• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

nataku

Finally got around to playing a bit.

The witcher sense zoom is so bad. I really hope there is a way to disable the zoom in the future. It's just too much for how often you use it. The way it was handled in TW2 was so much better.

Not to taunt you, but it's the best card I've seen. I rely on it in every match.

/cry and i know. i used it in my first play through until i started over cause i accidently sold my witcher gear. im not starting over again for that card tho. ive been making due without but its been tough

A question for any explorers.

Has anyone come across the haunted tower where a mage was doing tests on humans? Wondered if there is anything good to find around.

Also what are the green mists? Souls?

Yes. There's a device that Keira gives you for her sidequest that you can use on them.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Level 12
23 hours in
FINALLY made it to Novigrad.

There is just soo much in this game this is incredible.

I'm not sure if I should make the cat armor once I hit 15 or wait a bit more and make the enhanced griffon armor.

Anyone else playing witcher 3 the fashion hunt? Because I swear I get miffed if my character isn't wearing a full set.

Thankfully gear isn't as important as long as it's within 5 levels of your current level.

Also I wish there was a passive that boosted weapon durability because my silver sword is always fucking broken.

JMZ555

Can someone advise me if i have messed up the romance option......

I want the romance triss option, i completed Count Reuven’s Treasure and then completed A Matter of Life and Death making sure to select "kiss option" but the quest "now or never hasnt appeared? My only thought is 1. Ive messed it by doing it before the quest A Favour for Radovid? I will load a earlier if needed but would like to know how the now or never quest pops

void666

Banned
I need trousers to craft a griffin trouser. Where can i buy it?

Also i have dozens of letters and books. Can i just discard them?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
On normal the mobs seem to have a leash where they won't come at you if run away a bit and it really kills the combat, does this happen on higher difficulties?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
On normal the mobs seem to have a leash where they won't come at you if run away a bit and it really kills the combat, does this happen on higher difficulties?

It happens on every difficulty as far as I've seen. it's really annoying in general, on normal you can even kind of exploit the AI in this range where they will attack you but won't be able to reach you.

LegendX48

Might be a silly question to ask but does anyone know what song plays during the more intense conversations in the family matters quest? It doesn't seem to be on the soundtrack.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
It happens on every difficulty as far as I've seen. it's really annoying in general, on normal you can even kind of exploit the AI in this range where they will attack you but won't be able to reach you.

That's sad to hear, I would have increased the difficulty if it would fix it. Maybe it's something they can patch?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Why dont they let you preview haircuts and beards before selecting them?

I like my choice, but still

Is it true that light armor increases your stamina regen passively? I am debating if I should just get the Feline armor set instead of the Griffin despite being a heavy sign player (and light sword play). No need to get the perk to increase my stamina regen by 25% per medium armor if light armor gives a similar buff.

Diablos54

Holy crap this game is crazy! Slowly exploring the second region on my way to a quest marker. Decided not to go from PoI to PoI marked on the map like I have been and see what happened. I went the opposite way, ran into like 4 different groups of bandits in a row! After a few monsters i was overburdened, but thankfully had done a big loop back to a fast travel sign. Now that combats clicked I'm really enjoying this game.

aku:jiki

Oh, I forgot... Johnny. Best character or bestest character?

Whats the ability do? Unsure if I have it
It's just a "clear weather" card, but having one of those guaranteed and ready at all times is pretty powerful since the AI pretty much always attempts to counter you with weather.

M.D

Started the game and played a tiny bit.. you can tell it's going to be something special.

I'm very impressed with the voice acting and writing so far, and the gameplay feels really great, a huge step up from the previous games.

Is there any point running into random houses considering you don't want to loot them if the area is populated?

Also, I imported my save from The Witcher 2 but don't recall getting any confirmation, is there any way to know if it did work?

Lashley

It's just a "clear weather" card, but having one of those guaranteed and ready at all times is pretty powerful since the AI pretty much always attempts to counter you with weather.

I THINK I have it

Which Kingdom is it? My Northern Regions I have 2 leaders, 1 upgrades siege cards (So useful) 1 randomly plays a fog card

Skyzard

Banned

That's sad to hear, I would have increased the difficulty if it would fix it. Maybe it's something they can patch?

Hope so, that's something that really put me off DA:I tbh. It's not QUITE as bad in this. Sometimes they'll retreat...but yeah I would really appreciate them fixing the way AI interacts when you are still attacking them from range, currently it's pretty cheap and broken.

Why dont they let you preview haircuts and beards before selecting them?

I like my choice, but still

Yep.

aku:jiki

Is there any point running into random houses considering you don't want to loot them if the area is populated?
The game doesn't actually have a crime system, that tutorial message you saw is a straight-up lie. Loot away.

Also, I imported my save from The Witcher 2 but don't recall getting any confirmation, is there any way to know if it did work?
You get to gamble and find out 35 hours later that the import actually didn't work despite the fact that the game said nothing about it when you imported, like I did. If you want to be absolutely sure that you get to meet your favorite W2 characters, start over and simulate the save instead.

The only thing you can't simulate is the tattoo you may have gotten in W2.

I THINK I have it

Which Kingdom is it? My Northern Regions I have 2 leaders, 1 upgrades siege cards (So useful) 1 randomly plays a fog card
It is a Northern Realms card and is neither of those, so it seems you don't have it.

Lashley

The game doesn't actually have a crime system, that tutorial message you saw is a straight-up lie. Loot away.

You get to gamble and find out 35 hours later that the import actually didn't work despite the fact that the game said nothing about it when you imported, like I did. If you want to be absolutely sure that you get to meet your favorite W2 characters, start over and simulate the save instead.

It is a Northern Realms card and is neither of those, so it seems you don't have it.
Ah, fuck

Why do kids in this game look like The Hood in Thunderbirds? It freaks me out.

z0vFtPM.jpg

LlAfaT5.jpg

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
What's with items having 0% to a stat? Like 0% to freeze, or 0 attack power. Why even add it to the item?

Kazuhira

Is there a item storage like in the previous games?
First area of the game and i have too much stuff,i thought i would find a item box or something in White Orchard´s Inn.

M.D

Damn, that must be terrible

Is there any way to know by the conversation Geralt and Vesemir are having about Redania and temeria just before seeing the griffin for the first time, or do they have the same conversation every time?

dreamfall

This is the probably the best game I've ever played. Every side quest is written so well, every Monster contract feels fresh and exciting and the main campaign has been incredible thus far (24 hours in).

Blown away, by everything. I bow to you, CDPR Gods!

Moff

incredible quest design, I just tried around with different decisions in a main quest with a lot of reloading and it's incredible what you don't see with different choices. different cutscenes, whole questlines, hours of content you don't see in a single playthrough. this game is everything I did not dare to hope it would be.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
What are the weaknesses of an Earth Elemental? Just came across one in the woods. It's a level 24 but isn't giving me much trouble just taking too long.

Chariot

What's with items having 0% to a stat? Like 0% to freeze, or 0 attack power. Why even add it to the item?
Probably part of some bigger craftable item.
incredible quest design, I just tried around with different decisions in a main quest with a lot of reloading and it's incredible what you don't see with different choices. different cutscenes, whole questlines, hours of content you don't see in a single playthrough. this game is everything I did not dare to hope it would be.
Can't wait to play it again and follow different paths.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Spoke to a trader and once I left the menu I could see quite a strong depth of field being used. Is this how the game is supposed to be?

My game has looked like the first screen the whole time. You can see the presnce of the DOF in the second shot around Geralt. Performance seems to be the same. Running on XB1 btw.

ScreenshotOriginal.jpg

Untitled011.jpg

Ok cool, I'll keep a look out for the quest.

That looks awesome.

Just to day I was thinking how great it would be if the game had some DOF.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
This is the probably the best game I've ever played. Every side quest is written so well, every Monster contract feels fresh and exciting and the main campaign has been incredible thus far (24 hours in).

Blown away, by everything. I bow to you, CDPR Gods!

Feeling the same, I hope the devs continue to improve it with patches though, it's amazing but not flawless, it can get better and I'm looking forward to the future of the game.

Chariot

It really should though. Or at least have the peasants react fearful to the strange mutant coming in their houses and take their stuff. I can udnerstand them not fighting back against the Übermensch, but some could at least try to call a guard or to defend their home.
Just Heads up. Game goes all AC Unity if you try to snowboard down a hill to land on top of a fortress
And the downgrade thread claimed it can't do what ACU does. Ha!

Is there a way to disable the red names of npcs and monsters appearing next to/on top of them? Trying to take some screenshots of beasties and they're gettin in the way. Disabled everything in the hud config menu but no dice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom