• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basketball

There is merchant that sells a few masks that Geralt can wear in Norvigrad South east near the bridges , Brick building/ painting area

misho8723

Banned
I like the little details, like when after some time in Velen if you go back to WO, time and events there have passed, so for example the blacksmiths house is build again :)

dcelw540

Currently 10 hours in just got to the second new area and did a few unknown locations and man i just don't feel the love for this game. It's pretty too look at and the voice over is good but the combat kinda sucks for me. It never feels tight or engaging. Crafting im still learning so no judgment there. The load times are long as hell on ps4. 20-30 second load times are a bit to long. The exploration once again is pretty but the world hasn't blown me away yet. Its an alright experience so far. Im liking it and will finish it but so far dragon age is better to me.

I need some help with a few map locations.

Can anyone tell me how to get here?

http://i.imgur.com/ptMNjKW.jpg

-----

I have no idea what to do here. I used the magic lamp and see the ghost, but there's nothing else to do as far as I can tell.

http://i.imgur.com/C5iyDZJ.jpg

-----

Cleared out the bandits and looted everything but it still shows the icon highlighted. I guess it's bugged?

http://i.imgur.com/gPVkSBx.jpg

-----

Another one I think is bugged. I've been here yet the question mark doesn't go away.

http://i.imgur.com/7sNMPzy.jpg

Bumping this in hopes of some clarity.

dedhead54

I cannot get over how much I love this game. Definitely will end up being my GOTY and is on track to be one of my all-time favorites. 25 hours in and level 10 and I feel like I am just getting started. Haven't even left Velen yet. Unbelievable experience so far.

I finally found the scavenger map for the griffin armor, which I kept hearing about but had no idea how to get. Hope it looks better than the hideous armor I have been using.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the Bloody Baron questline?

Only thing I can see now is:
Search the remaining clues and find the Baron's wife.

But nothing on my map when I track it.

Zomba13

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the Bloody Baron questline?

Only thing I can see now is:
Search the remaining clues and find the Baron's wife.

But nothing on my map when I track it.

That confused me too. It means go do the witch quest-line.

The music in this game is amazing, I'm having a blast just running around the wild and listening to it. The only other game that managed to do this is xenoblade.

yami4ct

They are patching it so the leader card from the first inn isn't missable.

That's great news. I'm on PC, so I just Cheat Engined my way out of that bind, but it was a really annoying thing to miss. I get consequences and all, but that early in the game I found it difficult to get enough cash to grab those cards so I put it off. Then I hit the point of no return for them suddenly without even knowing it.

Glad I cheated to get it as that Foltest is one of the best early game gwent leaders, at least for me. Would not got nearly as far without it. I've been way too addicted to gwent in this game.

-Deimos

You can get a different outcome to that quest.

I knew that she would
attack the dude but I thought the quest would give me a chance to save him.
I was going to go back to when you make the choice but I accidentally overwrote the save.
RIP fisherman dude.

Khezu

I was really reserved because of my dislike for the combat of W2, but man I'm I glad I bought this, 30 hours in and it's probably one of my favorite games I have played in a long ass time.

Finally beat Stjepen. Took about 10 attempts. Went 2-0 against him, dude must have been super unlucky because he went into the second round 11 cards to my 6 and gave up after I ran out when he still had 3 cards. Ended up 41-40, must have ran out of units lmao

I'll take it

Got my waifu Yen's card too

bombshell

Where did they say that? And I'm not sure. I thought it was just the cards the innkeeper sold in the first town.

It's only the leader card that is unique to her. A CDPR dev replied to the thread here acknowledging the issue: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/37276-MISSING-ELSA-White-Orchard-Innerkeper?p=1685259

Elsa moves to Novigrad, but she won't sell gwent cards anymore. We are already working on adding a replacement for her in White Orchard.

Exentryk

Enjoying this game a lot more now that I can switch between Signs by just swiping on the DS4's touchpad. Also, right press on touchpad opens the map, while left press quick saves.

Have the game perfectly set up now :D

Ok so I think I encountered a bug that made me skip a fair bit can someone fill me in on what I missed? Was at start of Baron section.

So I went to the bloody Baron and started the quest to find his family. Was on my way to see the pellar I believe but got killed en route. Then I reloaded my save and this quest was no longer an option, instead I was looking for a witch and then running through caves following the wild hunt.

It feels like the game skipped a whole lot of story content and I'm a bit lost as to how it all got to this.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know how many side quests there is that require you to win at Gwent in order to open up the quest? Also, is Gwent required at any time in the main story? Thanks.

yami4ct

Enjoying this game a lot more now that I can switch between Signs by just swiping on the DS4's touchpad. Also, right press on touchpad opens the map, while left press quick saves.

How did you do that? I desperately want to at least set the map to the touchpad press. I really need a quick open for that.

O.DOGG

I think the DLC armor is the best-looking armor I've found so far (level 16). Too bad it got outclassed by the armor I'm finding now. Currently using the Feline armor which looks alright i guess. I hope its upgraded version looks even better, though.

JambiBum

So has anyone else done the of and darkness sidequest? You get it from the merchant that sells the respec potion in Novigrad.

If you have,
did you hit the switch at the top of the ruins at the end of the quest? If so, do you know what it does besides make the sky black?

Exentryk

How did you do that? I desperately want to at least set the map to the touchpad press. I really need a quick open for that.

Using DS4Windows, map the "M" button to right touchpad press. See this image below, and make sure to have scan-code ticked.

zStafvr.jpg

aku:jiki

It's only the leader card that is unique to her. A CDPR dev replied to the thread here acknowledging the issue: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/37276-MISSING-ELSA-White-Orchard-Innerkeper?p=1685259
I've never seen a vendor restock cards like they can restock everything else, so technically every card is unique, even the crappy commons... I believe I picked up some soldiers with the "bond" ability from her and those cards win many matches for me. I'd fill an entire deck with them if I could; those and the Commander's Horn card, which is also common.

yami4ct

Using DS4Windows, map the "M" button to right touchpad press. See this image below, and make sure to have scan-code ticked.

I thought that'd be it. I really need to dig deeper into that app. Thanks! I'll totally do that tomorrow. The two presses to open the map seemed trivial at first, but it took just long enough to sort of drive me insane.

bodine1231

Does anyone know how many side quests there is that require you to win at Gwent in order to open up the quest? Also, is Gwent required at any time in the main story? Thanks.

I hope Gwent doesn't unlock any high level armor or weapons. While its a pretty good card game I just don't feel like peeling myself away from questing to do it.

Heel

So, I sold one of my starting Witcher swords. Is that okay, or will I need it later for crafting something? From the Kotaku guide...

Keep Your Witcher Gear Around

Speaking of that, even if you find a better piece of equipment than the custom Witcher gear you’re carrying, don’t get rid of the Witcher stuff. You’ll need that gear as a component for the higher-level upgraded versions you can craft down the road. (Note: Don’t sweat the stuff you start out with. You might as well hang on to the armor, but you’ll craft better Witcher swords once you do the first “Griffon” treasure hunt.)

Is the "Griffon treasure hunt" not related to
killing the Griffon
early in the game? I don't remember getting a sword...

grimmiq

Ok so I think I encountered a bug that made me skip a fair bit can someone fill me in on what I missed? Was at start of Baron section.

So I went to the bloody Baron and started the quest to find his family. Was on my way to see the pellar I believe but got killed en route. Then I reloaded my save and this quest was no longer an option, instead I was looking for a witch and then running through caves following the wild hunt.

It feels like the game skipped a whole lot of story content and I'm a bit lost as to how it all got to this.
The Pellar quest is gone from your quest log? The story branches off a little bit after meeting the Baron, need to do the Witch and the Pellar to continue the main story.

bombshell

I don't think it skipped anything.

Are you sure you didn't just reload a save from before you visited the baron. Visiting the baron and visiting the witch are 2 separate quests that you get at the same time and can play in any order.

He's probably on PC. Are you on PS4? These are the touchpad shortcuts on PS4:

Swipe up or down: open map.
Hold down: open inventory.
Quick click: open/close menu.

erawsd

Holyshit.. <3 you mucho, this is exactly what I've been wanting. I tried doing this on day one but it would not work for me. I'll give the "scan code" thing a shot.

I was a tad disappointed by Oxenfurt. A really beautiful looking town, but didn't seem to be much to do there. There are more interactive NPCs in most of the tiny towns...(maybe I just came at the wrong time, and need to come back later for sidequests).

Corpekata

Banned
So, I sold one of my starting Witcher swords. Is that okay, or will I need it later for crafting something? From the Kotaku guide...

killing the Griffon

Griffon is one of the Witcher schools so has gear related to that specific school (each school has different specialties). Not related to the monster.

Vaporak

Can anyone explain to me how Yrden works( the trap sign). I got the skill that upgrades it saying that "number of alternate mode charges: 2", what does that mean? Apparently it doesn't mean you can have two of them down, does it double the duration or something?

yami4ct

He's probably on PC. Are you on PS4? These are the touchpad shortcuts on PS4:

Swipe up or down: open map.
Hold down: open inventory.
Quick click: open/close menu.

I'm on PC using a DS4. I just missed the ability to set it up because I've never really dug into the settings of DS4Windows. The map shortcut is the thing I desperately needed th most.

killing the Griffon

Hmm I accidentally sold those a while back because there's no storage and selling everything is hard without getting on what you want to keep.

I've ran into a ton of more powerful swords, so I don't really think you needed to keep them.

Corpekata

Banned
Can anyone explain to me how Yrden works( the trap sign). I got the skill that upgrades it saying that "number of alternate mode charges: 2", what does that mean? Apparently it doesn't mean you can have two of them down, does it double the duration or something?

Later in the magic tree you get alternate fire methods (like changing Igni from, a quick fire shot to a channelled attack). So that talent won't get much use until you can get the Alt fire of Yrden (generally in the second tier).

Karak

I was a tad disappointed by Oxenfurt. A really beautiful looking town, but didn't seem to be much to do there. There are more interactive NPCs in most of the tiny towns...(maybe I just came at the wrong time, and need to come back later for sidequests).

100% agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom