• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Big thanks to Best Buy on Sepulveda for letting me swap out the PS4 version for the PC version.

I've learned my lesson.

Assassin Geralt

witcher3_2015_05_23_24fu6k.png

Chiggs

Gold Member
These load times.... PLease work on a fix CD Projekt .

Why aren't we discussing this?

Bloodborne got murdered for it's 40-sec load times. The Witcher load times come in close to one minute. Also, the story recap while loading needs to go. The constant commentary is wearing thin.

There are so many technical problems with TW3. It's an ambitious game, but some of these bugs are showstoppers. Load times do suck, but if the game loads you should be happy you're even getting to play.

mileS

Does it matter what order I do Family matters and Ladies of the woods? reading around it sounds like they effect each other but I want to be sure I don't miss anything.

Hagi

Oh, so that's an actual thing? There was no loot when it happened for me and I figured it had just bugged out.

Yeah I knocked a wyvern from a bride at the lighthouse with the crossbow and it went down then floated to the top, pretty cool.

The Bloody Baron quest ended pretty grim I think I fucked up somewhere along the line.

aku:jiki

Awww, fuck! I'm so disappointed and a little mad right now. Apparently, my W2 import failed somehow because a certain character was not where he's supposed to be. I was so looking forward to it too. :(

How are they gonna have the possibility of import failure with absolutely zero notification or error message?! It just gladly took it and started the game...

Chariot

PS4 and it's pretty bad on a stock hard drive.
When I die, I load the latest save to avoid the voice over telling me where I'm at in the story.
Ow :(

Assassin Geralt
I actually want a contract that includes that Geralt attacks a monster from a cliff, jumping from high up onto the monster and killing it instantly or woudning it badly so the true fight begins.
Awww, fuck! I'm so disappointed and a little mad right now. Apparently, my W2 import failed somehow because a certain character was not where he's supposed to be. I was so looking forward to it too. :(

How are they gonna have the possibility of import failure with absolutely zero notification or error message?! It just gladly took it and started the game...
Could you tell in spoilers who you wanted to see?

1. In the default settings, how do the Points of Interest (i.e. Question Marks) work? Do they just all auto populate on the map? Do I have to be a certain distance near them for them to show up? Do they point to hidden treasure hunt items?
They show up if you're near, but you can also have all of them in a section of the map show up when you look at a village's job board. It kinda acts like an Assassin's Creed tower.

Does it matter what order I do Family matters and Ladies of the woods? reading around it sounds like they effect each other but I want to be sure I don't miss anything.

Probably should finish most of the Family matters before doing ladies of the woods, there is a small part that can be skipped if you do things in the wrong order.

Ledhead

My gf ended up busy for most of the day so I was able to put a good play session. Doing quests around Velen now. I think I just hit level 8. I crafted all new armor pieces, as well as two pretty awesome swords. Loving this game so far. I feel like i'm just scratching the surface yet I have already done so much.

usp84

Did anyone else get the bug in the "Person in Distress" sidemission on Velen?The bandits didnt drop the key for the cage.

aku:jiki

Ow :(

I actually want a contract that includes that Geralt attacks a monster from a cliff, jumping from high up onto the monster and killing it instantly or woudning it badly so the true fight begins.Could you tell in spoilers who you wanted to see?
Letho.
I thought he was one of the more complex and interesting characters in W2. I've been spoiled on the fact that he doesn't have a very big role in this one, but I would've loved to see him again anyway.

Dark_castle

Man, the longer I play the game, the more I'm impressed with the details and scope of everything down to the towns and cities. So many buildings that can be entered, people to encounter, things to see and loot to find. Not to mention when the combat clicked, it was fun and interesting in its own ways. Side quests are varied and expanded with character dialogue and small stories. Oh and the day/night cycle with changing weather effects really add to it. The sound design? Amazing.

Bloodborne was previously locked to GOTY for me, but now Witcher 3 is giving it a real run for the money.

Chariot

Letho.
I thought he was one of the more complex and interesting characters in W2. I've been spoiled on the fact that he doesn't have a very big role in this one, but I would've loved to see him again anyway.
Did you look up when you're supposed to meet him and he didn't appear?

Phamit

The Eye on Eye seems to broken, the guy(
Roche
) I should meet at the tree, doesn't show up

bug or I have to wait for a specific time?

oh and here is a moonlight screenshot

witcher3_2015_05_23_142ob0.jpg

Skyzard

Banned
Was leaning xbox one since haven't really used it much since sunset overdrive. Good call or neutral call, over ps4 version? Last I looked didn't see really many XBO reviews posted, and I actually don't know much about the title (other than really wanting to play it)

I'd personally be safe and go for PS4. I'm not sure if it fixes framerate issues during combat that Vinny from GB mentioned [not sure how reliable he is about that stuff] but it's a big and demanding game, if you have both why risk it.

Watching the comparison they look pretty similar though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkB8gpPzMkw PS4 locked to 30 and xbox isn't but they still get similar performance it seems (at slightly different res, ps4 1080, x1 900p).

ok, but if I have sex with the other women, can I still romance either of them ?

Probably, Triss doesn't seem to give a damn so far about anyone but Yennefer
and I've been with Keira
, however I'm yet to finish her entire sidequest because I don't know if I'll go with her or Yennefer, so I'm not 100% sure.

Where is there a journeyman blacksmith (not armorsmith)? I'm trying to craft the griffin sword + enhanced, and I can't find a journeyman blacksmith. I've searched everywhere, too except for the Skalegie islands since you need to be level 17 to get there right?

Sifl

The contract quest to kill the
chort
is probably the worst designed fight I've ever seen in a video game. I'm hoping the fight just somehow got bugged and it isn't that terrible.

I still can't fathom the loot system. I just finished the
walk through the cave quest with Keira
which is listed as a level 6 quest and I'm level 7. The highest my loot for swords or armor has been level 3. I find a chest at the very end of the level and inside is what looks like a badass Gnomish sword with two upgrade slots (the first time I've seen anything with more than one upgrade slot) and it's a level 1 sword. I don't even know what the point of looting this stuff is. I can make more money selling goat hides I steal from peasants.

Mostly I just wish I didn't have an inventory full of level 1, 2, and 3 items that would be awesome if they actually rolled my level.

FFFUUU: I just finished a hidden treasure quest and got a level 3 silver sword that has three upgrade slots and is slightly better than my level 6 sword I have currently equipped. If only the new awesome sword that I worked hard to get was higher than level 3. I'm seriously getting to the point where these side diversions aren't worth it if I'm just going to get a shitty underleveled piece of gear.

Carm

Where is there a journeyman blacksmith (not armorsmith)? I'm trying to craft the griffin sword + enhanced, and I can't find a journeyman blacksmith. I've searched everywhere, too except for the Skalegie islands since you need to be level 17 to get there right?
He is in Oxenfurt, the island city east of the Hanged Mans Tree fast travel point. That is the place you start Velen at.

Demoskinos

I have the same feeling after selling stuff to traders that I do when I go into gamestop. Sold a sword for like 7 crowns and the trader turns around and sells it for 1000 crowns in his store. WTF?

Fuck!. I finished the " "Now or Never" quest with a happy ending.

Then i decided to start the "The Soldier Statuette" quest in which you have to talk to the NPC from the above mission, but guess what the NPC is nowhere to be found!

Thank god i saved before that mission and i can reload the save.

Also the Lighthouse scene was hilarious...

Skyzard

Banned
I have the same feeling after selling stuff to traders that I do when I go into gamestop. Sold a sword for like 7 crowns and the trader turns around and sells it for 1000 crowns in his store. WTF?

Haha, yeah, I was holding on to too much stuff because of this. Got to a point where I needed the money and space so I said fuck it. Couldn't find people that were giving much closer to what it said in the inventory (when you aren't trading).

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
so when do i get to open a library

I still can't fathom the loot system. I just finished the
walk through the cave quest with Keira
which is listed as a level 6 quest and I'm level 7. The highest my loot for swords or armor has been level 3. I find a chest at the very end of the level and inside is what looks like a badass Gnomish sword with two upgrade slots (the first time I've seen anything with more than one upgrade slot) and it's a level 1 sword. I don't even know what the point of looting this stuff is. I can make more money selling goat hides I steal from peasants.

Mostly I just wish I didn't have an inventory full of level 1, 2, and 3 items that would be awesome if they actually rolled my level.

FFFUUU: I just finished a hidden treasure quest and got a level 3 silver sword that has three upgrade slots and is slightly better than my level 6 sword I have currently equipped. If only the new awesome sword that I worked hard to get was higher than level 3. I'm seriously getting to the point where these side diversions aren't worth it if I'm just going to get a shitty underleveled piece of gear.
Keep at it, there are a lot of items in the game, I am only level 7 right now and I have two relics (basically like legendaries) swords with 3 rune slots on each, a steel and silver one. In fact I got one of them in the cave where you're at. The two I have are called
Forgotten Vran Sword and Maugrim

Their stats:

Steel sword
Silver sword

Also when you fill their rune slots they get the ruins lit onto them and they glow. In Witcher 2 I think even if just one rune was in it did it but I can't remember.

charsace

These load times.... PLease work on a fix CD Projekt .

Why aren't we discussing this?

Bloodborne got murdered for it's 40-sec load times. The Witcher load times come in close to one minute. Also, the story recap while loading needs to go. The constant commentary is wearing thin.

You must be on PS4. On PC it takes like a minute from clicking to open the game to be in the game playing. And then the only loads I have gotten are when you fast travel or die, and those are like 10 seconds for me.

Keep at it, there are a lot of items in the game, I am only level 7 right now and I have two relics (basically like legendaries) swords with 3 rune slots on each, a steel and silver one. In fact I got one of them in the cave where you're at. The two I have are called
Forgotten Vran Sword and Maugrim

Their stats:

Steel sword
Silver sword

Also when you fill their rune slots they get the ruins lit onto them and they glow. In Witcher 2 I think even if just one rune was in it did it but I can't remember.

It just saps my will to go through an entire hour plus long quest and randomly get a level 1 sword that is useless to me.

You must be on PS4. On PC it takes like a minute from clicking to open the game to be in the game playing. And then the only loads I have gotten are when you fast travel or die, and those are like 10 seconds for me.

yea the loading sucks on ps4

but im not tryna spend half a grand to play this game in all its glory on pc so just gotta live with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom