• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denton

Nah, I can't.

(Witcher 2 spoilers)
why did everyone leave him alive? Yeah he may have known you in the past, but he was an agent of chaos for nilfgaard. Unless, I missed something, k just don't understand why people let him go. I guess in my game I saved Triss so I didn't see him do that, to be fair.

witcher 2 spoilers:
I let him go because:
- he used to be a friend
- he never intended to frame Geralt
- he took care of Yennefer
- he saved Triss
- he did what he did for decent reasons (and it is not like he could just refuse an emperor anyway)
- he is fucking awesome and I want to meet him again

Number45

Was going to hold off of this as I'm nowhere near finished with Bloodborne, but what the hell I had £55 credit so pre-ordered the season pass version. Hopefully I get more from it than my last two season pass purchases which I've barely touched for one reason or another. :p

Philippo

witcher 2 spoilers:
I let him go because:
- he used to be a friend
- he saved Triss
- he did what he did for decent reasons (and it is not like he could just refuse an emperor anyway)

All of this.

Prine

Banned
Ive started to see adverts on tv here in UK, Geralt even voiced the 'small details' regarding the Xbox price, sped up like a marketing man. Made me lol. "Subject to terms and availability" haha

SpaceHorror

Yes, i already found some. They were in different states of destruction. One was guarded by a
small dragon thing

Awesome, thanks.

Another question to you or anyone else who has played it, though it contains The Witcher 2 spoilers:

At the start of the game can you choose whether or not you spared Letho? I did in my Witcher 2 playthrough, but that was on PC and I'm playing Wild Hunt on PS4.

Chariot

As a reference, Bloodborne (I know, single platform) sold 1 million in about 10 days after release.
This sold 1.5 million even before release.
Mhm, yes, while it is a high profile game, one platform against three is a bit jiffy as comparison.

Overall. Last week they announced 1 million copies sold in preorders, which means a whooping 500k units sold in one week. Compare that to 150k units of The Witcher 2 sold in pre-orders.
Oh, alright, that is very nice. Thank you very much for replying :)

G2A finally delivered my Key.

No way to play it before the next 6 hours, right?
No. It unlocks everywhere on the world at once. So only way is to bite your nails until the clock strikes... whatever the unlock time in your area is.

boskee

Meanwhile at CDPR

9pvjvvf.jpg

https://twitter.com/Clert/status/600345561531871232

I've found that getting surrounded by enemies usually comes down to not moving enough. Lock-on doesn't help with this. You need to start using X (PS4) to do long roll-dodges to make sure you control the crowd. Some of the fights are damn hard! I even encountered a bunch of bandits early-game and they were Level 10 and killed me in 2-3 strikes. They were like mundane bandits near one of the early towns.

If i fight more than one enemy I don't use lock on either.

They were almost always one on one, like they never lock at all lol.

I've seen one guy say "where did the enemy go? shitty camera"

Shouta

So, if I get the physical PC version of the game, can I just install it and play or do I need an account somewhere like the BS that was Dragon Age Inquisition.

witcher 2 spoilers:
I let him go because:
- he used to be a friend
- he saved Triss

Fair enough. I'm going to stand with my decision and live with the consequences of my actions! Since I played through the entire game this past weekend it would feel a bit like cheating to go back and reload lol.

I think it will make the experience even better though to see how different my play through ends up being.

MAX PAYMENT

That launch trailer was terrible. Is there a good trailer I can use to sell my friends on the game?

Edit: sword of destiny is the trailer I needed!

I can't trust anyones opinion on certain types of games after Skyrim so can we get some impressions of this game from someone who thought Skyrim was boring as fuck and witcher 2 and 1 were just "pretty good at best".

Much appreciated :p

Dead serious though.

So, if I get the physical PC version of the game, can I just install it and play or do I need an account somewhere like the BS that was Dragon Age Inquisition.

You'll need an initial activation patch that doesn't require registration with a service. However, subsequent updates and free DLC do require registering the key with GOG. But if you're fine just playing V 1.01, the activation patch will get you up and running and you won't need to be logged into an Origin-like service.

Language packs are available now on GOG for those that want other than English. (being made available as we speak, only German, French and Polish so far).

Chariot

Since CDPR like their DRM free stuff I assume that you can just install it. You just need to download a little patch to activate it if I didn't understand that wrong (as protection against playing the game early).

Incredible!
I wonder if Obama actually played the game at some point. And would he choose Ioverth or Roche?

aku:jiki

witcher 2 spoilers:
I let him go because:
- he used to be a friend
- he saved Triss
You forgot the most important reason!

Geralt really doesn't care about political games, regional loyalties, who happens to sit on what throne or whatever else. He kills if the money's good enough, if he has to or if it's personal. He really had no reason to kill Letho at all.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but... do any of the decisions you make in Witcher 2 impact big things in Witcher 3? Do returning characters play roles if they were kept alive in W2? I'm currently playing through W2 for the first time now.

Shouta

You'll need an initial activation patch that doesn't require registration with a service. However, subsequent updates and free DLC do require registering the key with GOG. But if you're fine just playing V 1.01, the activation patch will get you up and running and you won't need to be logged into an Origin-like service.

Excellent. I wanted to get the physical PC version so I can actually let my brother play it on his setup after I got done. He wanted to play Inquisition but the Origin stuff made it too much of a pain in the ass so he decided he wouldn't use the discs, lol

Now the question is to I order from Amazon or do I go to Gamestop to get a new copy...

SpaceHorror

Since CDPR like their DRM free stuff I assume that you can just install it. You just need to download a little patch to activate it if I didn't understand that wrong (as protection against playing the game early).

Incredible!
I wonder if Obama actually played the game at some point. And would he choose Ioverth or Roche?

As someone who voted for the man I'd consider choosing Ioverth over Broche grounds for impeachment.

JigglesBunny said:
I'm not a big RPG guy.
The combat looks pretty subpar.
I've never played a Witcher game before.
I doubt I'll ever get 100% completion.

But GAF, I think I want to buy this. What's wrong with me?

Update: Preordered on PS4. I'm hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom