• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

man maybe im crazy but since I can do individual saves and skip through stuff fast I just started another playthrough on Death March with simulation off (since I was mad about that too)

idk if i'll keep at it. I have 25 hours on the blood and broken bones one but I enjoy this game's challenge too much.

Speaking of which, Charles Dance as Emhyr is so fucking good. Love the slight affectation hr has to his voice to make it different from say, Tywin Lannister. What a performance.

TrounceX

PC folk, you playing with a controller or kb+m? Not sure which one I wanna go with.

Controller, but I'm going to attempt kb + m tonight. For some reason the controls feel really cumbersome in this game. The way Geralt reacts to input and other objects in the world feels very janky to me. Almost like there's a delay or something. Not sure if my setup, or my controller, or just that I'm crazy.

It's about my only complaint about this game so far but poor controls really sap my motivation to play.

Klyka

Banned
man maybe im crazy but since I can do individual saves and skip through stuff fast I just started another playthrough on Death March with simulation off (since I was mad about that too)

idk if i'll keep at it. I have 25 hours on the blood and broken bones one but I enjoy this game's challenge too much.

You know you can change difficulty in the menu on a running game at any time,right?

Reebot

Controller, but I'm going to attempt kb + m tonight. For some reason the controls feel really cumbersome in this game. The way Geralt reacts to input and other objects in the world feels very janky to me. Almost like there's a delay or something. Not sure if my setup, or my controller, or just that I'm crazy.

It's about my only complaint about this game so far but poor controls really sap my motivation to play.

Its not you; Geralt is very over-animated. They went way too far on just about all of his animations giving tangible delay to any action.

I was really surprised to hear some people (in general) say that Geralt's VO is bad, or that they disliked his voice. I've always loved Doug Cockles' wry delivery and unmistakeable voice. All three games have hugely benefitted from his talent, and I'm incredibly glad CDPR kept him throughout the series.
PC folk, you playing with a controller or kb+m? Not sure which one I wanna go with.

KB&M. Works really well so long as you have a five button mouse, for dodges and rolls. Otherwise I think it'd be too clunky to play on harder difficulties and would probably whip out my dusty controller.

Chariot

How do you replenish Alchemy items? Missed the tutorial snippet.
They get automatically refilled when you metitate and have strong alcohol in your inventory. I also think tutorials get saved in the same menu as the Bestiary. You can always look things up.

CoolOff

So my dad has just started playing the game and has done the mission where you
look for the arsinist
the problem is when the drowners came, one of them killed the merchant who sells the dlc. I told my dad not to worry because he will probably respawn when he returns to the town, yet the guy is still dead.

Is my dad screwed and can't get the dlc or will the guy respawn sometime?

He died the exact same way for me lol. He sold the DLC? Bummer.

Salsa

You know you can change difficulty in the menu on a running game at any time,right?

yes, and I actually changed a bit on my previous playthrough from blood and broken bones to normal and back, but since it affects XP gain and all I wanna see how it is from the start

im just messin, for now, but if I enjoy it more i'll keep at it

The quests in this game mang.

feels.gif

Chitown B

You can't regenerate health by resting in Blood and Bones difficulty. My best advice is either get a Swallow potion which works like a powerful water or pick up the Sun and the Stars ability. Swallow works great though if you don't want to take an ability point. Every time you run out of swallow, just meditate and you'll restock your swallow potion using any alcohol you have on you. I use Swallow for passive regen outside of fights, and food for during fights, since Swallow stops working if you get hit.

wow I had no idea I could restock Swallow by meditating.

I dunno. If it's the contract boss, I just used the trap from the start after looking through the bestiary.

It's a random enemy. I now see that Yrden takes away the fog shield thing she has regardless if you have Yrden upgraded or not. Weird that it didn't do that for the contract boss earlier. Anyway, thanks.

Denton

Finally my new 970 arrived.

That 60fps is so sweet. Fuck hairworks.

Played first 3 hours. Just exploring so far. Killed level 7 wraith on level 1. Blood and broken bones. Such atmosphere. Combat feels great. No crashes or bugs.
Next sixteen days are going to be fun.

BokehKing

Banned
Beautiful having tons of fun, but damn those cut scenes are ugly and laggy and full of texture and lighting pop in, hope they can fix that.

Getting my beard shaved, this is awesome lol

misho8723

Banned

M+K.. and I don't have any major problems with them.. and I only changed - Strong Attack:Right Mouse, Witcher senses: V... I don't see the complains of people.. menus are great to operate, the camera control in fights is great, double tap move keys to dodge is really nice, etc.. yeah, I'm really surprised how solid the controls are.. I don't have any reason for now to play this with a gamepad..

Just beaten the griffon and ventured forth to no man's land, and holy shit this game is huge! So many places to go, so many quests to complete!

Buy saddlebags from the dlc merchant at white orchard.

If you play on normal or easy you can meditate to get your health back.

I bought the saddlebag from the merchant, how do I utilize it?

Chariot

Beautiful having tons of fun, but damn those cut scenes are ugly and laggy and full of texture and lighting pop in, hope they can fix that.
What are you playing on?

Think im gonna turn off Points of interests. Fucks my OCD.
Deactivated that after I was finished with the video options before starting the game. it's much more fun to stumble into something instead of running from one point to another.

I bought the saddlebag from the merchant, how do I utilize it?
You have as slot for saddlebags below your usual equip.

Robiin

Holy crap just completed a towerful of mice side quest. Absolutely brilliant.

I fucking love this game.
I completed it while half-dosed off due to lack of sleep. Didn't really follow everything. Can someone recap the small story of this quest for me, since it's apparently amazing? All I got was
she drank a sleeping potion the doctor gave her during the attack and became paralyzed and killed by the mice. The army sent people to attack the tower why? And the boyfriend was part of the army as well, and they sent him along because they knew he would be able to get them in. Didn't really understand the importance of the ghosts/flashbacks and the work the doctor was doing. And then when you brought her bones back she became free, what?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I love how the cutscenes change due to the fact I did some looting by myself before the story so I had no need to progress with certain pieces of that quest.

abundant

Great quest line for sure. The way they have non storyline quests weave in and out of each other is so great and makes them much more epic.

Agreed. I loved how that questline bled into the
Bloody Barren
and the
Bog Witches
story arc.

TrounceX

Its not you; Geralt is very over-animated. They went way too far on just about all of his animations giving tangible delay to any action.

Ok thanks, glad to hear it's not just me or my setup.

I think there's a balance between realism and gameplay that needs to be considered. I'd prefer a game to have awful animations like Xenoblade but then be able to turn on a dime, or run into something and not be held up by an animation. Japanese games tend to go this route and so they generally "feel" better to me. That's just my opinion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom