• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll pretty much paraphrase that other reply but basically:
- killing him was meaningless. Sure, the guy killed Foltest. So what? Foltest was a gigantic cunt with a lot of blood on his hands. It's not like he was my best friend. The only good reason to kill him would have been to clear Geralt's name but that was already done by that point. Also, I didn't feel very judgmental of Kingslayers after letting Roche have his way with that other cunt king.
- he helped Yennefer.
- he was a Witcher bro and insisted we weren't enemies.
- his particular School knows a lot about the Wild Hunt. I'd rather have them as allies. All three of them.
- I'm done caring about politics. I'm a very short sighted guy: I help bros and kids because it sounds right but at the end of the day, every kingdom will fuck people. I can't say I'll miss these Northern Kingdoms and then aggressively segregationist policies.
- rule of thumb: as long as someone isn't a particularly annoying cunt like Loredo or that king, I don't go out of my way to kill them. I'd rather they owe me.

Same reasons I saved Sile.

Edit: that other king I mention is Henselt.

Damn, you guys are tempting me to reload and change my mind.

I feel like what he did was terrible, but at the end of the day everyone in the Northern Kingdoms are also reprehensible pieces of shit. I guess I'm just trying to reconcile between him not being that bad, but helping Nilfgaard plan am invasion.

AAAAAAHHHHH SUCH A DIFFICULT CHOICE.

Do I go back and let him go, or just go into the game having to live with my decisions?

Tall Paul

Thanks for this awesome OT. Never got round to playing the first 2 but all the details and connects shared in here make the Pre Load on my XB even more exciting. Cheers all.

I feel like what he did was terrible, but at the end of the day everyone in the Northern Kingdoms are also reprehensible pieces of shit. I guess I'm just trying to reconcile between him not being that bad, but helping Nilfgaard plan am invasion.

Do I go back and let him go, or just go into the game having to live with my decisions?
Obviously, I'd go back. :p
It's not like
Letho
is the greatest bro ever but future prospects with him alive outweigh any benefit his death would have.
Yes, I have a financial outlook on things and consider
Foltest's death as a sunk cost.

aku:jiki

Steam itself is never the best option for Steam keys!

Wait, you're saying that Steam is the only place that actually delivers Steam keys since CDPR has an obvious vested interest in selling GOG keys... Damn it, I really don't know why I didn't realize that.

I was going to hold off a day and see performance reports here on GAF but I guess I just have to buy now to get the prerelease discount.

Obviously, I'd go back. :p
It's not like
Letho
is the greatest bro ever but future prospects with him alive outweigh any benefit his death would have.
Yes, I have a financial outlook on things and consider
Foltest's death as a sunk cost.

Damn, I think you guys may have changed my mind. I might have to go back now.

Edit: then again, Roche was my bro. I felt like I was doing him a solid.

Wait, you're saying that Steam is the only place that actually delivers Steam keys since CDPR has an obvious vested interest in selling GOG keys... Damn it, I really don't know why I didn't realize that.

I was going to hold off a day and see performance reports here on GAF but I guess I just have to buy now to get the prerelease discount.
Why wouldn't CDPR have a vested interest in their own platform?

Can we who downloaded Witcher 3 through the regular GOG downloader download the patches yet? Or is it coming at the release? Galaxy refused to work for me so i had to get it the "regular" way.

I might be a bit confused. On the countdown timer in the OT, it says 5 hours and 10 minutes. Yet farther down, the release times make this seem like it comes out in 6 hours and 10 minutes.

So, is it 5ish hours from now, or 6ish? I'm playing via Steam, by the way, if that matters.

Fuuuuuck I ended up (Witcher 2 spoiler)
killing him at the end.

Kornheiser_Why.JPG

Jimrpg

Ah shit... I already downloaded 14gb and now it looks like it lost that and has started downloading it from the start again.

I don't know how that happened except I logged out and logged in again. :(

It took me 4 days to download that much :(

I'm averaging 300kb/s at the moment. I hate these large download sizes... GTA V took me 2 weeks to download.

erawsd

Do you have to go through the W2 decisions, or is there an option to just play a "pre-made" dev version?

One of the options you pick when start a new game is "Simulate a Witcher 2 Save"... with the Option to have it On, Off, or import. If you pick off you get the dev premade.

Bytes

Once in a while, Steam will have the best price on a game. You just have to watch the price tracking websites.

But yeah, these days I buy most of my Steam keys from other sites for cheaper (all legit places, though). It's all about waiting for the right moment.

Galileo

Neo Member

Whelp, If it helps I
killed him
too and I don't plan to change my decision
- He helped spark a "world war" that is going to claim thousands of lives so that he could get his fancy witcher school back (not to mention the witch-hunts)
- After all we had been through, I felt I owed Roche this one (especially since I stayed his hand with Henselt)
- He killed the man Geralt was tasked to protect and in doing so ruined his name, I felt he had to face the consequences of his actions
No regrets on my part but I know there are valid reasons either way, that's part of what makes The Witcher so engrossing after all

limp

Neo Member
Lol the downloads for the language packages are already down / broken / struggling... What a great idea to wait until 5 hrs before release :)

bombshell

I might be a bit confused. On the countdown timer in the OT, it says 5 hours and 10 minutes. Yet farther down, the release times make this seem like it comes out in 6 hours and 10 minutes.

So, is it 5ish hours from now, or 6ish? I'm playing via Steam, by the way, if that matters.

The countdown is correct.

Yeul

Ehh,
Iorveth's path was nice because Saskia, Philippha's schemes and lesbomancy, dwarves, succubus, but Iorveth was boring, and he even barely do anything in Act 2.

I think he was a great character, regardless of how much or little he appeared. I would just like to see him again, especially since you are basically seeing everyone else like???? lol why shouldn't I want to see him come back? In a game about consequences I would just like to see reactions of people I sided with or did not side with.

The1Ski

What's the word on possible endings? I Assume there's multiple endings but do we know how many? Are there very rare super awesome endings?

Einbroch

Banned
Does this game have randomized loot, set loot, or a mix (ie the same super rare pieces will always be in the same chests, but commons and uncommons will be random)?

sflufan

Banned
I'll pretty much paraphrase that other reply but basically:
- killing him was meaningless. Sure, the guy killed Foltest. So what? Foltest was a gigantic cunt with a lot of blood on his hands. It's not like he was my best friend. The only good reason to kill him would have been to clear Geralt's name but that was already done by that point. Also, I didn't feel very judgmental of Kingslayers after letting Roche have his way with that other cunt king.
- he helped Yennefer.
- he was a Witcher bro and insisted we weren't enemies.
- his particular School knows a lot about the Wild Hunt. I'd rather have them as allies. All three of them.
- I'm done caring about politics. I'm a very short sighted guy: I help bros and kids because it sounds right but at the end of the day, every kingdom will fuck people. I can't say I'll miss these Northern Kingdoms and then aggressively segregationist policies.
- rule of thumb: as long as someone isn't a particularly annoying cunt like Loredo or that king, I don't go out of my way to kill them. I'd rather they owe me.

Same reasons I saved Sile.

Edit: that other king I mention is Henselt.

Thank you! I 100% agree with your reasoning which is why I made the same choice.

The fact of the matter is that
the North is so much better off under the rule of the relatively tolerant Nilfgaardian Empire and Emhyr var Emreis, Deithwen Addan yn Carn aep Morvudd (the White Flame Dancing on the Barrows of his Enemies) than any of those petty monarchs of the North!

JimPanzer

no work tomorrow but feeling tired, undecided if I should stay awake until the game unlocks (00:00 here) and play for 2 or 3 hours...hmmm

ValfarHL

What's the word on possible endings? I Assume there's multiple endings but do we know how many? Are there very rare super awesome endings?

Planning on playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt repeatedly even after you’ve finished it? Fortunately for you, CD Projekt RED has confirmed that there will be 36 The Witcher 3 endings (or “states”), that should make it a whole lot more satisfying than coming to the same conclusion each and every time.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...-witcher-3-endings-will-deeply-unique-player/

Catdaddy

One of the options you pick when start a new game is "Simulate a Witcher 2 Save"... with the Option to have it On, Off, or import. If you pick off you get the dev premade.

Thanks, played W2 but didn't finish it, and starting fresh on the PS4. Rather not worry or try and remember my choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom