• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

mileS

it gets easier as you start tanking more hits

early death march experience: dead in two hits

at level 19: dead in like, eight or nine hits

All the oil buffs, +25% heal on quaff, boosted toxicity from recipes. Those are the major ones. With Greater Green mutagens I get +600 vit from each mutagen slot, which stacks with Bear Armor technique's +20% vit, and because my heal is percentage based, it does a good job at keeping me alive. You also end up with +200 toxicity after a certain point, so you can use a decoction and still use potions (with vastly extended durations). Each hit can poison, and oils are +25%/+50% damage boosts that also poisons and gives me a +25% damage reduction buff against that enemy type. And they don't run out anymore.

The menu is still a mess and you have to deal with that, but w/e. I'm also curious about bombs, since there's a talent that can increase their capacity by five. Eight enhanced grapeshots that split into like, five or six explosive fragments sounds neat.

If I was min/maxing I'd probably just go 13 in Alchemy and put the rest in Combat, though, if only to stack attack power boosts. And yeah, signs are nuts now. It's what I ran for a long time but it got boring.

That sounds crazy! Pretty impressive considering that most feel that its the "weakest" tree. It's obviously not.

How long do oils last?

erawsd

Using DS4Windows, map the "M" button to right touchpad press. See this image below, and make sure to have scan-code ticked.

Thanks again for this tip! Just got done with a session using the tweaks and its such a huge improvement. One of the biggest nitpicks with the game was having to rely on the Quick menu to switch Signs. Its amazing how much functionality you can squeeze out of the Touchpad. Still bummed theres no way to set up shift modifier to cast signs directly but this'll do nicely. I set mine up so that...

Swipe up - Aard,
Swipe down - Ingi,
Swipe Left - Yrden,
Swipe right - Axii,
PS button - Quen
Touch Left - Quest log
Touch Right - Map
Touch Up - Skills
Multitouch - Save game

I also rebound the "options" button to the KB "backspace" because a short press takes you to the regular menu but if you hold it it'll take you directly into inventory. I think thats how the controller is suppose to work by default but it doesnt work for me.

GavinUK86

Holy shit the
Keira Metz
questline is fucking amazing. My favourite part of the game so far by a longshot.

We've just
bumped uglies and Geralt's woken up facing the tower. Going to carry on later tonight.

eschiver

Don't know if any of you noticed but oil on blade is unlimited in usage. It's pretty convenient. I'm putting my skills into the alchemy oil skill to increase poison chance.

Beefy

So I'm running around Velen exploring and doing quests here and there and that poor griffin head is still saddled to my horse. Do I need it for a quest later or...?

I want to know the same thing. I have like 6 creature heads, which are taking up a fair bit of weight.

It's kind of funny reading people's reactions of entering Novigrad for the first time. I kind of spoiled the surprise of entering for the first time...I snuck over there when I was level 5 or so to look for a bank :p

Number45

Is there a maximum level, or can you effectively take every ability (but only activate a few)?

I want to know the same thing. I have like 6 creature heads, which are taking up a fair bit of weight.
Look at the trophy slot on your inventory tab, they each have quite a useful trait depending on which is equipped.

man... similar to the fallout games... some of these side quests are amazing/as good as[if not better than] the cannon...

for instance the Nielen tryna find his missing wife quest in Velen... so good and so sad... and so much gray area(literally and figuratively).
im loving this shit...

Dresden

This is one of the best RPGs ever made.

if Skellige's content is as good as Novigrad and Velen, it's top 3 material.

That sounds crazy! Pretty impressive considering that most feel that its the "weakest" tree. It's obviously not.

How long do oils last?

The skill that extends duration just makes them permanent at 3/3.

It's still the weakest tree, since you can't stack attack power or sign intensity mutagens, but it's definitely functional. I think the biggest problem is the point investment needed to make it work, and the fact that heavy armor just isn't available for a long, long time.

Hugstable

Banned
Hey where can I find someone to where I can craft armor at early on in teh game? I just entered Velen and have enough materials to make the upgraded starting armor, but I have no clue where I can find an armorer

Dresden

Hey where can I find someone to where I can craft armor at early on in teh game? I just entered Velen and have enough materials to make the upgraded starting armor, but I have no clue where I can find an armorer

most of the small villages have an armorer or a smith, and there's a Journeyman armorer where the Bloody Baron is. You can always just go back to White Orchard to craft something, too.

If you follow the main questline for a bit it'll lead you to a place with one. You don't have to go too far in it.

Beefy

Is there a maximum level, or can you effectively take every ability (but only activate a few)?

Look at the trophy slot on your inventory tab, they each have quite a useful trait depending on which is equipped.

4 of the heads have the same stats tho.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
This is one of the best RPGs ever made.

As an open world action RPG, yep. Unquestionably, for me anywho. Will easily rank as one of my all time favourite games, top five maybe. It does so, so much that I love to bits.

The slightest notion that this kind of quality, content, and vision will be applied to Cyberpunk is very exciting.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
TretogorGate.jpg

Cat armor, aka my dodging suit

KingKong

As an open world action RPG, yep. Unquestionably, for me anywho. Will easily rank as one of my all time favourite games, top five maybe. It does so, so much that I love to bits.

The slightest notion that this kind of quality, content, and vision will be applied to Cyberpunk is very exciting.

Yeah if they could create a world thats say a third as big but more vertical and with detailed interiors it would be incredible

if Skellige's content is as good as Novigrad and Velen, it's top 3 material.
I'm still early (just finished story in Velen) but I'm already at a point where I really hope this remains so strong overall because the last time I've felt so engaged was KOTOR 2, which is in my top 3.
The writing, acting, design and animation completely sell the game world.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I don't suppose hair grows like the beard? Be awesome to have the short style which eventually grows long.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I've got too many open quests. I must have 10 or 11 main and side quests alone, not counting witcher contracts. I got one that they recommend to do at level 24 and I'm still at 7 lol. It's easy to get side-tracked on your way to your destination, picking up another quest. Velen is HUGE.

RDreamer

Unless something seriously crazy happens this will very likely end up possibly my favorite game of all time. I'm probably 25-30 hours in and still haven't event touched Novigrad or Oxenfurt.

phaze

It's kind of funny reading people's reactions of entering Novigrad for the first time. I kind of spoiled the surprise of entering for the first time...I snuck over there when I was level 5 or so to look for a bank :p

DId the same whenn at lvl 3 but then I couldn't beat the first level 10 drowner you meet on a mission with Triss. :p And every bandit there kicked my ass too.
wait what?! this kind of quality and vision for a cyber punk neo future game would be my dream rpg.... are you referring to something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs

So you really start to over level quickly at around level 15. I've got maybe 6 level 20+ quests and about 15 under level 12 quests. Too much stuff to do! And to think quests go up to level 50. Oh lord.

Grady

So you really start to over level quickly at around level 15. I've got maybe 6 level 20+ quests and about 15 under level 12 quests. Too much stuff to do! And to think quests go up to level 50. Oh lord.

What difficulty are you playing on? Im level 4 at 15 hours in. But i did almost all side shit. My main quests still read level 5 recommended. Barely touches it so far.

What difficulty are you playing on? Im level 4 at 15 hours in. But i did almost all side shit. My main quests still read level 5 recommended. Barely touches it so far.

I am on normal. I think I am going to have to bump it up one level as everything is too easy and giving too much XP. This is what I figured would happen. I always like to start on normal with a game like this then bump it up if need be. (Also only just hit level 19 after 30 hours.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom