• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Spoke to a trader and once I left the menu I could see quite a strong depth of field being used. Is this how the game is supposed to be?

My game has looked like the first screen the whole time. You can see the presnce of the DOF in the second shot around Geralt. Performance seems to be the same. Running on XB1 btw.

ScreenshotOriginal.jpg

Untitled011.jpg

everything is explained in a questline

Ok cool, I'll keep a look out for the quest.

Braag

Just met Letho and did his quest. Glad to see he hasn't gone out of shape :p
Also I decided to save him but dun goofed by doing so apparently, told him to go to Kaer Morhen. I dunno why I'm such a bro with him even though he got Geralt into deep shit in TW2.

patapuf

So when does this game get interesting? Two hours in and I feel like nothing has happened.

I loved TW2, for the record. I feel like the open world is already going to be too much for me, though.

If you stay on the main quest fairly quickly. As soon as you leave the prologue area basically. If you don't care for too much side content i'd at least do the Witcher contracts. You can also turn the ? marks off in the menu.

Reading more about the story regarding Triss and Yen and the
genie thing makes me feel like Yen's feelings are partly if not completely artificial, whereas Triss could at least be potentially "real."

Bah, this choice is bothering me more than it should :p

Tacitus_

Witch Hunter Geralt looks pretty badass (though I need better pants)

HiCo1hb.png

Reading more about the story regarding Triss and Yen and the
genie thing makes me feel like Yen's feelings are partly if not completely artificial, whereas Triss could at least be potentially "real."

Bah, this choice is bothering me more than it should :p

There's a quest that explores this.

Seanspeed

Banned
Spoke to a trader and once I left the menu I could see quite a strong depth of field being used. Is this how the game is supposed to be?

My game has looked like the first screen the whole time. You can see the presnce of the DOF in the second shot around Geralt. Performance seems to be the same. Running on XB1 btw.

ScreenshotOriginal.jpg

Untitled011.jpg
That is awesome. Looks great. Too bad it's just a bug.

I would totally love to have the option to have it on like that for screenshots.

Ark

These load times.... PLease work on a fix CD Projekt .

Why aren't we discussing this?

Bloodborne got murdered for it's 40-sec load times. The Witcher load times come in close to one minute. Also, the story recap while loading needs to go. The constant commentary is wearing thin.

Oh man, I feel really bad for saying this, but with TW3 on my SSD loading times are pretty much non-existent. I haven't read a single tip on the loading screens because it loads before I have time to even read the first few words.

Having completed Bloodborne though, I definitely empathise with you. I can see excessive loading times being a significant part of this generation.

Grady

Finally beat werewolf, jesus.

Omg,nevermind, i chose to kill him and he jumped up and killed me. Wtf. Now i have to do it again. Why lord.

ahartig

30 hours later I learned the fate of the wounded lady on the table at the herbalist in White Orchard. It kind of blew my mind. I suppose I'd have learned what happened way earlier if I'd gone to a specific area earlier, but I didn't. And I'd forgotten about her. And now I know what happened. Amazing.

I was wondering if they would tie that in. For some odd reason once you have completed that quest, the quest info page in the start menu also describes her fate, although it updates to describe said fate immediately after completing the mission, which I thought was odd.

Good to know I can look forward to seeing This later on in the game.

First witcher game ever and I must say its freagin amazing. playing on XB1 and I'm getting some weird audio glitches every so often, other than that I can't complain. Side quests are great and the dialog/animation is top notch, really helps suck you in. Reminds me of the amazing diaolog and cut scenes from TLOU

Just finished Family Matters.

I decided to save the orphans. Seeing the Baron hanging from the tree ripped out a small piece of my soul, holy shit.

Same. It almost made me want to replay the entire quest.

This game is fantastic, some of the best quest writting out there, it's amazing the amount of great side quests in a game this big. A pleasure to play.

artsi

Does anyone know what's the last point when I can do the quest "Now or never"?

I'm trying to do as much as possible before proceeding with Triss or Yennefer.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
are you facing that female shopkeeper?

that monster deck with the melee multiplying cards is soooooo OP lol

You just need to bait all the cards out, pay attention to how many they have left, what you have, and then just throw the round and win the next.

JambiBum

Does anyone know how the runes that add 0 attack power work? It doesn't matter what level of rune it is, they all only say 0 attack power.

Bear

Finished the Bloody Baron quest earlier, mother of god was that sad but incredibly well-written.

That quest's storyline was fantastic, I'm still relatively early in the game but that was my favorite quest so far. It does a great job of fleshing out the characters and the whole thing is just gut wrenching. I was really impressed with how they managed to make the Baron
a tragic and sympathetic character despite being a violent alcoholic and wife-beating scumbag

You just need to bait all the cards out, pay attention to how many they have left, what you have, and then just throw the round and win the next.

oh i beat her already. id use throwaway cards till she mutiplied and passed then used the ice on her melee...

second round i was hella sneaky

had her use half her cards left as she multipled melee again and i had no more Ice cards so then I used my dragon to scorch some of her cards
then let her use the rest of her cards and then decoyed my dragon and then reused my dragon to scorch her cards again.

GG...

decoy so good

Goddamn, doing the A T
owerful of Mice
quest at night is so goddamn atmospheric and creepy/spooky. After completing it and leaving and seeing the early morning sunrise after that when emerging... it was amazing. Such perfect timing and none of it was intentional design. Everything just ties in so well.

DarkOneX

Man what the Fuck. I fell into a shallow puddle and now I can't get out. when I try climbing, it says "cannot do that". Game breaking bug.

Edit: right when i posted this, I got out. Huzzah

lol that's happened to me a couple times too, first time I couldn't get out and had to load my last save, 2nd time I got out after some messing around, annoying!

jett

D-Member
Why are these dumb-ass villagers screaming "PEOPLE PEOPLE!" and "RUN! ALL OF YOU'S" every time they see me? Even after I gave some poor fuck some money, still the same shit. Is my game bugged now?

Is it just me, or is there an obvious plot hole in the serial killer quest?

How does the killer get from the morgue to the estate and have time to perform his whole elaborate murder ritual by the time Geralt arrives? The victim's daughter's dialogue notes that she was in her room since the morning, but we just left the murderer to find her. The murderer himself informed us that she was in danger, so he'd have to be in two places at once for that to be true.

He's not a mage that can teleport, so this makes no sense to me. Surely the devs didn't think we'd go off to do other quests after being told that this lady is going to be imminently killed, which is the only way this time/space paradox makes sense.

I'm missing something, right?

Is it just me, or is there an obvious plot hole in the serial killer quest?

How does the killer get from the morgue to the estate and have time to perform his whole elaborate murder ritual by the time Geralt arrives? The victim's daughter's dialogue notes that she was in her room since the morning, but we just left the murderer to find her. The murderer himself informed us that she was in danger, so he'd have to be in two places at once for that to be true.

He's not a mage that can teleport, so this makes no sense to me. Surely the devs didn't think we'd go off to do other quests after being told that this lady is going to be imminently killed, which is the only way this time/space paradox makes sense.

I'm missing something, right?

where is the mission located?

so yea....

this game for the past few hours hasnt been Witcher 3....

it's been Gwent.

I will refer to this game as Gwent for now. Witcher 3 is no more. must keep finding more shopkeepers...

Nbz

Ok, so I just failed the Fake Papers quest, but paid the guy 100 for the pass. But when I go up to the guard there is no way to get through, he just repeats the same dialogue. I can't find the pass in my inventory anywhere, do I have to equip it?

Any help would be appreciated

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I would kill for an MMO to use The Witcher 3's world. Going on raids with Witchers to take down some huge monster would be so awesome.

aku:jiki

Does anyone know how the runes that add 0 attack power work? It doesn't matter what level of rune it is, they all only say 0 attack power.
I'd like to know this too. I thought it was just "lesser" that was 0 for some reason, but "greater" is too. I tried putting one in my sword, thinking maybe the 0 was like relative to base damage and couldn't show a number in the inventory or something, but it's still +0 damage...

Goddamn, doing the A T
owerful of Mice
quest at night is so goddamn atmospheric and creepy/spooky. After completing it and leaving and seeing the early morning sunrise after that when emerging... it was amazing. Such perfect timing and none of it was intentional design. Everything just ties in so well.
Bonus points to CDPR for making sure that the tower interior is pretty dark regardless of time of day. It's impossible not to get the right atmosphere there.

I just did the bog quest in broad daylight and that ruined it a little bit. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom