• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

I've found out where you can buy a respec potion. It's in Norvgrad. It's a shop near the Northern Notice Board North of the Notice Board in Hierarch Square. 1000 coins.

I'm on this part as well, got a 50inch and sitting like 10-15ft away. I think the bandits on horseback were keeping him hostage so I killed them. I thought I got a key off of them, but guess I saw wrong :-(, unless it's a glitch.

i hope this game has a big text mode by the time i buy it

OK so I'm stuck on "Wild at Heart"

I've looked at the body's remains, the wolf, the tracks, and the ones leading up the tree. Can't find anything else. This is driving me crazy.

I'm on this part as well, got a 50inch and sitting like 10-15ft away. I think the bandits on horseback were keeping him hostage so I killed them. I thought I got a key off of them, but guess I saw wrong :-(, unless it's a glitch.

I've done a similar one and it was in a chest. However, I looked in every chest around the area and nothing. I would have double checked the bandits that I killed but I did that a long time ago and I'm just now coming back and they're gone. Ah well...what can ya do.

viveks86

witcher32015-05-2223-03-01.png

obin_gam

Regular merchants. Don't sell all your trophies though, they're valuable as equipment. Plus that Griffin head looks badass on Roach's hip.

Yeah the Griffin head isn't going anywhere ;) The noonwraith though, it's just a burlap sack so I have no use for that.

Can you brew and craft with the trophies?

Geralt's beard is disappointing. It stops growing way too early, was hoping I'd be able to get to at least semi-bushy state.

But then by the time you got to
Vezima
it wouldn't look distinguished at all. Just shaggy and unwashed.

Yeah the Griffin head isn't going anywhere ;) The noonwraith though, it's just a burlap sack so I have no use for that.

Can you brew and craft with the trophies?

Not so far as I know. "Monster specific" brewing is restricted to decoctions, which rely primarily on unique mutagens.

Man what the Fuck. I fell into a shallow puddle and now I can't get out. when I try climbing, it says "cannot do that". Game breaking bug.

Edit: right when i posted this, I got out. Huzzah

I just remembered the exchange with the Bloody Baron where he explains everything and he mentions
killing his wife's lover after he discovers their relationship and Geralt says, "So that's why they call you the Bloody Baron."

Baron says, "What?"

"Your name, it makes sense."

"Ohhh, no. That's a completely different story"

That character was entirely too good for what was necessary.

fastmower

I just remembered the exchange with the Bloody Baron where he explains everything and he mentions
killing his wife's lover after he discovers their relationship and Geralt says, "So that's why they call you the Bloody Baron."

Baron says, "What?"

"Your name, it makes sense."

"Ohhh, no. That's a completely different story"

That character was entirely too good for what was necessary.

The Baron is a funny guy. Great character.

I was very sad to see him go...

But then by the time you got to
Vezima
it wouldn't look distinguished at all. Just shaggy and unwashed.

Not so far as I know. "Monster specific" brewing is restricted to decoctions, which rely primarily on unique mutagens.

so i guess between Witcher 2 and 3 Vizima becomes unfucked?

Some things I appreciate in this game:
1) I like that the game map isn't fogged up. I hate how in other games the map is slowly revealed as you explore it, it's irritating because I then feel compelled to walk around for no purpose other than to have a complete map.
2) No helmets, helmets are stupid. Thank you cdpr for not including stupid helmets for geralt.

justjim89

I just finished the tower of rats quest... man... that was fucked.

Ok, I should've expected something was up when Annabelle contradicted herself, but the poor thing was eaten alive by rats! Was I so wrong in believing love would lift the curse? Now an innocent man in dead and a plague infected wraith is loose. Damn it all.

Weird issue: I picked up a contract about Missing Soldiers from the village Graham is in, but the quest didn't trigger. It's not in my quest log, but the contract is in my inventory.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Out of curiosity, did anyone who is playing Witcher 3 as either their first Witcher game, or didn't import a save, get a quest from the book merchant in Novigrad?

I ask because what you get from that quest is very very specific to the Witcher 1 and I'm wondering if I got it because I imported a save from W1 -> W2 -> W3, or if everyone gets it and it just means nothing to people who didn't play W1.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
So in the
sisters
quest. I made an
evil horsie
. Is that the better choice? I kept an extra save point just in case.

Corpekata

Banned
Is it just me or do all the women look like Skyrim mods and all the men look like they're from Shrek?

Yeah. Especially hilarious is
Kiera, a sorceress trying to hide out as a local soothsayer woman and not draw attention that loves to show off her goods to the local peasantry apparently. Not gonna blend in that well that way.

Shy

I just finished the tower of rats quest... man... that was fucked.

Ok, I should've expected something was up when Annabelle contradicted herself, but the poor thing was eaten alive by rats! Was I so wrong in believing love would lift the curse? Now an innocent man in dead and a plague infected wraith is loose. Damn it all.
You can get a different outcome to that quest.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I like that many quests are not invisible until trigger them, but active in the game world and can be triggered in a different order. Like bumping into
Lambert mid fight with an Ekimma
instead of getting the quest yourself manually. It just picks up logically and goes from there.

aku:jiki

Is it just me or do all the women look like Skyrim mods and all the men look like they're from Shrek?
Velen has some ugly-ass men, yeah.

I chuckled when I met Graham, Annabelle's lover. Dude looks like a pile of playdoh with a neckbeard.

They are patching it so the card from the first inn isn't missable.

Are there other missable cards?
I don't know if it's a glitch or even if the card is unique, but the blacksmith in Blackbough (or something?) refuses to talk to me after the werewolf quest and he had a card you could win. That kinda bummed me out, even though I had already won the card. I hope that doesn't happen with other gwent players before I can beat them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom