• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anfang

Really wish CDPR implemented some sort of completion marker for the ? areas. Really sucks trying to figure out which ones you have and havent completed.

That's why you beat every last one of them to death with one of the 18 blackjacks in your inventory they for some reason didn't take from you along with your swords.

Scoia'tael are so pissy and smug, they'd have more people on their side if they weren't such assholes.

thats why i sided with the Order on my W1 playthrough
stop being psychotic assholes and maybe humanity wouldnt hate your guts eh?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Really wish CDPR implemented some sort of completion marker for the ? areas. Really sucks trying to figure out which ones you have and havent completed.

They go grey when they're done, white when they're not.

Peff

Just noticed that you can go straight to the vendor inventory while buying if you move the right analog stick with the controller. Neato.

Kind of annoyed the Dragon Age thread got locked. It's the only RPG I had to compare TW3 with, and I was wanting to read more opinions on the two

Guess Ill annoy you guys instead

I keep seeing people say the open world in Witcher is more like GTA than Ubisoft collectathon/Dragon Age

I also see comparisons to Skyrim.

As someone who loves Fallout's world, I am hoping Witcher is able to hold my attention throughout the same way, unlike DA that felt very boring and made me lose motivation

Is leaving White Orchard similar to leaving the Hinterlands in Dragon Age: Inquisition? AKA, leave the damn Hinterlands! Or can I explore to my heart's content?

Serrato

Made a mod to increase potion durations, eagerly awaiting the release of official mod tools.. hurry pls CDPR!

Nice... but what's wrong with Potion's duration?

Is leaving White Orchard similar to leaving the Hinterlands in Dragon Age: Inquisition? AKA, leave the damn Hinterlands! Or can I explore to my heart's content?

You can do it in it's entirety without any problems. Personally, I had fun do all the Points of Interest before moving on.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

I completed everything in the area, I plan to do the same for every area. WO is a tiny part of the game though.

So I kind of completed a quest before I was officially assigned the quest. It was a treasure hunt quest at white orchard called "dirty funds", something about deserters in some camp that I have to kill, except I already killed them a while ago and cleared the area. Basically the quest is asking me to read a letter and after doing so a marker is meant to be placed on my map but nothing happens. Going to ignore it but I guess its glitched.

Peff

Kind of annoyed the Dragon Age thread got locked. It's the only RPG I had to compare TW3 with, and I was wanting to read more opinions on the two

I keep seeing people say the open world in Witcher is more like GTA than Ubisoft collectathon/Dragon Age

As someone who loves Fallout's world, I am hoping Witcher is able to hold my attention throughout the same way, unlike DA that felt very boring and made me lose motivation

This is infinitely better than Inquisition in terms of stuff to do in the open world. The side quests are meaty and unique and the points of interest, while more cookie-cutter as far as presentation goes, actually have exciting loot or cool rewards.

iNvid02

those decoctions are serious shit, geralt became the sith lord at max toxicity for 30 minutes but he wasnt overburdened, and thats all that matters.

ironcreed

Banned
Finally some decent gear.

10983238_893460710717697_3821127099649400664_n.jpg

Corpekata

Banned
I can see why some would want potion duration increased. You're meant to be drinking them to prepare, but doing so will probably waste like 1/3 of the potion when it comes to the general use ones. Probably won't mod it myself, but can see the annoyance.

Once you discover the area the white ? gets replaced with a more specific marker (chest, monster nest, etc). After you complete the area the marker still remains but it turns grey instead of white.

Finally some decent gear.

10983238_893460710717697_3821127099649400664_n.jpg
Nice armpit flowers.

Witcher 3 has probably the most well-realised and varied open world that's evern been made. The quality bar for every piece of content is of the highest order. Every quest feels like a main-line quest, where care and thought was put into its design and overall place in the world. There are no meaningless quests, no trivial tasks, and only one collectathon which is a veritable game in and of itself (i.e. the card game gwent). Witcher 3 has minigames like GTA5, but in this they're actually fun; it has Biowarian choice & consequence peppered throughout every dialog; it has deep and engaging mechanics that take time and skill to master; and above all it has an immense open world that ties every single aspect of the game together.

It's a truly remarkable achievement - one of the densest and largest open worlds I've ever had the pleasure of inhabiting.

Anfang

Once you discover the area the white ? gets replaced with a more specific marker (chest, monster nest, etc). After you complete the area the marker still remains but it turns grey instead of white.

That appears to be my problem. I cant seem to distinguish the difference between the two colors.

I can see why some would want potion duration increased. You're meant to be drinking them to prepare, but doing so will probably waste like 1/3 of the potion when it comes to the general use ones. Probably won't mod it myself, but can see the annoyance.

Yeah, exactly - the original request was to make potion usage "feel more Witchery" by buffing the lengths they lasted for.

What do you guys think of the pots in this game compared to TW2? Do you prefer this system?

Salaadin

Level 5 and well on my way into Velen and I've yet to find a new silver sword. Kind of annoying.

Scoured Novigrad for a Smith and found that he didn't have any nor do I have any schematics for one

Anyone do "Now or Never" quest yet? I'm unable to beat the
Katakan because it recovers its health so quickly.
Is this a glitch or do I suck? I'm leveled high enough for the quest.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
The Family Matters quest is getting fairly interesting. Baron sounds kind of like Robert Baratheon, lol. I just
finished the part where I bring the Peller back his goat, and just fought my first bear.

Peff

That appears to be my problem. I cant seem to distinguish the difference between the two colors.

I *think* it's only visible in the mini-map. I noticed it was white in the world map as well after finishing one and seeing it change to grey. Might be a glitch, though.

Jebral

I was starting to get worried about my beard... But finally, after hours upon hours, it came back! I'm so happy!

That being said, I just ran out of strong alcohol for the first time. Which ones are considered strong alcohol? I have paid zero attention to brewing booze up until this point. Seems I can at least buy cheap stuff to make good stuff.

Also, on blade oils: Are they timed, or limited to a number of attacks? When I have used them, it gave me no indication on the hud.

I liked DA:I, but this game is on a whole other level. This will go down as one of the greatest RPGs ever made, on the same pedestal as Fallout and BG2.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Level 5 and well on my way into Velen and I've yet to find a new silver sword. Kind of annoying.

Scoured Novigrad for a Smith and found that he didn't have any nor do I have any schematics for one
Dive underwater in Velen, near the bridge south of Mulbrydale

Corpekata

Banned
I was starting to get worried about my beard... But finally, after hours upon hours, it came back! I'm so happy!

That being said, I just ran out of strong alcohol for the first time. Which ones are considered strong alcohol? I have paid zero attention to brewing booze up until this point. Seems I can at least buy cheap stuff to make good stuff.

Also, on blade oils: Are they timed, or limited to a number of attacks? When I have used them, it gave me no indication on the hud.

Any alcohol that you can't drink. You should be loaded with it really. Any area with human (bandits, deserters, etc) enemies seems to have tons of it to loot.

Oils are attacks. I believe 20 hits.

justjim89

I ask again: does the 1.03 patch fix crashing in the inventory menu? Is there a reliable link to the new patch? Every time I try to go to it, it says the site is broken.

MattyG

Banned
I'm stuck on the
Wild Hunt guy with the axe in the elf's hideout.
I try to roll away from those attacks, but he hits me more often than not. I haven't found a consistently reliable way to dodge him yet.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I ask again: does the 1.03 patch fix crashing in the inventory menu? Is there a reliable link to the new patch? Every time I try to go to it, it says the site is broken.
Improves stability in gameplay and the UI
Improves performance especially in cutscenes and gameplay
Fixes grass and foliage popping that could occur after density parameters were changed
Improves Nvidia Hairworks performance
Boosted texture anisotropy sampling to 16x on Ultra preset
Sharpen Post-process settings extended from Off/On to Off/Low/High
Blood particles will now properly appear after killing enemies on the water
Corrects a bug where player was able to shoot bolts at friendly NPCs
Improves menu handling
Corrects an issue with Stamina regeneration while sprinting
Fixes a cursor lock issue that sometimes occcured when scrolling the map
Generally improves world map focus
Improves input responsiveness when using keyboard
Corrects some missing translations in the UI
Corrects an issue in dialogue selections
Rostan Muggs is back
Minor SFX improvements

It was supposed to, and I haven't crashed since the patch.

I liked DA:I, but this game is on a whole other level. This will go down as one of the greatest RPGs ever made, on the same pedestal as Fallout and BG2.

From what I've played, I totally believe this is the case. Sorta crossing my fingers it doesn't pull a DAI and pull the wool away half-way through, but that seems highly unlikely from everything I've seen so far.

Anfang

I'm stuck on the
Wild Hunt guy with the axe in the elf's hideout.
I try to roll away from those attacks, but he hits me more often than not. I haven't found a consistently reliable way to dodge him yet.

are you offensively going at him then rolling to dodge or are you letting him attack first then dodging and attacking. The latter works best and you really shouldnt get hit.

diamount

Banned
It's probably the Night ? Meditate to the day.

If it's the Master Smith... I don't know.

The one that is supposed to be near the notice board, and nope it's noon in-game. No idea if this is a bug or what, restated the game to no avail. Slightly annoying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom