• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
30 hours later I learned the fate of the wounded lady on the table at the herbalist in White Orchard. It kind of blew my mind. I suppose I'd have learned what happened way earlier if I'd gone to a specific area earlier, but I didn't. And I'd forgotten about her. And now I know what happened. Amazing.

How do you learn about her? I did the mission but there is no talk of her.

Certinty

Put the difficulty down to the lowest one and I still couldn't beat the
werewolf
once he got back up so had to choose the other option and let him
kill his wife's sister.

Hopefully the main missions aren't this hard, wish I never did that side quest.

Nameless

Finally finished the Bloody Baron quest

cLP2aAI.gif

I've gotten less out of full games.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
40 hours in and I feel like I'm nowhere near the end. Dat value for money.

I'd like to know this too. I thought it was just "lesser" that was 0 for some reason, but "greater" is too. I tried putting one in my sword, thinking maybe the 0 was like relative to base damage and couldn't show a number in the inventory or something, but it's still +0 damage...

Bonus points to CDPR for making sure that the tower interior is pretty dark regardless of time of day. It's impossible not to get the right atmosphere there.

I just did the bog quest in broad daylight and that ruined it a little bit. :/

Indeed, I spent quite a bit of time outside looking around so it added to my immersion before entering, it was awesome + looking at the
tower with some lights on at the top
there was quite a bit of fog for me at the time + clouds, plus the backdrop of the moon behind tower. Gorgeous. A loooot of atmosphere in this game and it's quite dynamic.

I'm about to go do the bog quest myself now.

heringer

30 hours later I learned the fate of the wounded lady on the table at the herbalist in White Orchard. It kind of blew my mind. I suppose I'd have learned what happened way earlier if I'd gone to a specific area earlier, but I didn't. And I'd forgotten about her. And now I know what happened. Amazing.

I failed this quest. What happens to her?

Ghost23

Without spoilers, could I have come across
Letho
yet? I'm level 13 and just met up with
Roach
for the first time.

How do you learn about her? I did the mission but there is no talk of her.

In Velen at the very south of the map is a Nilfgardian encampment, there you will find out what happened. I didn't end up exploring down that area until just this afternoon.

I failed this quest. What happens to her?

If you give her the risky potion, she seemingly disappears. In the army base in the south is a guy who talks to you. He is her lover and says she has survived, but is not 100% recovered, it's unclear what her condition is, but he curses you for not letting her die and goes on his way. Both ways, it's a bummer quest.

I've failed one quest.

I'm so sorry Lena, the quest was confusing ffs.

Spent the whole day clearing question marks yesterday and cleared only 30% of the bottom left of velen, I did some minor quests as I came across them as well but hot damn what a massive massive game.

How is anyone already at skellige? I've been playing heaps and heaps so I don't understand how people have the time.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I failed the bitter harvest mission am I missing much?

Nah. I failed it too being lvl 4 at the time which was too low to prevent the NPC's from dying.

Completing it will get you a few more crowns(50 vs 15), and there is an attached quest that lets you get a ticket across the river you miss a big discount on if the NPC dies. There are other quests to get that same ticket though, so its not a big deal at all.

Bod

Neo Member
This game is quite simply put....stunning.

The way the main and side quest weave in an out off each other is amazing.

Don't get me started on Gwent, i am getting stupidly addicted to this simple but brilliant card game.

25hrs in and i have only scratched the surface of this wonderful game.

Witch Hunter Geralt looks pretty badass (though I need better pants)

HiCo1hb.png

There's a quest that explores this.
Witch Hunter set looks quite awesome. I wish we could wear the hood cloak from the first CGI trailer. I know it's in the game because an NPC listed as "shady person" walks around in Novigrad wearing it. Geralt looks SO badass in it.

Second big area side-ish end of questline :aside from the obvious moral questions, are there negative consequences to
sleeping with Keira and letting her go to Kaer Morhen? With or without the notes?

ecurbj

I just bought this game today (Xbox One version). I just installed and will play it sometime tonight. But do I need to play any of the previous entries (the original Witcher PC or Witcher 2 Xbox 360) to understand the story at all? Not sure if this was asked or not.

By the way. I wasn't sure which version to get between the PS4 or Xbox One. I own both. I figured the Xbox One. But is there any notable differences?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Need some help with the Baron quest

been to Novigrad etc

but it says
explore all leads in velen to find the mother

not sure what to do?

aku:jiki

Velen is so big though, I don't know where I'm going to find this quest. I've done almost all the quests I've come across.
Lindenvale, first village east of Crow's Perch.

yea its bs... but apparently they are gonna patch in a new innkeeper so u can get it. they need to hurry cause that card is so strong and i could use it
Not to taunt you, but it's the best card I've seen. I rely on it in every match.

Which ones that? thanks

Ladies of the Wood.

Speaking of which, a question for those who finished all of the Velen quests:
I killed the forest spirit and rescued the Baron's wife, but the kids are gone (dead, presumably). Without spoiling what happens during the unconfirmed but heavily foreshadowed moment where you go back and take down the witches, is there any way to save the kids and help the Baron?

Nbz

Ok, so I just failed the Fake Papers quest, but paid the guy 100 for the pass. But when I go up to the guard there is no way to get through, he just repeats the same dialogue. I can't find the pass in my inventory anywhere, do I have to equip it?

Any help would be appreciated

Anyone able to help with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom