• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

leng jai

Seriously what is up with games that make ridiculously loud noises when you die? Can't understand what the purpose is aside from trolling.

hunchback

I just received the collectors edition of the strategy guide. The main guide is 526 pages and the lore journal is 96 pages. They did a really nice job on the journal. The strat guide has some really nice art and if you have ocd or plan on playing multiple times it is a good pick up.
This is my first Witcher game so it will help me out. I have a free code for the online guide. Am I allowed to share it or is that frowned upon?

Bessy67

I just started the game and I wanted a bit of a challenge so I chose the 2nd highest difficulty (forget what it's called). What's the best way to restore health? I've just been eating bread but are there better food items/potions I can do with alchemy to restore health?

Vitor711

So. 25 hours in, and I discover you can press left and right on the d-pad while blocking to change signs.

Nice!

Wait what? 32 hours in... good to know.

Also, I asked the game not to create a TW2 save file for me. I'm assuming I'm going to get asked some questions at some point? No-ones brought up events from the last game yet so no idea if I did that correctly or not.

pahamrick

Wait what? 32 hours in... good to know.

Also, I asked the game not to create a TW2 save file for me. I'm assuming I'm going to get asked some questions at some point? No-ones brought up events from the last game yet so no idea if I did that correctly or not.

I believe you have to pick to simulate a witcher 2 save to get asked the questions, otherwise you get a default world state.

Jebral

I just started the game and I wanted a bit of a challenge so I chose the 2nd highest difficulty (forget what it's called). What's the best way to restore health? I've just been eating bread but are there better food items/potions I can do with alchemy to restore health?

There's an early skill that gives you piddly amounts of regen, but as far as I can tell food and swallow. And rest for more potions to restock your swallow.

QP3

When I meditate and it regenerates my bombs, etc., does that consume the materials that it takes to make such items? thanks!

It's rather simple. Win two rounds, win a round by baving the higher score at the end of a round, a round ends once both players passed.You can win small amounts of money and ressources. There are also quests regarding special players in every region, inn keepers and a tournament. All of who naturally deliver experience. Also Qwent is fucking awesome.

I figured the goal was to win, the path to getting there seemed a bit more complex than the dice game. And like I said, I was eager to get playing. I'm sure I'll visit it again at some point.

Beefy

Just got a load of gold for the quest
Swamp Thing. I asked for more gold then he had so he offered to pay me double in 5 days time. I ended up getting 594 gold.

zedge

Ugh. Died and for some reason it would not load my save. Quit the game and restarted it. Now it just sits saying please wait at the title screen. Sigh. X1 version.

BizzyBum

Really loving the game so far. I'm 15 hours in and feel I've done barely anything.

One thing that disappoints me is that it seems there's not a lot of people to actually talk to in the world. Most people are "Peasants" and just have one or two generic lines. I guess that's inevitable in a game world so large.

sTiTcH AU

Ugh. Died and for some reason it would not load my save. Quit the game and restarted it. Now it just sits saying please wait at the title screen. Sigh. X1 version.

Did you start play after you used suspend/resume? that happened to me and I lost the entire session (3hours of play). Make sure when you are finished with the game that you fully quit the game before turning off the xbox. Do a cold boot, you should be able to load the game up again.

RDreamer

A bit of a PSA to all the people complaining about getting archers in the back and being "locked on" to everyone else: You know you can hold X (on PS4... on other platforms it's probably the run/roll button) and Geralt will no longer be locked on. You can then run to whoever you want to start stabbing.

zedge

Did you start play after you used suspend/resume? that happened to me and I lost the entire session (3hours of play). Make sure when you are finished with the game that you fully quit the game before turning off the xbox. Do a cold boot, you should be able to load the game up again.
Yea it was suspended from last night. Will try that thanks.

Phamit

So I met
Leto
, it took me by surprise, sidequests can really have some surprises

I helped him and send him to Kaer Morhen

I also met
Roche and Vez
, but it seems like I was too early or have to wait for a mission

has anyone beat Olaf in the Fighting tournament? I just did and ohh boy he obliterated me the first try. i eventually defeated him after a lengthy battle. This game is amazing.

SomTervo

Seriously what is up with games that make ridiculously loud noises when you die? Can't understand what the purpose is aside from trolling.

Hahahaha. So, so true.

In order to not bother my gf sleeping I started using in-ear headphone buds.

Pretty much blows my eardrums out every time I die. Back to speakers turned down I reckon.

Maximo

Just got into skellige what a beautiful setting love the accents and the Nordic setting, people don't seem to be complete pricks towards a witcher too, nice change and interesting to see the difference on how people treat you.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Wrapped up the Baron questline and man, that stuff was fantastic. The way the quests intersect and choices impact it were great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom