• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

ughhh im so conflicted

do I keep going through it all on Death March or do I go back to my normal / blood and broken bones save 24 hours in

im actually surprised at how fast I can move through the game when I skip stuff like tutorials off and rushing through conversations

those playing Death March on the later game, is it that much more rewarding?

So I made it out of White Orchard and decided that after being forced to wear "proper" clothes for a small story moment, I'd go shirtless for a while. I feel like Geralt the Barbarian, or something.

ynG0gP.png

Acinixys

Is anyone else having issues with too many skill points?

Im level 6 at 14 hours in and have 4 unspent skill points

Seems pointless since I already have 4 maxed skills, and no more slots to put new skills into

Guess im going to have to wait it out

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Where the fuck is a black smith in Novigrad? I've been throughout the city and didn't see one. The map isn't showing any throughout anywhere. I checked the legend and everything is on.

ughhh im so conflicted

do I keep going through it all on Death March or do I go back to my normal / blood and broken bones save 24 hours in

im actually surprised at how fast I can move through the game when I skip stuff like tutorials off and rushing through conversations

Well I haven't got to play much of the game on Death March so far but it's been a lot more fun for me. I beat it on normal and a lot of the time I didn't really need to devise any strategy or prepare for any battles at all. Most of the games built in checkpoints carried me through when I didn't have healing items.

The bit of played of Death March so far has felt a lot more like playing as a hunter/tracker since you actually need to do stuff like brewing potions etc. I beat the normal difficulty without ever even buying healing items or even brewing the swallow potion.

So I made it out of White Orchard and decided that after being forced to wear "proper" clothes for a small story moment, I'd go shirtless for a while. I feel like Geralt the Barbarian, or something.

ynG0gP.png

Imagine seeing that bounding down the path at you LOL

Meanwhile, I encountered the Scoi'atel for the first time. They put up a decent fight too

Wrapped up the Baron questline and man, that stuff was fantastic. The way the quests intersect and choices impact it were great.
Just finished that quest up today. It's definitely the first full on "This is what the Witcher is" example. There are other quests before it that have branches, like the Tower of Mice. But that's the first one that ends with a "here's what you did a while ago that resulted in what just happened" summary. And that's what they've been doing since the first game.

Where did you find the quest? It is the only one I can't find.

It was on the Skellige Islands . You have to defeat the first 3 men. and then he'll tell you to go to fight Olaf. I forgot where he actually is though. I do know that it take places in an actual arena though.

Salsa

Well I haven't got to play much of the game on Death March so far but it's been a lot more fun for me. I beat it on normal and a lot of the time I didn't really need to devise any strategy or prepare for any battles at all. Most of the games built in checkpoints carried me through when I didn't have healing items.

The bit of played of Death March so far has felt a lot more like playing as a hunter/tracker since you actually need to do stuff like brewing potions etc. I beat the normal difficulty without ever even buying healing items or even brewing the swallow potion.

yeah. normal was a no-go for me but I wasnt feeling my blood and broken bones playthrough that much either cause I played through some of it on normal and felt.. like cheating

think i'll just put on a podcast and rush through question marks on this playthrough till I reach wherever I was

hadnt gotten that far in terms of main quests but I did had some sweet crafted armor

the fact that you don't really get XP from random monsters means leveling to 9 again probably doesnt need much of the random battles I did before

this just feels like the proper way to play

Okay, Family Matters was really good.

I like how the game so far seems to blend a super souped up version of the presentation and characters of Witcher 2 with the world building of the first game.

It's still all very overwhelming and I feel I'm not moving forward very quickly but being level 5-6 on Death March, most enemies will easily fuck me up if I get sloppy.

Acinixys

It's still all very overwhelming and I feel I'm not moving forward very quickly but being level 5-6 on Death March, most enemies will easily fuck me up if I get sloppy.

Im sure it will stay like this throughout the game

Level 1 enemies still take 1/4 of my HP per attack and im level 6. Even fighting packs of Drowners can be a challange

Im sure it will stay like this throughout the game

Level 1 enemies still take 1/4 of my HP per attack and im level 6. Even fighting packs of Drowners can be a challange
I'm reserving judgment on that because W2 really had this reverse difficulty curve where the right talents let you trounce everything in the latter half of the game.
This might not be the case here. I'm enjoying the experience so far as every encounter is a risk and slashing/Quening through everything doesn't cut it.

jesu

So, have CDPR said anything about improving the movement system because it feels bad to just walk around.

Have you been playing for long?
I thought it was shit to start with, but after a couple of hours it becomes ok.
Lower the sensitivity, that helps.

OmegaDL50

I just received the collectors edition of the strategy guide. The main guide is 526 pages and the lore journal is 96 pages. They did a really nice job on the journal. The strat guide has some really nice art and if you have ocd or plan on playing multiple times it is a good pick up.
This is my first Witcher game so it will help me out. I have a free code for the online guide. Am I allowed to share it or is that frowned upon?

I'll take the code for the online guide if that is okay?

usp84

What happens if you take a loan from the bank?I took one and the dwarf said that they have ways of getting back their money or something like that.How can i pay back?

Novigrad is great!

Stoze

ughhh im so conflicted

Why would you go back when you can switch difficulties on the fly? I'm missing something here

justjim89

Playing on PC, and my game frequently crashes or freezes on inventory screens. Trying to get the 1.03 patch, but every time I try the website is broken.

What's the consensus on main quests vs. side quests in terms of prioritization? I love to just explore and look for question marks but the XP build is so slow, and at level 5 enemies in the second area are often way too high level or too numerous to be feasible. Main quests give a ton of experience, but I don't want to power through stuff.

Grassy

I finally made it out of White Orchard after 15 hours. It's been a long time since I've felt this way about a video game. Absolutely loving it.

Still looking for a Devil's Puffball manuscript in the wild -- anyone have coords?

I got devils puffball in white orchard. I'm not sure exactly where but I completed every quest there and every point of interest and pretty much looted the entire area clean lol. But yeah it's definitely at white orchard. If you haven't completed every point of interest there yet I would do that, doesn't take too long.

I think I'm about 13-14 hours in and I just finished up the main story in Velen. There's a ton of stuff left to do here though...so I don't think I can leave right away.

Neverfade

I got devils puffball in white orchard. I'm not sure exactly where but I completed every quest there and every point of interest and pretty much looted the entire area clean lol. But yeah it's definitely at white orchard. If you haven't completed every point of interest there yet I would do that, doesn't take too long.

I have cleared all ?s in white orchard and unfortunately didn't get one (although I've heard other people say they got theirs there too). I HAD a recipe and lost some progress. I remember getting it where Kwansu's talking about but now that I think about it I'm pretty sure I re-cleared that area and it wasn't in the chest. I'm unfortunately not in front of the game to check though.

If the house was full of wraiths, Letho is dead. Otherwise you'll find him in one of the buildings while you search the place; you can tell he's alive if there are traps instead of monsters.

So that mean the default state
Letho is dead. Which is okay since I killed him in my W2 game any way.

I would seriously pay for a whole hour of Geralt, Lambert and Eskel's drunken shenanigans. That bit was hilarious

Anyone got a screenshot of that?

Sephon

Does anyone else feel that the dynamic weather system is mind blowing and revolutionary, 35 hours in and my jaw still drops every time I see a new kind if sky.
I just pray that the game is as intensely story driven all the way through, as it has been in the first half.

Flare

Minor side-quest spoilers (Contract: Woodland Beast):

You have the options of selling the Scoia'tael out to the man who gives you the quest after telling their leader you wouldn't tell the guard about them. I accidentally selected this option, didn't think it'd have any major effect or anything.

Come now, at least 8 levels later and considerably further on in the game, the leader pops out after I finish a quest and asks me if I remember her, "The Scoia'tael you betrayed" as she put it.

I love this game.

Does anyone else feel that the dynamic weather system is mind blowing and revolutionary, 35 hours in and my jaw still drops every time I see a new kind if sky.
I just pray that the game is as intensely story driven all the way through, as it has been in the first half.
I don't know about revolutionary. It's very neat, and I've loved most of the weather states I've seen, but there are a few times when the colors seem to be pushing it to me. Otherwise pretty great.

You have the options of selling the Scoia'tael out to the man who gives you the quest after telling their leader you wouldn't tell the guard about them. I accidentally selected this option, didn't think it'd have any major effect or anything.

Come now, at least 8 levels later and considerably further on in the game, the leader pops out after I finish a quest and asks me if I remember her, "The Scoia'tael you betrayed" as she put it.

I love this game.
Ooooo. I didn't do what you did. I wonder how she'll pop back up in my game.

justjim89

I love this game.

That's why you beat every last one of them to death with one of the 18 blackjacks in your inventory they for some reason didn't take from you along with your swords.

Scoia'tael are so pissy and smug, they'd have more people on their side if they weren't such assholes.

Zom

Banned
I got into the
bloody baron castle
by just jumping into the spike walls from the side lol, I dont even have is quest yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom