• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
about as much as your avatar, let me find a pic

edit: here (without hairworks)

beardrxslv.png
I am disappoint.

Is there no way to turn off those map question marks? I tried everything that I thought would remove them but no luck. Wish they had some sort of system where you could "paint in" where you explored

Edit: This is on ps4

Chariot

Is there no way to turn off those map question marks? I tried everything that I thought would remove them but no luck. Wish they had some sort of system where you could "paint in" where you explored

I don't know, doesn't the consoles have the options to disable markings of "undiscovered POIs"? This is what the option is called on PC.
Went to Novigrad for the first time.

Mother of god...
It's like a game in itself. You don't even have to do anything, but walk. So many events you can just randomly walk in.

So since very early on I've had these schematics for a Viper Steel Sword and Viper Silver Sword, I have the materials I need to make them but I cannot find a smith who can craft them. It seems from the crafting menu that only an amateur blacksmith is needed to make them but I just don't get the option to craft it.

Number45

So I looted everything that wasn't nailed down in the palace. Once I've read it all is it OK to sell? Can I dismantle books/notes and if so do you get worthwhile ingredients from dismantling them?

red markers are triangles and mean up or down for the point/quest/enemy depending on which way they face

needed a bit to figure that one out myself too ^^

unless you mean some other red marker
Nope, you're right. Noticed it as I was playing today - found a point of interest and some herbs around a place of power and I couldn't see them so realised they were subterranean.

Sorry for all the dumb questions - any advice for dealing with large groups (5+)?

Ive been playing on easy but it was too easy so I bumped it up to normal. Getting killed pretty fast when swarmed.
If you can get them all in front if you , Igni seems to do a good chunk of damage and has a chance of burning. Got the "kill 5 people in less than 10 characters" trophy using that on bandits in the tavern.

I want a Gwent patch to fix the crashing on PS4!
The tutorial game crashed with 100% reliability for me when I tried it with the scholar in the tavern (first chance you get to play when following the main quest), but I ran through it earlier with the guy in the palace and it completed fine (it's not strictly the tutorial, it's a proper game, but it goes over the rules).

Is the horse deaf? Failed that quest with the crashed cart because it didn't give a fuck that I was stood there whistling and the guy ran off.
Heh. First time I did that quest I was dead before the event had loaded. I think a pack of wolves came by. :(

maybe i haven't hehe...will check tomorrow.

for anyone who is in doubt to SIMULATE WITCHERS 2 SAVES or NOT on PS4.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/Importing_Save_Files/#Unlocking_Letho_and_Sile

enjoy.
I chose not to, should I assume those characters are in my game?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
*while inspecting shit*

"Looks like the imp dropped some loot.

*while inspecting prints*

"Paw prints end here, boot prints start here. Could it be the puss in boots?"

Geralt will be at the local Novigrad comedy club tonight, folks. Be sure to be there!

Cob32

Any reason why this game is published by wb games in na and namco in europe, what do they get out of the partnership?

I think they are just a physical version distribution partner. Not sure how the payment works on this sort of thing though (one off payment or a percentage of sales or whatever).

Auctopus

I've been thoroughly enjoying the dialogue and VA right up until
the stone troll
under Reuven's bath house.

I cannot stand when VA and dialogue for creatures is just unbearable to listen to eg. Gollum & Jar Jar Binks.

Khronico

Anyone have low volume issues with the PC version (I have GOG version specifically)? It seems really quiet compared to every other program, I have to jack up my volume to hear things properly.

Pastry

Banned
So since very early on I've had these schematics for a Viper Steel Sword and Viper Silver Sword, I have the materials I need to make them but I cannot find a smith who can craft them. It seems from the crafting menu that only an amateur blacksmith is needed to make them but I just don't get the option to craft it.

Go to that Nilfgardian camp in White Orchard near the swamp, the guy there can do it.

iNvid02

being cooped up within the walls of novigrad for the story quests felt so claustrophobic, riding out of there and exploring the world again felt liberating in a weird way, its definitely where this game's strengths lie.

Anyone have low volume issues with the PC version (I have GOG version specifically)? It seems really quiet compared to every other program, I have to jack up my volume to hear things properly.

Yes, I noticed this too. I turn my headphones up probably double normal levels when playing the game.

Furyous

I found a merchant that I saved from bandits, gave me the 70 capacity bags. After you save him he's in Claywich, you can save him to the right of Claywich on an bigger island connected to it.

Where did you find this merchant?

I'm finally ready to stop grinding orens and start doing some side quests in Velen. Being under leveled isn't that bad considering the game is more focused on skill. As long as I parry, counterattack, and sidestep then I'll be fine.

What was the strategy someone mentioned awhile back about playing like Pein from Naruto? I want to try this.

Chariot

Don't think so from what I've seen. Seems odd if they left it out of consoles
Really sad and an oversight. It's way more fun to walk surprisingly into something than just walk from one marked "hidden" thing to another. Console gamers should have the pleasure of surprise too.

Dresden

I really like this alchemy build

difficulty really does plunge off a cliff after level 15 or so though

the option is labeled as 'poi on minimap' or something like that

phaze

Anybody else have big issues with swimming. I just can't quite get it to work.

Don't understand all the complaints about it as it seems pretty straightforward to me.

Glad I decided to remap the dodge to the right mouse click button. Hitting the alt+awsd was hella awkward. Been enjoying the combat more since then.

Also I said it after some gameplay where she showed up but they ruined Keira, imagined her quite a bit different from the books.

mileS

I really like this alchemy build

difficulty really does plunge off a cliff after level 15 or so though

what are you running with? seems like almost everyone doesn't even have a point in that tree. TBH I haven't gave it a good look yet because I didn't enjoy it much in the last game. That and the Sign tree is just incredible this time around. Always curious about new builds though.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
About 4 hours or so in now. Really enjoying it so far, and it looks great. The only small thing is it's funny how much the trees bend in the wind. You'd swear it was a tropical storm all the time.

Can you reset your abilities?

ColEx

I've done all the battles up until Nov and I've only crashed once passing *shrug* I'm obviously just lucky there. It's very widespread but I'm sure the patch soon will fix it.

Only seems to happen when i'm the first to pass, happened a few times now.

Number45

Don't understand all the complaints about it as it seems pretty straightforward to me.
The only quirk I've noticed is that the direction you're pointing seems to have a bearing on your depth, when it should just be controlling left/right if you have buttons dedicated for dive/surface.

No problems with it though, although I haven't done that much of it yet.

phaze

About 4 hours or so in now. Really enjoying it so far, and it looks great. The only small thing is it's funny how much the trees bend in the wind. You'd swear it was a tropical storm all the time.

Can you reset your abilities?

Yes, there is a potion than you can acquire at some point.

So I'm running around Velen exploring and doing quests here and there and that poor griffin head is still saddled to my horse. Do I need it for a quest later or...?

diamount

Banned
1 map? white orchad?

No, that is in Velen. If you have the free dlc installed then you get saddlebags from the merchant you saved at the beginning.

So I'm running around Velen exploring and doing quests here and there and that poor griffin head is still saddled to my horse. Do I need it for a quest later or...?

In the tool tip it says it can be given in for a reward, not sure if that means just selling it to a vendor or if there are actual special quests.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!

You can equip other trophies in that slot for various advantages in battle. I sold it to a merchant shortly after finishing that quest.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

No. It's a trophy. You "equip" trophies, and each has a certain bonus. I think the Griffon head is 10% chance of dismemberment. Equipped trophies appear on your horse. You'll collect a number of them.

Braag

It's a trophy you can take off or on in the inventory. They give some buffs.
TW2 had a similar system except he kept the trophies on his hook on him.
Now it's saddled on a horse apparently.

Number45

No. It's a trophy. You "equip" trophies, and each has a certain bonus. I think the Griffon head is 10% chance of dismemberment. Equipped trophies appear on your horse. You'll collect a number of them.
I think the comment was referring to whether you can reset your stats later in the game.

Dresden

Does this mean it gets easier or harder?

it gets easier as you start tanking more hits

early death march experience: dead in two hits

at level 19: dead in like, eight or nine hits

what are you running with? seems like almost everyone doesn't even have a point in that tree. TBH I haven't gave it a good look yet because I didn't enjoy it much in the last game. That and the Sign tree is just incredible this time around. Always curious about new builds though.

All the oil buffs, +25% heal on quaff, boosted toxicity from recipes. Those are the major ones. With Greater Green mutagens I get +600 vit from each mutagen slot, which stacks with Bear Armor technique's +20% vit, and because my heal is percentage based, it does a good job at keeping me alive. You also end up with +200 toxicity after a certain point, so you can use a decoction and still use potions (with vastly extended durations). Each hit can poison, and oils are +25%/+50% damage boosts that gives me a +25% damage reduction buff against that enemy type. And they don't run out anymore.

The menu is still a mess and you have to deal with that, but w/e. I'm also curious about bombs, since there's a talent that can increase their capacity by five. Eight enhanced grapeshots that split into like, five or six explosive fragments sounds neat.

If I was min/maxing I'd probably just go 13 in Alchemy and put the rest in Combat, though, if only to stack attack power boosts. And yeah, signs are nuts now. It's what I ran for a long time but it got boring.

Axii Puppeteer makes Death March a joke. Have been doing level 20+ quests starting at level 10 because I can just use Axii to make enemies kill each other. Must be because of how much damage enemies do on Death March but they kill their friends in one or two hits, letting me take care of the last person/monsterthing.

Of course this doesn't help monster contracts at all which are still really hard.

Everyone should have the skill that lets you cast spells with adrenaline if you play offensively. I always have three extra spell casts to protect myself or take control of enemies with.

Nameless

My Geralt has been heartless, greedy, if not down right cruel at times, but I decided to help the
Whispering Hitlock spirit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom