• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woo finally beat the game! Absolutely incredible, prob one of my favorite games ever.

Question: So I finally went back and watched the "Go Your Way" Launch trailer (avoided it the first time because I was trying to avoid spoilers) and I noticed someone who I was looking for the entire game but never found:
Letho.
Anyone know where I can find his questline?

dreamfall

Feeling the same, I hope the devs continue to improve it with patches though, it's amazing but not flawless, it can get better and I'm looking forward to the future of the game.

Definitely, there are some rough spots climbing out of water, getting stuck on pieces of the environment, etc.

But my goodness, the combat is actually incredible. The mix of both magic and swordplay is some of the most coherent and functional I've ever seen in a massive open world. The lore is fantastic, the quest choices all feel like they have weight/are significant and the armor crafting I heartily enjoy.

Somewhere stumbling along the Ghost of the Past mission, while branching from a different quest, my jaw kind of dropped. Every city feels alive. I'm stunned, really. Stunned.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Woo finally beat the game! Absolutely incredible, prob one of my favorite games ever.

Question: So I finally went back and watched the "Go Your Way" Launch trailer (avoided it the first time because I was trying to avoid spoilers) and I noticed someone who I was looking for the entire game but never found:
Letho.
Contract in Velen. The Fall of House (something that starts with an R.)

It was one of the first ones I did.

Jebral

Huh.

I can't use my Dual Shock 4 in this. Somebody had the bright idea of putting shortcuts on the touch pad... Brilliant! I think to myself. Except using either input mapper or DS4Windows... Nothing. I mean, the programs are working with other games, but the Witcher here puts its foot down and doesn't allow it. Doesn't respond at all. Except for using the touch pad to control the mouse.

WTF guys :-/ The whole shortcuts on the touchpad thing is a great idea.

Chariot

Man where can I find new armour? Just hit 25 hours and still using the starting armour (upgraded once)..
Like... anywhere? Enemies drop armor, chests contain armor and receipts for armor and even blacksmiths sell armor sometimes. And when completely in doubt return to White Orchard and talk to the merchant you saved in the beginning. He is selling the DCL Temerian Armor.

What's with items having 0% to a stat? Like 0% to freeze, or 0 attack power. Why even add it to the item?
0% is only shown if you compare items. E.g. your currently equipped sword has 5% critical chance, then other swords would show "0% critical chance (-5%)" or something like that.

fantomena

Game is amazing so far. Only Bloodborne, Witcher 3 and Life is Strange has had me so compelled to the game this year.

I usually (mostly) never do any side quests or exploring in games because of lack of time and such things (like DA:I bored me, was repetive, full of fetchquests etc.).

Bloodborne compelled me so much I took out all the game bosses (yes, all of them) and finished it 3 times so I got all the endings. I like never do that with any games.

Now with Witcher 3 I actually have an interest in doing side quests and exploring.

psychotron

Where can I find a blacksmith in Velan? My silver sword broke and there isn't shit marked on my map. I also have a hell of a lot of Orens I would like to cash in but can't find anyone to buy them.

if yall aint rockin the shaved ponytail look...I dont know what to tell you.
That plus a trimmed beard and Geralt looks fresh as fuck.
18011492182_b1888290c0_o.png

Where can I find a blacksmith in Velan? My silver sword broke and there isn't shit marked on my map. I also have a hell of a lot of Orens I would like to cash in but can't find anyone to buy them.
Crow's Perch

Chariot

Get into Crow's Perch or just ride through all villages. There are a few around. Ride, ride like the wind.

Saint9806

Just finished the
Wandering in the dark
quest. It was so long. Took a few hours, but alot of fun. Got 2 levels just from that quest. Lol

Gaz_RB

Letho.

Lindenvale, I think it's called.

How do I defeat this
golem
? It's been kicking my teeth in after I
followed Ciri's path through the caves
I stunned the fuck out of it with Axii, got a couple of heavy hits in, stepped back, charged Axii. Rinse and repeat. Combined with a Quen sign, this is a good, conservative way to deal with single bosses on Death March so far.

I almost never used Axii in W2 but it works well so far.

Projekt Red really should consider adding a multiplayer component to Gwent.... like.... once you beat the game you can goto some gwent tournament area on the map and play others online in Gwent.

Just finished the
Wandering in the dark
quest. It was so long. Took a few hours, but alot of fun. Got 2 levels just from that quest. Lol

How did you you defeat the
Golem
? What are
it's weaknesses
?

I stunned the fuck out of it with Axii, got a couple of heavy hits in, stepped back, charged Axii. Rinse and repeat. Combined with a Quen sign, this is a good, conservative way to deal with single bosses on Death March so far.

I almost never used Axii in W2 but it works well so far.

Thanks, I'll give that strategy a try. What level were you? I'm currently 5.

Saint9806

How did you you defeat the
Golem
? What are
it's weaknesses
?

The
Golem
was the easiest thing I encountered during the whole quest. My silver sword was near to break and the message popped up. You can't change inventory during combat so I used my steel sword on him and just kept whaling away. He just kept on focusing on Keira. I must have hit him about 30-40 times and not once did he even turn around and look at me. He really wanted to kill Keira for some reason. Lol

Peff

In Wandering in the Dark, is there a bestiary entry for
the final boss fight? Keira was the one who killed him with a spell :-/

I am scared to visit her, but I kinda want to hearing so much about this quest. Can I visit Keira without having sex with her? Because I won't betray Triss, no I won't.
Lol yeah I don't think you have to. I'd be surprised if CDPR ever made you have sex with someone.

6 IIRC. I'm certain I was pretty much in the same ballpark.
Take advantage of your partner's presence, she can attract enemy attacks and this is generally useful to recharge in case you need to.
I also noticed I could meditate pretty much wherever to refill my potions, that's useful on Death March.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
All grown out for me. Started out clean shaved to be like TW1 but I ain't got not time for the barber. Killing them monsters.

DoF21.jpg

The
Golem
was the easiest thing I encountered during the whole quest. My silver sword was near to break and the message popped up. You can't change inventory during combat so I used my steel sword on him and just kept whaling away. He just kept on focusing on Keira. I must have hit him about 30-40 times and not once did he even turn around and look at me. He really wanted to kill Keira for some reason. Lol

Thank goodness for her.
In Wandering In the Dark.
I would not have survived if she didn't keep drawing aggro on all the bosses, she was literally the tank archetype that needed no healer.

McBryBry

Just got my copy in the mail today. So excited to start......but I HAVE to finish 2 first. I'm in Chapter 2, and just got
across the mist, now looking for the banner while Zoltan goes to try and get Saskia's sword
. The game is seriously so good, I'm pretty glad I've started the series with 1 as well. First Uncharted, then Mass Effect, now I'm doing The Witcher beginning to end.

Saint9806

In Wandering in the Dark, is there a bestiary entry for
the final boss fight? Keira was the one who killed him with a spell :-/

I just finished it as well and didn't check the bestiary after I completed the quest. I was so tired, I just turned off the system. The strategy that worked for me was to use Quen and Strong attack only. As soon as your Quen breaks, load it back up, and go back in with another strong attack. Only do 1 attack, 2 maximum, and roll away.

M.D

Damn, that must be terrible

Is there any way to know by the conversation Geralt and Vesemir are having about Redania and temeria just before seeing the griffin for the first time, or do they have the same conversation every time?

Quoting - anyone knows about this? Is there any way to make sure my save is imported or I should just start over?

Peff

I just finished it as well and didn't check the bestiary after I completed the quest. I was so tired, I just turned off the system. The strategy that worked for me was to use Quen and Strong attack only. As soon as your Quen breaks, load it back up, and go back in with another strong attack. Only do 1 attack, 2 maximum, and roll away.

Oh, I did win the fight, the problem is that the final strike wasn't mine and since I imagine it's a one-time enemy the bestiary entry might be missable.
She killed the golem for me too and right before you exit the cave you can fight another. That time I did get the golem entry upon giving the final blow myself

Was gonna say. Keira's plotline altogether is pretty fantastic

Agreed. Was expecting standard Wrpg early game filler quests with forgettable characters. Was taken very much by surprise by how well illustrated her character was, and how much I liked her. And the related achievement
friends with benefits is funny, because the benefit is almost entirely Keira's. Played like a well strung fiddle (and happy about it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom