• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

I completed it while half-dosed off due to lack of sleep. Didn't really follow everything. Can someone recap the small story of this quest for me, since it's apparently amazing? All I got was
she drank a sleeping potion the doctor gave her during the attack and became paralyzed and killed by the mice. The army sent people to attack the tower why? And the boyfriend was part of the army as well, and they sent him along because they knew he would be able to get them in. Didn't really understand the importance of the ghosts/flashbacks and the work the doctor was doing. And then when you brought her bones back she became free, what?

The peasants thought that they had full larders and intended to rob them. The boyfriend gets recruited because he and the daughter were lovers. Then it all goes to shit, the peasants kill the people inside and attempt to rape the girl while he attempts to stop them. She drinks a vial the mage had given her which makes her look like she died. Boyfriend goes all "what have I done" and runs away. She later wakes up from the sleep potion just to find that she can't move and the rats are feasting on her flesh.
The mage was also experimenting on humans trying to find a cure to some plague.

antonz

I completed it while half-dosed off due to lack of sleep. Didn't really follow everything. Can someone recap the small story of this quest for me, since it's apparently amazing? All I got was
she drank a sleeping potion the doctor gave her during the attack and became paralyzed and killed by the mice. The army sent people to attack the tower why? And the boyfriend was part of the army as well, and they sent him along because they knew he would be able to get them in. Didn't really understand the importance of the ghosts/flashbacks and the work the doctor was doing. And then when you brought her bones back she became free, what?

The whole story is a twist on Romeo and Juliet to a degree. Lover is tricked to let the murdering crowds in on the promise of fair treatment. Crowd gets in and then murders everyone and intends to rape Anabelle. So she "dies" only to awake still temporarily paralyzed as Rats begin to eat her. Since she is a Pesta actually bringing the bones to Graham dooms the entire area. Pesta bring death and plague with them. She basically tricks Geralt with all the love and forgiveness stuff and instead wants to make everyone suffer.

Maximo

Alittle shame you can't buy a house and display weapons or at least store things. Got alot of cool named weapons that I don't want to part with.

Robiin

The peasants thought that they had full larders and intended to rob them. The boyfriend gets recruited because he and the daughter were lovers. Then it all goes to shit, the peasants kill the people inside and attempt to rape the girl while he attempts to stop them. She drinks a vial the mage had given her which makes her look like she died. Boyfriend goes all "what have I done" and runs away. She later wakes up from the sleep potion just to find that she can't move and the rats are feasting on her flesh.
The mage was also experimenting on humans trying to find a cure to some plague.

Since she is a Pesta actually bringing the bones to Graham dooms the entire area. Pesta bring death and plague with them. She basically tricks Geralt with all the love and forgiveness stuff and instead wants to make everyone suffer.

Thanks dudes/dudettes, really helpful :)

Chariot

If you had to buy one game, would it be gta v or the witcher 3?

Can't decide. Only for sp
You ask taht question in the Witcher 3 OT? The outcome is somewhat predictable, is it not? I for one didn't buy GTA and went to Witcher 3.
Alittle shame you can't buy a house and display weapons or at least store things. Got alot of cool named weapons that I don't want to part with.
Geralt isn't the kind of guy who would buy a house and I don't think we even get enough money to buy one. However it would be cool if we had permanent access to Kaer Morhen and a little room where we could put things.

Nose Master

I need more Gwent. I steam roll everyone (except for the innkeepers, who the fuck has 3 medics AND spies?) I just wish they gave you decent cards. If I get another Clear Weather card from someone I'm going to snap.

Are the card rewards from the "side" Gwent NPCs randomized? I thought I got a different one than my room mate from the same NPC.

Diablos54

This is my first Witcher game, and I'm really enjoying it so far. About 4/5 hours I'm finally ready to move past the prologue! Had great fun just wondering about finding ?'s and exploring new. The few side quests I did were really well done, I'm hoping they all stay high quality? The first boss great was great, tough but not that bad (playing on broken bones level).

Only real problem so far is money, I never have any! Thankfully I think I have decent weapons and armour from exploring and alchemy (Currently level 3 rocking a Viper Steel Sword and a Silver Disglar, hunting boots/trousers, cavalry gauntlets and a warriors leather jacket. The jacket and viper sword being Witcher gear while the rest are master items).

Not just swallow. Every single alchemy item is replenished for the cost of one alcohol.

Does that go for Death March difficulty too? I was surprised when I meditated earlier and got my potions back. Kinda expected to need to hunt for the items again. Been collecting drowner brains ready for it.

How? Geralt can't do anything but use his crossbow underwater.

Crossbow kills in one shot under water.

I need more Gwent. I steam roll everyone (except for the innkeepers, who the fuck has 3 medics AND spies?) I just wish they gave you decent cards. If I get another Clear Weather card from someone I'm going to snap.

Are the card rewards from the "side" Gwent NPCs randomized? I thought I got a different one than my room mate from the same NPC.

Have you played the soothsayer yet?? His monster deck is ridiculous and that power that makes all cards of the same type play is freaking bs, then I beat him and I get a power 6 monster!!!

I cannot beat the blacksmiths apprentice in the bloody barons keep for the same reason, she ends up scoring over 100 a lot of the time. I'll come back when I've got some more power but damn seriously I love Gwent. LOVE it. I'm so glad they went this way with the mini game. I will collect all of the cards and complete that quest before I'm through.

I'm ocd like crazy when it comes to finishing everything and it sure takes a lot of time to explore all those questions marks.

Thanks dudes/dudettes, really helpful :)

Also if you try to leave before you agree to help, the story plays out in a very different way.

I knew the lady ghost's story didn't check out when she contradicted herself, so I tried to go outside to look for more clues and she revealed herself as a Pesta

Chariot

How? Geralt can't do anything but use his crossbow underwater.
Don't fight them underwater, draw them out.

Johnny is brilliant.
He is super cute. I want to take him to Kaer Morhem. Then again, I don't know what he thinks about me that I got the children killed.

The merchants and blacksmiths give random common cards, yeah. The Inn keepers and special players grant you set unique cards. So you have to beat them to get to the good stuff. If you beat all special players in a region, you get an additional unique.

Robiin

I am so insecure regarding materials, dismantling and herbs. I don't want to sell amything because I miiiight need it later, there could be recipies in the future that uses them! Now I have like 40 celandine plants. And I don't want to break anything down because I might be making a mistake.

Majukun

didn't touch the game at all apart from the fiurst match at the inn..only way to get more cards is to buy them on the inn?

Kyaw

I am regretting my choices. Kiera quest line spoilers:
maaaan, I should not have killed her if I knew you could send her to Kaer Morhen. These choices man

Also wraiths reaaaally fuck you up in tiny corridors.

Lingitiz

So I'm guessing (romance spoilers)..

Telling both Triss and Yen you love them leads to both of them dumping you right?
No way to prevent that from happening?

I am so insecure regarding materials, dismantling and herbs. I don't want to sell amything because I miiiight need it later, there could be recipies in the future that uses them! Now I have like 40 celandine plants. And I don't want to break anything down because I might be making a mistake.

I've got 100's of some herbs... Should probably sell them down a bit...

Holy shit, leveling takes FOREVER. I never played a game where getting XP took this long.

Do main line quests and you'll find that your level jumps up quickly..

Have you played the soothsayer yet?? His monster deck is ridiculous and that power that makes all cards of the same type play is freaking bs, then I beat him and I get a power 6 monster!!!

I cannot beat the blacksmiths apprentice in the bloody barons keep for the same reason, she ends up scoring over 100 a lot of the time. I'll come back when I've got some more power but damn seriously I love Gwent. LOVE it. I'm so glad they went this way with the mini game. I will collect all of the cards and complete that quest before I'm through.

I'm ocd like crazy when it comes to finishing everything and it sure takes a lot of time to explore all those questions marks.

Chariot

Why? They are easier to kill underwater.
I don't have infinite bolts and it way more fun to see them burn to death in slow and painful agony.

Holy shit, leveling takes FOREVER. I never played a game where getting XP took this long.
I know right. 23 hours and I am level 10 :,D
Not sure how you expect me to do that in the middle of the sea and they stay in the general location but okay.
Oh, did miss the sea part.

Majukun

really liked the quest "family matters"

about the bloody baron...I like the guy...sure he is a wife beater son of a bitch..but in the witcher games you hardly find someone without sin

Gaz_RB

Wouldn't be very Witchery. It'd be cool if you could go back to Kaer Morhen whenever you want though.

mileS

right? I'm the same way. It's getting hard because i'm constantly running close to full inv. now.

right? I'm the same way. It's getting hard because i'm constantly running close to full inv. now.

I've got larger saddlebags (I'm level 7) and my inventory is 130 now instead of 90. Makes such s big difference. Remember to visit stores every now and then to offload the heavy stuff like weapons etc.

There's a dude in Oreton who sells a saddlebag with +70 inventory space. You can go there as soon as you reach Velen. Two tough as nails Gwent players there too.

I do wish I could see the level of an enemy farther away than you currently can. By the time you see thy're lvl 20 (and you're just 12) they're right on top of you and you have to scarper sharpish! Also they can chase you for fucking miles. Bumped into a lvl 20 wyvern and so I legged it straight to the nearest town and the fucking thing was still chasing me! All the townsfolk were screaming and running! Hilarious to watch them all panic (like I did).

Nose Master

Crossbow kills in one shot under water.

Monster decks are superfree if you have a fog card. Almost every monster card is a front line card.

...Black smiths apprentice, you say? People play gwent besides vendors?!

SJRB

Gold Member
Something that's going completely over my head is armor upgrading. I saw in a loading screen tip that I can upgrade my Witcher armor; how does that work exactly?

I've bought a couple of different armors, they pretty much all look rediculous so I want to keep rocking the default armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom