• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furyous

What's a good way to break the game early? I'm asking because I love feeling overpowered in games. How long will it take for walkthroughs and hunting guides to hit the net?

I'm preordering at 3:45 PM today so I can play the game 15 minutes later. Shout out to my PST gamers.

erawsd

Simulate Witcher 2 Save - yes or no?

What does it do? I haven't played Witcher 2.

If you pick "Yes" theres a scene in the prologue where you are asked about the things you did in Witcher 2. If you pick "no" then that scene is skipped and it uses developer premade decisions.

Newman96

If you pick "Yes" theres a scene in the prologue where you are asked about the things you did in Witcher 2. If you pick "no" then that scene is skipped and it uses developer premade decisions.

I thought it was the other way round when I chose it, picked "no" hoping it'd let me chose my own decisions :(

Whelp, If it helps I
killed him
too and I don't plan to change my decision
- He helped spark a "world war" that is going to claim thousands of lives so that he could get his fancy witcher school back (not to mention the witch-hunts)
- After all we had been through, I felt I owed Roche this one (especially since I stayed his hand with Henselt)
- He killed the man Geralt was tasked to protect and in doing so ruined his name, I felt he had to face the consequences of his actions
No regrets on my part but I know there are valid reasons either way, that's part of what makes The Witcher so engrossing after all

That makes me feel a bit better. This is a difficult decision lol.

Can't speak for the other poster, but, in my case, because he had the audacity to face Geralt in single combat. That shit'll get you killed, scro.

Lol

The OT title change is lame. Whoreson Flayer was damn awesome.

Yeah, what's the deal with that? Is it some dig on that Polygon review or something? It doesn't even make sense, the first two are describing the Geralt, which makes "EVEN RACISM" stick out oddly. Geralt is a Gwent Player, a Monster Slayer, and an Even Racism?

AEREC

Was Yennefer ever mentioned in the earlier games? Of what I've seen they don't really introduce her in W3, so I'm just wondering if there's some story bit from 1 or 2 that I'm forgetting. The way the opening of W3 treats her, it almost seems like I should know her already, but I don't.

Not that I remember.

Yeah, what's the deal with that? Is it some dig on that Polygon review or something? It doesn't even make sense, the first two are describing the Geralt, which makes "EVEN RACISM" stick out oddly. Geralt is a Gwent Player, a Monster Slayer, and an Even Racism?

"Even racism" was in that gameplay trailer.

But yeah, I liked the old title.

OCD Guy

I've really been caught up in the hype for this game

I just hope this isn't me once the pre-load unlocks as it has been for other games...

Hs4PH2W.gif

Leeness

Oh shiiiit, I managed to sign onto PSN!! I couldn't from going to the store to sign on, but went and tried from the Settings > PSN Network Settings and it signed on!

:O Downloading Witcher!

Kal_El

Downloaded and ready! My first Witcher game since I was a Playstation 3 gamer. Thanks for the info in the OT. Maybe things wont go over my head as much.

weevles

The title change threw me a little as I hadn't even remembered that blurb from that trailer.

I'm excited, my game is shipping out soon, hopefully I can start playing before the week ends. :p

So, what's all the differences between difficulty levels?

I'm considering playing on Death March difficulty right off the bat, but if it's super frustrating I'll go one lower.

Ibuki

Banned
Does anyone know where I can but the soundtrack for the game? I'm in NA and I'd like a physical copy if possible. I can't seem to order it anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom