• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

robo

Got the game today, installed from disc, updated to 1.02, went through the set up, clicked new game, watched the cut scene showing them tracking the girl, then the loading screen, where the text keeps rotating through different sayings, game doesn't do anything from there, just sits there.

Deleted and reinstalled, left out update, exactly the same?

Something I'm missing?

RK9039

pMek1Hh.png

vS9xsrF.png

Geralt and
Letho
tag team incoming.

Can you import your Witcher 2 save?

If you don't have your Witcher 2 save is there a way to import your choices?

From the game manual:

Importing Saved Games

You can import a saved game from The Witcher® 2: Assassins of Kings.
Doing so will incorporate the choices you made in that saved game into your The Witcher 3 experience.

To import a saved game, click on “Import The Witcher 2 saved game” in the Main Menu under the “New Game” option.
NOTE: This option is only available if there are saves from The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings present in the saved game folder:
%SystemDrive%\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\Witcher 2\gamesaves

Any The Witcher 2 saved games present in that folder can be imported into The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
However, it is highly recommended you use the final autosave from Act 3 of The Witcher 2, as any earlier saves will not incorporate choices made in the latter stages of the game.

Default settings will be applied to any choices not imported.

If no The Witcher 2 saved games are present, a dialogue can be triggered during the Prologue, allowing you to answer questions to simulate an import of your choices from The Witcher 2.

erawsd

Was Yennefer ever mentioned in the earlier games? Of what I've seen they don't really introduce her in W3, so I'm just wondering if there's some story bit from 1 or 2 that I'm forgetting. The way the opening of W3 treats her, it almost seems like I should know her already, but I don't.

Shes mentioned quite often in Witcher 2.

matthieuC

man I wish they would just lock it to 30fps on the X1. I am really worried about the stuttering. Any other technical problem I do not really care about.

Bytes

Was Yennefer ever mentioned in the earlier games? Of what I've seen they don't really introduce her in W3, so I'm just wondering if there's some story bit from 1 or 2 that I'm forgetting. The way the opening of W3 treats her, it almost seems like I should know her already, but I don't.

She is mentioned in part 2 as Geralt recovers his memory about the Wild Hunt.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I haven't played Witcher 2 since launch and I lost my saves. Does Witcher 3 have something similar to that ME2 thing that PS3 players got? Where you can select some important choices from the previous game?

Parsnip

Yes, pretty much all of the games comic-style flashback scenes show her directly or reference her. Some more things are revealed about her in the epilogue.

Oh right, those. Now I remember, and subsequently I remember being similarly confused back then as well. It always felt like they expected me to know her (and Ciri) from the books or something.

Sorian

Banned
From the game manual:

Importing Saved Games

You can import a saved game from The Witcher® 2: Assassins of Kings.
Doing so will incorporate the choices you made in that saved game into your The Witcher 3 experience.

To import a saved game, click on “Import The Witcher 2 saved game” in the Main Menu under the “New Game” option.
NOTE: This option is only available if there are saves from The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings present in the saved game folder:

Any The Witcher 2 saved games present in that folder can be imported into The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
However, it is highly recommended you use the final autosave from Act 3 of The Witcher 2, as any earlier saves will not incorporate choices made in the latter stages of the game.

Default settings will be applied to any choices not imported.
If no The Witcher 2 saved games are present, a dialogue can be triggered during the Prologue, allowing you to answer questions to simulate an import of your choices from The Witcher 2.

Quoting for use later, thanks a lot.

TMC

I haven't played Witcher 2 since launch and I lost my saves. Does Witcher 3 have something similar to that ME2 thing that PS3 players got? Where you can select some important choices from the previous game?

Yup, during the Prologue.

erawsd

Oh right, those. Now I remember, and subsequently I remember being similarly confused back then as well. It always felt like they expected me to know her (and Ciri) from the books or something.

Yeah, I actually played Witcher 2 before reading the books and I really didn't understand any of the Yennefer/Wild Hunt stuff either. Especially since the King of the Wild Hunt from W1 was so different than the one you see in W2.

Bytes

Oddly, my Witcher 2 save games are located in %Steam Folder%\UserData\%SteamID%\20920\remote

I have no save games in that folder you mentioned.

It must be because of Steam Cloud. I wonder if Witcher 3 will find those or if I am going to have to move those manually.

Denton

Well
Letho
isn't rally a spoiler now, since you saw him (at least big part of him) in the Sword of Destiny Trailer.

Right, I completely forgot. And I saw that trailer about 50 times probably.

Fuuuuuck I ended up (Witcher 2 spoiler)
killing him at the end.

You dun fucked it up!
Still time to reload a save and let him go!

More than 1,5 million copies of The Witcher 3 were sold in pre-orders.

http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/1,107...ierowych_na_Wiedzmin_3__Dziki.html#Czolka3Img

That is so fucking cool. I am happy for CDP. I just wish I bought some of their stocks few years ago.

Staf

Got a question, is there gonna be spoilers in this thread or is that in a separate? Because if there is i'm gonna avoid this thread like the plague from now on!

On GOG, the store page says the game unlocks in 6 hours, though in my library it says it's available in 14. So will this unlock at midnight local time or earlier?

Chaos17

Not in Witcher 1 (I'm at chapter 5)
I guess it's because of his amnesia.

SpaceHorror

To anyone who has been playing the game, are there a lot of old ruins and abandoned castles around?

I don't necessarily mean ones that aren't inhabited by monsters or wraiths, but abandoned by humans.

aku:jiki

Yes, pretty much all of the game's comic-style flashback scenes show her directly or reference her. Some more things are revealed about her in the epilogue.

Heres a link to all the flashbacks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imh-aZmWoAQ
She is also mentioned in dialogue outside of those cutscenes. I think Letho makes a joke about how Geralt juggles two girlfriends.

I've only played W2, though, and in that position you have no idea who Yen and Ciri are. They're just names mentioned here and there.

OmegaDL50

I wanted to get surprised, but since I already read here
Letho
is in the game, and instead of getting annoyed I just got even more excited, I am going to watch this :)

See,
Letho
, is the the kind of guy I wish you could spar with or at least do one of those friendly fist fight mini-games with.

Just seeing Geralt and
Letho
have a go at each other with just fists would be kind of cool.

To hell with running into Zdenek again.

You dun fucked it up!
Still time to reload a save and let him go!

Nah, I can't.

(Witcher 2 spoilers)
why did everyone leave him alive? Yeah he may have known you in the past, but he was an agent of chaos for nilfgaard. Unless, I missed something, I just don't understand why people let him go. I guess in my game I saved Triss so I didn't see him do that either, to be fair.

faer0n

To anyone who has been playing the game, are there a lot of old ruins and abandoned castles around?

I don't necessarily mean ones that aren't inhabited by monsters or wraiths, but abandoned by humans.
Yes, i already found some. They were in different states of destruction. One was guarded by a
small dragon thing

Denton

I have no idea about how these numbers relate. it sounds good. Is that good? And further: at all or only on gog or overall? Are retail copies accounted?

As a reference, Bloodborne (I know, single platform) sold 1 million in about 10 days after release.
This sold 1.5 million even before release.

boskee

I have no idea about how these numbers relate. it sounds good. Is that good? And further: at all or only on gog or overall? Are retail copies accounted?

Overall. Last week they announced 1 million copies sold in preorders, which means a whooping 500k units sold in one week. Compare that to 150k units of The Witcher 2 sold in pre-orders.

Staf

Read somewhere that DA:I sold 1.1 million in it's first week according to EA. If that number includes pre-orders, which i think it does, that number is very good for the genre.

Edit: Scratch that, saw that the source for that information was from a unreliable website who shall not be named...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom