• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if I get the physical PC version of the game, can I just install it and play or do I need an account somewhere like the BS that was Dragon Age Inquisition.

Launch copies have ZDPP. I don't know if you need to register at GOG to download unlock patch or not, but you'll need it to download it somehow.

Contains spoilers about returning characters!

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Launch Trailer ("Go Your Way"); https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBoCRYX6Vq0

Beautiful, a few more hours

EcA7Wsy.gif

Nah, I can't.

(Witcher 2 spoilers)
why did everyone leave him alive? Yeah he may have known you in the past, but he was an agent of chaos for nilfgaard. Unless, I missed something, I just don't understand why people let him go. I guess in my game I saved Triss so I didn't see him do that either, to be fair.
I'll pretty much paraphrase that other reply but basically:
- killing him was meaningless. Sure, the guy killed Foltest. So what? Foltest was a gigantic cunt with a lot of blood on his hands. It's not like he was my best friend. The only good reason to kill him would have been to clear Geralt's name but that was already done by that point. Also, I didn't feel very judgmental of Kingslayers after letting Roche have his way with that other cunt king.
- he helped Yennefer.
- he was a Witcher bro and insisted we weren't enemies.
- his particular School knows a lot about the Wild Hunt. I'd rather have them as allies. All three of them.
- I'm done caring about politics. I'm a very short sighted guy: I help bros and kids because it sounds right but at the end of the day, every kingdom will fuck people. I can't say I'll miss these Northern Kingdoms and then aggressively segregationist policies.
- rule of thumb: as long as someone isn't a particularly annoying cunt like Loredo or that king, I don't go out of my way to kill them. I'd rather they owe me.

Same reasons I saved Sile.

Edit: that other king I mention is Henselt.

Chariot

I'm sure this has been asked before, but... do any of the decisions you make in Witcher 2 impact big things in Witcher 3? Do returning characters play roles if they were kept alive in W2? I'm currently playing through W2 for the first time now.
After finishing the game yesterday; there is no way your decisions make no or even little impact in the world. Some decisions are pretty big. It remains fo course to be seen how big it will actually be, but I trust that i will be more than a side note.

arevin01

I wonder how they were able to sell so many preorders. I haven't seen much TV advertisement but lots of coverage on online sites instead.

After finishing the game yesterday; there is no way your decisions make no or even little impact in the world. Some decisions are pretty big. It remains fo course to be seen how big it will actually be, but I trust that i will be more than a side note.

Ah gotcha. Interesting, thanks. :)

ebevan91

So... will Philippa still have her eyes if you went with Roche? I don't remember her losing her eyes (much less even appearing a whole lot) in Roche's path.

Newman96

Need help, anyone completed the Jenny O' The Woods contract?
My attacks with the silver sword do nothing, I'm appropriate level and everything

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Got the game today, installed from disc, updated to 1.02, went through the set up, clicked new game, watched the cut scene showing them tracking the girl, then the loading screen, where the text keeps rotating through different sayings, game doesn't do anything from there, just sits there.

Deleted and reinstalled, left out update, exactly the same?

Something I'm missing?
Same here, why has no-one answered you? Surely you and me can't be the only ones.
I'm unable to skip the cut-scenes at the beginning too.
This is not a good start CDP.

Bytes

I tried to launch the game from Steam just for fun (knowing it wouldn't work) and strangely a Terms of Agreement popped up. When I clicked Agree, though, it gave me the same "content still encrypted" message as usual.

robo

Same here, why has no-one answered you? Surely you and me can't be the only ones.
I'm unable to skip the cut-scenes at the beginning too.
This is not a good start CDP.

Just wondering if it's because I have set my sons ps4 as my master, so he gets my goodies fir other games, meaning mine is my secondary and it won't load on mine?

MrS

Banned
Awesome of the devs/publisher to
include that thank you note for buying the game. Never seen that done before with a console game. I like these guys

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Just wondering if it's because I have set my sons ps4 as my master, so he gets my goodies fir other games, meaning mine is my secondary and it won't load on mine?
Mines a master account so it can't be that, the unskipable cut-scene are doing it no favours either.

aku:jiki

Okay, that trailer pushed me over the edge. That bro shake with
Roche
made me smile like I was meeting an actual old friend again. I was going to hold off and get this later on when it's patched and maybe even the Enhanced Edition is out, but now I want to join the hype and bro out with my homies from Witcher 2.

Where's the best current deal for PC? Steam version, not GOG.

Fine. But my question still stands, even for just TW2.
She was not present in Roche's path at all. Just mentioned by others.

levyjl1988

Banned
There's three steel books to collect...

The first one with Ciri and Geralt on the covers (red) comes with the CE.

The second one with the Wild Hunt and Geralt on the cover (blue) is exclusive to Best Buy with the purchase of the Witcher 3.

Where can one acquire the third? the one with Triss and Yennifer.
What retailer has it? I know one can eBay it, but which retailer offers it in Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom