• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Was leaning xbox one since haven't really used it much since sunset overdrive. Good call or neutral call, over ps4 version? Last I looked didn't see really many XBO reviews posted, and I actually don't know much about the title (other than really wanting to play it)

So guys can you just answer with a yes or no. If I do the Triss sidequest line, does that mean that by the end of it I have to choose whether I'll be with her or Yennefer? Since I'm intent on clearing most of Velen first I haven't been to the Skeilege islands at all and have barely seen Yennefer and I would like to weigh my options more before the choice.

Exentryk

Thanks again for this tip! Just got done with a session using the tweaks and its such a huge improvement. One of the biggest nitpicks with the game was having to rely on the Quick menu to switch Signs. Its amazing how much functionality you can squeeze out of the Touchpad. Still bummed theres no way to set up shift modifier to cast signs directly but this'll do nicely. I set mine up so that...

Swipe up - Aard,
Swipe down - Ingi,
Swipe Left - Yrden,
Swipe right - Axii,
PS button - Quen
Touch Left - Quest log
Touch Right - Map
Touch Up - Skills
Multitouch - Save game

I also rebound the "options" button to the KB "backspace" because a short press takes you to the regular menu but if you hold it it'll take you directly into inventory. I think thats how the controller is suppose to work by default but it doesnt work for me.

Nice. I like how both our setups have Quen on the PS button. :D

Damn that seems useful. How good is it at recognising the swipes during play?

Might be time to buy DS4.

It's pretty decent. As long as you swipe cleanly it'll pick up. I'm sure you'd be able to adjust the sensitivity somehow, but I haven't looked into it. System works for me so :D

Salty Hippo

I need help on the Whoresun Junior quest, can't advance it and I don't know if it's a bug or if I'm missing something.

It's the "search residence" objective, but I can't find anything. I already explored every corner of the place, went through 3 different doors from the outside. I found the basement where there's a weak wall, broke it with magic but the yellow circle on the map doesn't move, it's still in the house area. What am I missing?

At the entrance one of the guards recognized me and I was forced to kill them, and of course had to kill everybody inside as well.

Sorry if this was already asked but I didn't find anything on google. The eurogamer guide assumes the player can use a dialog option about the girls to enter, which wasn't my case.

Aeana

I need help on the Whoresun Junior quest, can't advance it and I don't know if it's a bug or if I'm missing something.

It's the "search residence" objective, but I can't find anything. I already explored every corner of the place, went through 3 different doors from the outside. I found the basement where there's a weak wall, broke it with magic but the yellow circle on the map doesn't move, it's still in the house area. What am I missing?

At the entrance one of the guards recognized me and I was forced to kill them, and of course had to kill everybody inside as well.

Sorry if this was already asked but I didn't find anything on google. The eurogamer guide assumes the player can use a dialog option about the girls to enter, which wasn't my case.
You’re missing the second floor. There’s stairs leading up in a side room. I had the same problem.

Just go through the sewer through the wall that you broke, the circle will move eventually, once you get out of the sewer

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Oh damn.
The tree spirit which I free'd into a horse destroyed the local village and killed everyone. Whoops lol.

Think I figured out why neither Witcher 2 and 3 never reached that level of feel akin to Souls or Batman games; the combat strings are too inconsistent. Witcher could use having less random attack animations, since it's not supposed to flow like Batman's. Basically, whenever I want to pirouette, which is never, I should have a input for that and not a contextual thing.

Chitown B

Think I figured out why neither Witcher 2 and 3 never reached that level of feel akin to Souls or Batman games; the combat strings are too inconsistent. Witcher could use having less random attack animations, since it's not supposed to flow like Batman's. Basically, whenever I want to pirouette, which is never, I should have a input for that and not a contextual thing.

I'm just sick of swinging at the air and losing 3 seconds to an animation and then just get attacked in my back.

Carm

Is there a journeyman weaponsmith that isn't in oxenfurt or novigrad? Its kinda silly I'd have to go to either to craft a level seven sword.

TraBuch

Banned
This final horse race (I think?) is kinda bullshit. The moment you get off the track, you lose, while the NPCs can do whatever they want. Also, my horse keeps suddenly stopping.

viveks86

I'm absolutely loving the Bloody Baron storyline. Holy shit. Was constantly surprised by the progression. Just the way it started based on a consequence brought a smile to my face.

Few hours in, quick questions:

1. In the default settings, how do the Points of Interest (i.e. Question Marks) work? Do they just all auto populate on the map? Do I have to be a certain distance near them for them to show up? Do they point to hidden treasure hunt items?
2. Is there a shortcut to go directly to the world map? Playing on PC with a controller. Similarly, any useful shortcuts I should know about?

Game is wonderful so far, bout 5 hrs in and just poking around Wild Orchard so far.

pahamrick

Once you get a good Nilfgardian deck you can pretty much wreck anybody, their cards are ridiculously strong.

I've been managing so far with a Northern Kingdoms deck, using the Foltest that can wipe all weather effects.

It's probably only a matter of time until my method fails me, but I'll stick with what works for now.

Exentryk

Few hours in, quick questions:

1. In the default settings, how do the Points of Interest (i.e. Question Marks) work? Do they just all auto populate on the map? Do I have to be a certain distance near them for them to show up? Do they point to hidden treasure hunt items?
2. Is there a shortcut to go directly to the world map? Playing on PC with a controller. Similarly, any useful shortcuts I should know about?

Game is wonderful so far, bout 5 hrs in and just poking around Wild Orchard so far.

1. The points of interest ? can be turned off from settings. But if you have them on, they'll all show up on the world map. When you get near them, they'll change into different signs based on what they are (hidden treasure, monster nest etc).

2. See this - http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...gns-using-Gamepad-(DS4)?p=1690625#post1690625

anddo0

These load times.... PLease work on a fix CD Projekt .

Why aren't we discussing this?

Bloodborne got murdered for it's 40-sec load times. The Witcher load times come in close to one minute. Also, the story recap while loading needs to go. The constant commentary is wearing thin.

So guys can you just answer with a yes or no. If I do the
Triss sidequest line
, does that mean that by the end of it I have to choose whether I'll be with her or Yennefer? Since I'm intent on clearing most of Velen first I haven't been to the Skeilege islands at all and have barely seen Yennefer and I would like to weigh my options more before the choice.
If you follow the quest line through you'll
be forced to choose if you want to be with her or not.

Chariot

I'm absolutely loving the Bloody Baron storyline. Holy shit. Was constantly surprised by the progression. Just the way it started based on a consequence brought a smile to my face.
The character progression of the Baron himself is amazing, as are the twists and turns of the stories in and around the quest. And to think that it's just one of many many many many.

Game's been interfering in my daily life too :p
Haha.

Bloodborne got murdered for it's 40-sec load times. The Witcher load times come in close to one minute. Also, the story recap while loading needs to go. The next is one thing, but the constant commentary is wearing thin.
I assume you're playing on a PS4? On the PC it's not short, but still reasonable, even without SSD.

anddo0

The character progression of the Baron himself is amazing, as are the twists and turns of the stories in and around the quest. And to think that it's just one of many many many many.

Haha.I assume you're playing on a PS4? On the PC it's not short, but still reasonable, even without SSD.

PS4 and it's pretty bad on a stock hard drive.
When I die, I load the latest save to avoid the voice over telling me where I'm at in the story.

LProtag

So is it best to just stick with the Witcher gear and keep getting the newest available one? I've got the Griffin school gear so far, and the Cat one is coming up soon.

The fucking
werewolf
sidequest in Velen is giving me a fuckton of trouble. Maybe because I'm level 5 and it's a level 7 quest?

The guy regenerates so fucking much.

I ran some more screenshots through photoshops oil filter

22 Image album here http://imgur.com/a/tRI6J
oGCXfmZ.png

Chitown B

Bloodborne got murdered for it's 40-sec load times. The Witcher load times come in close to one minute. Also, the story recap while loading needs to go. The constant commentary is wearing thin.

agreed. Witcher you die so easy and then wait 80 seconds (I counted)

RedAssedApe

Banned
Is it worth it to repair gear? I know damage and defense gets nerfed the lower you go but is there a substantial drop at 0%? My silver sword is at 8% but I'm broke because I was dismantling things instead of selling lol

Beefy

Is it worth it to repair gear? I know damage and defense gets nerfed the lower you go but is there a substantial drop at 0%? My silver sword is at 8% but I'm broke because I was dismantling things instead of selling lol

I heard they break. But haven't found out for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom