• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
3dc6anB.jpg

Love the sword designs in this game.

Verger

Banned
So, what is the best difficulty to play the game at?

I'm trying to decide between Broken Bones and Death March. What are the pros and cons of them?

Skyzard

Banned
So many of you are posting screenshots with thick black crush that I'm almost starting to worry about my monitor...

Have you all messed up sweetfx settings or is that the weird compression from console screenshots I hear about?

So, with regards to the choice of romance, can anyone give me any rationale to pick either way? I don't need some kind of stupid "waifu" or "bae" type posts. I'm curious what people think based on past games and on the lore of the series. This is my first Witcher game, and really my first contact with anything Witcher related, so if I pick one of them, it'd probably end up as a heads or tail situation. I'm curious if there's a "character arc" type argument for each one.

Acinixys

So, what is the best difficulty to play the game at?

I'm trying to decide between Broken Bones and Death March. What are the pros and cons of them?

Blood and Broken Bones is the best IMO

Hits the perfect note between rage inducing and too easy

thinking.gif

So, with regards to the choice of romance, can anyone give me any rationale to pick either way? I don't need some kind of stupid "waifu" or "bae" type posts. I'm curious what people think based on past games and on the lore of the series. This is my first Witcher game, and really my first contact with anything Witcher related, so if I pick one of them, it'd probably end up as a heads or tail situation. I'm curious if there's a "character arc" type argument for each one.

I say pick Triss because Yen has been AFK fucking around with the Wild Hunt for 5+ years while Triss was helping Geralt get his shit back together

However Yen is Geralts "True Love" and was with him for years before she dissapeared

TraBuch

Banned
So I ended up looking at a guide because I couldn't figure out how to get the last pieces of the Cat gear, and at the end of the guide it said something like "Enjoy one of the best looking armors in the game! Well, at least early game." and I'm like "wut?".

weevles

Any suggestions on starting builds? It seems like hybrids are difficult to make. I'm trying to decide if I should tank/sign or tank/alchemy.

megalowho

Finished up the main questlines in Velen and the game really has its hooks in me now. Keira Metz, Bloody Baron, some great stuff in there. Have to admit I reloaded one of them near the end to get a more favorable outcome, some of the divergences are pretty harsh.

Still find myself struggling at times with character momentum and highlighting selectable items but everything else is clicking. Feeling compelled to do sidequest cleanup even if I'm overleveled just based on the level of quality so far, and to see which ones end up rippling out down the road.

See that doesn't bother me at all, mostly because the quests are so fun and interesting on their own.

Normally it wouldn't bother me either, but those glowing yellow boxes are so tantalizing. I have to open them and then I'm disappointed. I would be more than happy playing this game if it had absolutely no lootable equipment but it does and the loot has consistently been disappointing.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Cat gear question:
Glowing purple barrier: how do i get past

woen

So I liberated an area full of monsters but I can't even loot the area because the guards/merchands/peasants who never tried anything here and are miles away are coming the second I killed the last beast — and tried to kill me the second I looted a box. Well.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
A question for any explorers.

Has anyone come across the haunted tower where a mage was doing tests on humans? Wondered if there is anything good to find around.

Also what are the green mists? Souls?

charpunk

25 hours and i still haven't walked into Novigrad or seen Triss D: Sidequests got me by the throat.

Same here. Just got to Novigrad last night to check it out, but I still have a bunch of side stuff to do before hitting the main quest there. I might have to put my ocd of having to do all the side content aside for this one.

Venom Fox

Banned
So where's this desert environment that was shown in screenshots?

So far I'm loving this game, I'm at about 20 hours and I'm only level 5.
I've been exploring like a madman, snuck into Novigrad :):):) it's amazing!

anddo0

While in Velen, make sure to check out the Cunny Of The Goose inn (directly north of Hanged Mans Tree, water area) and it's surrounding area (many bee farms there to loot). I arrived at this area around noon, it was sunny and clear..Truly stunning area on a clear day, one of the first areas that made me say Skyrim who?

Gaz_RB

Normally it wouldn't bother me either, but those glowing yellow boxes are so tantalizing. I have to open them and then I'm disappointed. I would be more than happy playing this game if it had absolutely no lootable equipment but it does and the loot has consistently been disappointing.

Yeah loot is pretty disappointing to me as well, mostly in terms of how shitty the low level armor looks. Seems to be getting better at higher levels though.

I think I'm going to focus on upgrading a cool Witcher set.

Although I have been finding most my good loot from more interesting spots than chests, like at the top of mountains and from sketchy looking guys. I basically see chests as a source of gold, recipes, diagrams, and ingredients.

I say pick Triss because Yen has been AFK fucking around with the Wild Hunt for 5+ years while Triss was helping Geralt get his shit back together

However Yen is Geralts "True Love" and was with him for years before she dissapeared
Question of clarification with Triss and Yen:

So Geralt was with Yen in the books then? Basically for years before he was with Triss? And one more thing, did Yen have a good reason that she wasn't helping him get his shit back together? Or was she just off galavanting looking for the Wild Hunt?

I'm feeling real conflicted with the choice here actually.

Chariot

Crooked Bog Quest

I should have killed that talking tree, jesus. What have I unleashed? Although there are no lesser evils in this. :(
Dayum! I actually killed the tree because I was suspecting that it lied (well it didn't when it comes to the kids) and because it was obviously something evil. But to have it spelled out there. Really rewarding those who read all the lore :D

Demoskinos

So I liberated an area full of monsters but I can't even loot the area because the guards/merchands/peasants who never tried anything here and are miles away are coming the second I killed the last beast — and tried to kill me the second I looted a box. Well.

Really? I've never had people get mad at me yet for looting stuff. Even when I barge into people's houses.

Carm

I just bought Ibrahim's first map in Oxenfurt but after reading it I didn't get a quest update or new markers on the Velen map, is this normal?

30 hours later I learned the fate of the wounded lady on the table at the herbalist in White Orchard. It kind of blew my mind. I suppose I'd have learned what happened way earlier if I'd gone to a specific area earlier, but I didn't. And I'd forgotten about her. And now I know what happened. Amazing.

Drazgul

You must be on PS4. On PC it takes like a minute from clicking to open the game to be in the game playing. And then the only loads I have gotten are when you fast travel or die, and those are like 10 seconds for me.

Less than that for me, even. Main menu loads instantly after skipping the intros and loading a save is 20 sec at most. Gotta love 'em SSDs.

Anung

Un Rama
Hmm. It seems like a fairly important mission for me has glitched D: Either that or I don't know how to start the next part.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Question of clarification with Triss and Yen:

So Geralt was with Yen in the books then? Basically for years before he was with Triss? And one more thing, did Yen have a good reason that she wasn't helping him get his shit back together? Or was she just off galavanting looking for the Wild Hunt?

I'm feeling real conflicted with the choice here actually.

Geralt and Yen were saved by Ciri after both "died" during a riot, Geralt having been stabbed and Yen dying trying to give her life for Geralt. Ciri took them somewhere safe. The Wild Hunt appeared and took Yen. Geralt pursued and faught them, offering his own soul to the king in return for freeing Yen. The Hunt accepted.

Geralt seemingly road with the hunt for an unspecified amount of time then escaped, awaking with amnesia that he only just recovered from. After being freed from the hunt Yen too had amnesia.

This is info from the last game.

Timeaisis

So when does this game get interesting? Two hours in and I feel like nothing has happened.

I loved TW2, for the record. I feel like the open world is already going to be too much for me, though.

Artanisix

how this company make such sexy women (serious)

tress, jennifer, cersei... all incredibly attractive personality-wise. them facial and body animations are godlike. and the voice acting is among the best i've ever heard. how much did cdpr spend on voice actors?

Geralt and Yen were saved by Ciri after both "died" during a riot, Geralt having been stabbed and Yen dying trying to give her life for Geralt. Ciri took them somewhere safe. The Wild Hunt appeared and took Yen. Geralt pursued and faught them, offering his own soul to the king in return for freeing Yen. The Hunt accepted.

Geralt seemingly road with the hunt for an unspecified amount of time then escaped, awaking with amnesia that he only just recovered from. After being freed from the hunt Yen too had amnesia.

This is info from the last game.
Well that's all good to know! This is still going to be a hard choice.

frontovik

Banned
Does Yennefer ever expain her actions in the intro cinematic? She killed a Nilfgaardian knight and a cavalry detachment, I don't think Emhyr would approve of that.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Does anyone have a clue where to find the diagrams or even maps for Superior Feline Armor? It's weird I have the diagrams for the Master versions of the Feline gear but haven't found the Superior ones and no merchant seems to be selling any treasure maps for it.

Glass

I'm about to start Witcher 2, and in regards to choices I'll want to be making to carry on in W3, should I side with Roche or Iorveth?

Witcher 3 spoilers:
I know Roche shows up in 3 if you side with him, any word on Iorveth? I've heard his side might be a bit more exciting, but I would like the side I choose to show up in 3.

Beefy

Does anyone have a clue where to find the diagrams or even maps for Superior Feline Armor? It's weird I have the diagrams for the Master versions of the Feline gear but haven't found the Superior ones and no merchant seems to be selling any treasure maps for it.

If you mail me I will look in my guide later on for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom