• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
You picked the "bad ending" like me, personally I find that choice much more interesting.

Yeah, it's a pretty compelling/fascinating story.

I dunno if it happens this way for everyone, but the quest concluded at sundown, and a strange confluence of light and mist transformed the bog into the most colorful and lovely location I've seen in the entire game.

W3 is full of moments like that.

TRISS CAME BACK!

RLe0rX3.jpg

Shy

Like all the other Witcher outfits you need to find the diagrams, but I really cant remember where if found it. I usually loot stuff and walk away. Check under your "Treasure Hunting" tab in quests and see if theres anything there for Griffin Witcher armor.
K. thank you good sir or madam.

I experienced a weird bug where the game kept me in combat after I sprinted away from some higher level enemies. Combat even persisted through cutscenes and quests and everything. Couldn't save manually and the battle music kept playing. Fortunately, checkpoint saves were still made, and loading one got me out of combat.

Witcherin' is tough. Blood and Broken Bones is even thougher.

Ok, so I wasn't under-leveled. Are you finding that all quests are usually a couple of levels above what you are at?

Maximo

Traveling to island Undvik and saw my first whale, pretty cool stuff. Hopefully there ain't anything worse in the water....

can somebody tell me where the second herbalist in white orchard is? I need to buy something off him so I can make superior swallow, and I can't recall where the hell he is. I know of the lady marked on the map in the northern-ish section of the map, but I know there's a second one somewhere in here. Can't find him :'(

Are you running PrecisionX, Afterburner or FRAPS ? Game was freezing in my inventory at random (every couple of hours) patch 1.03 fixed it for me... not sure what to say except it sucks :(

Afterburner, yes.

1.03 didn't do shot for me. I'll try shutting down afterburner, but.... ugh. I use that for my fan control and overclocking....

Jolkien

Afterburner, yes.

1.03 didn't do shot for me. I'll try shutting down afterburner, but.... ugh. I use that for my fan control and overclocking....

The game is also very finnicky with OC. If just shutting down afterburner don't fix your problem, try reverting your card to default setting.

GravyButt

does that poor girl die if you give her the swallow potion after meeting the herbalist at the beginning
? Wondering if its 50/50 random or its a set piece with the same outcome everytime.

Forkball

So how are people making money? I seem to always be running out of cash. Right when I make 800-900 coins, it dips down to 200-300 after repairing armor and buying a few small things here and there. I am getting a bit stingy with selling monster parts though. I just don't want to sell something and then it turns out I needed it for some formula.

Also do decoctions restock on meditation?

ALSO I fucked up the quest to get a pass to Novigrad. Then I go to Oxenfort and the dude says I need a pass to get in. But the quest marker says the pass is in Novigrad! Any help?

Beefy

So how are people making money? I seem to always be running out of cash. Right when I make 800-900 coins, it dips down to 200-300 after repairing armor and buying a few small things here and there. I am getting a bit stingy with selling monster parts though. I just don't want to sell something and then it turns out I needed it for some formula.

ALSO I fucked up the quest to get a pass to Novigrad. Then I go to Oxenfort and the dude says I need a pass to get in. But the quest marker says the pass is in Novigrad! Any help?

exploring and basically looting everything. I have around £7000 coins, but guess that will change when I hit Novigrad.

Two Words

OP, I love your post and would just like to do a quick tribute. This question from simulating Witcher 2 choices...

... was never asked to me. And yes, I said I was on Roche's path. I'm actually sad I wasn't asked it.

By the way, how many kings are alive in the north at the start of The Witcher 3? Only the king of Novigrad and the emperor of Nilfgaard (who invaded from the south) or are there more? (Spoiler mark if necessary; no details necessary). I remember at least two kings from The Witcher 2 who could be alive at the end of that game, but I'm confused as to whether they are still active now. Not sure if Skellige has a king also.
Yeah I was annoyed that is not a part of this game. Choosing whether a king lives or dies should have a big impact from The Witcher 2.

Vitor711

Having a hard time with the Eldberg Lighthouse contract.

I'm inside but
can't seem to find anything but the letter
. I also apparently failed part of the quest as I can't talk to
Mikhail or whatever about the Penitent? No idea what that is
. Game is telling me to search around more but I can't find anything in the lighthouse itself. Any help?

All right fuck this I've looked enough.

Anybody know where I can buy/find the manuscript for White Gull potion and where I can find vitriol (either from a store or from killing/scavenging?)

liezryou

Did you complete the main story missions in velen? iirc you get a pass to novigrad at the end of them

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
does that poor girl die if you give her the swallow potion after meeting the herbalist at the beginning
? Wondering if its 50/50 random or its a set piece with the same outcome everytime.

Her bf comes up to you at the nilfgardian camp in SE valen. She has some condition now. Sounded like dementia or something can't recall off hand but not a full recovery either way

man.. fuck. think im sticking with this death march save and replaying

game is even more fun this way. don't think you really need to use stuff as oils in blood and broken bones. each encounter really matters here and im surprised at how much im enjoying replaying what I played just 2 days ago

maybe it's cause I enjoy the combat tho and I know some people here don't. I think I was burnt out on the batman-ness of every new release

And you said you weren't a nut like me. ;)

Welcome to death march! It's a joy. Enjoy your new crystal skull!

Vitor711

I believe you have to pick to simulate a witcher 2 save to get asked the questions, otherwise you get a default world state.

What. I assumed that simulate TW2 save would have meant they were 'simulating a default world state'.

FFS - that's really annoyingly vague and poorly worded.

Neverfade

Anybody know where I can buy/find the manuscript for White Gull potion and where I can find vitriol (either from a store or from killing/scavenging?)

I can't remember the exact location, but there's an abandoned site you can clear near the little town with "the witch" which has an herbalist/merchant that will sell it. I also think the herbalist in White Orchard had it for sale.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

White Gull can be purchased from an herbalist in White Orchard. One of the ? marks in the SW has a bunch of ghouls near a road. Clear them out and the herbalist appears to sell you stuff. (I think that's where I bought it, if it wasn't Tomira).

Vitriol might have been in a treasure chest hidden also as part of a '?' questline. I recall looting it, but can't recall which chest.

After playing this game for a few hours I just can't get into it at all. I was thinking it was the combat/progression system, but that would have been strange because I'm generally okay with that stuff for literally any RPG I've ever played. I've concluded that it's because I have no attachment to the world, characters, or literally anything that's going on.

So now I'm going to go through Witcher 1 and 2 before starting again. I'm downloading the first one on steam now and haven't played a PC RPG in years so this should be interesting!

I'd like to know this too. Any consequences for
sleeping with Keira or any other character
?
Most likely. Either way, I have slept with every character so far when given the option. Lol
Keira, Triss, and Yen
so far. Hopefully here is a polygamy route.

Damn it all, I've hit a massive wall. Nithral in Death March difficulty is so op as hell.

I'm level six and I can't damage the minions fast enough when he is down, so the bastard is fully healed when I'm done with them

Forkball

Did you complete the main story missions in velen? iirc you get a pass to novigrad at the end of them

One of the markers for the main mission is in Oxenfort. I have to search for the Baron's wife there. But I can't get in Oxenfort because I need a pass to get in and the quest marker for it is in Novigrad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom