• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this game. It is so goddamn amazing. The world, the atmosphere, the music! AHHHH! I want to play this forever. The only issue I have is the fucking fall damage. Jesus, I just stepped off a ledge that was not remotely high up and died, losing the last 15-20 minutes of gameplay.

Sorry if it's been mentioned already, but here's a nice tip that I just recently figured out: swiping up on the touchpad brings up your map immediately. Saves yourself a two-step process of clicking it in and going in the menu.

Swiping up on touchpad opens map. Pressing once opens the menu. Pressing and holding opens inventory.

Swiping up on touchpad opens map. Pressing once opens the menu. Pressing and holding opens inventory.

I really love that the touchpad is being utilized in such a convenient way

They probably could have mapped a lot more to the touchpad too: press left for quicksave, for one. I hope they actually consider adding more touchpad stuff.

JustinBB7

I found a merchant that I saved from bandits, gave me the 70 capacity bags. After you save him he's in Claywich, you can save him to the right of Claywich on an bigger island connected to it.

Kurdel

Banned
Game crashed after first Gwent game, after haning up mat the first loading screen.So far I am not too impressed by the graphics, but the lighting is great.

Steel is for humans, Silver for Monsters. The game should automatically pull out the appropriate sword in a combat situation.

I a wild a dog a monster?

Sorry for all the dumb questions - any advice for dealing with large groups (5+)?

Ive been playing on easy but it was too easy so I bumped it up to normal. Getting killed pretty fast when swarmed.

Chinner

Banned
How this game has this much content, and this many quests, is just unbelievable. I'm floored. What the fuck CDPR.

According to this game I've played this for 3 days, and it barely feels like I've scratched the surface of it.

I hope anyway.

better than mass effect 3 also

Khronico

So how are you guys playing the game? I was doing the main quest around Velen and any side stuff I happened to run into, but when I tried to go to some question marks a lot of them were just way too high level for me. Notice boards are the best place to start side quests right?

Generally I'll just run around and hit as many question marks as I can for loot and do quests when I see em. I'm lvl 14 now and I think I've gotten about 50% of the Velen/Novigrad map cleared so far, nearing the point where I've done all the main quests in the area and have to move to Skellige.

As an aside, I've been running with the increased gold for items mod for ~2 hours and I don't think I like it, it kinda breaks the game balance. There's very little incentive aside from XP to explore or do quests since everything is worth so much.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The slow mo kills don't happen anywhere near enough, they're so awesome.

aliengmr

Does that quest with the guy who challenges you to a duel over Maid Millberry go on as long as you want it to?
I wanted to keep him alive to see how long it could go and because I didn't think he deserved death for being foolish, but he challenged me in Novigrad with two friends and Geralt brutally decapitated him at the end of the battle.
I guess that quest is over for me.

I was curious about that too.
I faced him three times but on the 3rd and final time a city guard ended up killing him. I don't know if Geralt killing him makes a difference though.

Evidently it doesn't matter though. Guy was stupid though.

Game crashed after first Gwent game, after haning up mat the first loading screen.So far I am not too impressed by the graphics, but the lighting is great.

I a wild a dog a monster?

pretty sure steal for that. Quick tip

Red life bar = Steel
Silver life bar = silver

Sorry for all the dumb questions - any advice for dealing with large groups (5+)?

Ive been playing on easy but it was too easy so I bumped it up to normal. Getting killed pretty fast when swarmed.
Don't roll, dodge. Use your signs liberally. Depending on the mob, for me that means Quen or Igni. Attack when you can, but don't rush in.

I'm very impressed with the game. When I manage to get invested in a game's story and exploration of its world, it's a great achievement. Hats off to CDPR, this is one hell of a game.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
w129sq7.jpg

yes i got rid of your stupid shit again

no

no problem at all

cslesce

The DLC is free to download. The saddlebags are purchased from the merchant you saved at the beginning of the game. He's in White Orchard. I think the cost ~230 coins maybe, or ~180, can't remember.

i have it, but it doesn't expand from 60 to 90? doing something wrong?

Moozo

Is the horse deaf? Failed that quest with the crashed cart because it didn't give a fuck that I was stood there whistling and the guy ran off.

Mista

Banned
75 hours in, level 25. Loving this! I dont want to finish as im enjoying exploring and side-questing

I played the 2nd one. I use magic and as soon as my Quen is out I retreat to get a new one. But, and I guess so it goes after playing a lot of Bloodborne, there seems to be less control over how you swing, and how to time your attacks.

Be sure to use the Tawny Owl. It accelerates the stamina regeneration for 30 seconds
Which means you'll be able cast more spell and faster

Chariot

Is the horse deaf? Failed that quest with the crashed cart because it didn't give a fuck that I was stood there whistling and the guy ran off.
Roach is an idiot. Sometimes he prefers to stay at a water trough or content with starring at me when I call him. Stupid horse.

What's up with the A Matter of Life and Death quest?
I'm already dressed in my fancy gear and I bought the mask but the mission icon won't leave the tailor

Enosh

yes i got rid of your stupid shit again

no

no problem at all
man those boss wraith that you need to trap are the fucking worst by far

1. no one upgrades that stupid trap spell, no one!* don't even know if the upgrades would help...
2. can only really hurt it while it's in that small circle, but fuckers hurt like hell even on normal, like 1/3rd of my HP hurt
3. stupid thing splits and heals! so an already drawn out fight is even longer leading to more fuck ups

I'm charging extra for spirits from now on...

*I'm sure some do and I'll probably read in like a month how it's the most OP spell in gaming history

edit: idk guy below put it in spoilers, didn't think it's a spoiler since it's just a monster type that is stated in the quest anyway, will do it anyway just in case

Chariot

man those boss wraith that you need to trap are the fucking worst by far

1. no one upgrades that stupid trap spell, no one!* don't even know if the upgrades would help...
2. can only really hurt it while it's in that small circle, but fuckers hurt like hell even on normal, like 1/3rd of my HP hurt
3. stupid thing splits and heals! so an already drawn out fight is even longer leading to more fuck ups

I'm charging extra for spirits from now on...

*I'm sure some do and I'll probably read in like a month how it's the most OP spell in gaming history
Summon Yrden, run through and bring it between you and the wraith and then wait for the wraith to come to you and attack it when it's in the circle. The circle is a bit bigger thant it looks, so it's finde to have the wraith on the edge. You can't brust it down, just stay patient and dance around your circle.

Animator

Guys I need help with the Barons Family Matters quest.
I found the daughter so now the only quest available is "follow the clues to find out what happened to Baron's wife" but there is no marker on the map for the quest and I have no idea where the hell to go. Any ideas?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
"Do you really have an imp problem or is that just an imp-erfection in the notice"

Geralt pls

I found the daughter so now the only quest available is "follow the clues to find out what happened to Baron's wife" but there is no marker on the map for the quest and I have no idea where the hell to go. Any ideas?

Do the quest "Ladies in the Woods"

Chariot

Don't worry and do something else, you will run into it again eventually.

Torraz

Really enjoying the game. It has been a while since I have been so gripped by a game. Finally managed to equal my Level to the Story ones...

After investing all my points in the sign tree (better axii, mindcontrol axii, flamethrower igni and exploding quen), in addition to the substitute adrenaline to cast signs, I am thinking that I should branch to the melee combat tree. The lower part of the signs tree doesn't seem that interesting. The mind control axii is quite overpowered. If you spam it fast enough you can mind control 2-3 at the same time, even without the lower tier upgrade.

Do you guys find fast or strong attacks to be more efficient? Not quite sure what to upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom