• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
All grown out for me. Started out clean shaved to be like TW1 but I ain't got not time for the barber. Killing them monsters.

DoF21.jpg
Such a badass

-Deimos

Huh.

I can't use my Dual Shock 4 in this. Somebody had the bright idea of putting shortcuts on the touch pad... Brilliant! I think to myself. Except using either input mapper or DS4Windows... Nothing. I mean, the programs are working with other games, but the Witcher here puts its foot down and doesn't allow it. Doesn't respond at all. Except for using the touch pad to control the mouse.

WTF guys :-/ The whole shortcuts on the touchpad thing is a great idea.

Check "Scan Code" when mapping the keys and disable the mouse functionality.

Saint9806

Oh, I did win the fight, the problem is that the final strike wasn't mine and since I imagine it's a one-time enemy the bestiary entry might be missable.
She killed the golem for me too and right before you exit the cave you can fight another. That time I did get the golem entry upon giving the final blow myself

I didn't know the bestiary entries are missable if you don't get the last strike. Good to know!

Chariot

7b88a25a031c1d2700c43225b1ab2f89.jpg

What swords you got?
I just remember the one time Sabrina became the bride of Cthulu.

1L10EJ2.jpg

Would actually make an interesting quest for Geralt. Dressing as virgin bride bait for the sacrify of an Cthulu like monster that get's rather pissed when it disocvers that he is even less a virgin than he is a bride.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
7b88a25a031c1d2700c43225b1ab2f89.jpg

What swords you got?

Sharp ones.

Steel is Angivare with 3 runes - total dmg is 304
Silver is Disglair - total dmg is 551

The Angivare is fucking awesome against humans. Literally everyone it hits slices them in half.

Does anyone happen to know if there are any missable trophies /achievements outside of the difficulty ones?

I want to start a playthrough on the hardest difficulty but if I have to play through it a second time after that, then screw it. I just want one definitive file.

Skyzard

Banned
Huh.

I can't use my Dual Shock 4 in this. Somebody had the bright idea of putting shortcuts on the touch pad... Brilliant! I think to myself. Except using either input mapper or DS4Windows... Nothing. I mean, the programs are working with other games, but the Witcher here puts its foot down and doesn't allow it. Doesn't respond at all. Except for using the touch pad to control the mouse.

WTF guys :-/ The whole shortcuts on the touchpad thing is a great idea.

Also, possibly unrelated but I had some weird issues with global hotkeys not working when I used that fix that disables the controller/keyboard change popup.

LockControlScheme=0 is the original value in the file hidden.ini at:
C:\GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\config\base

Setting it to 2 was the fix for getting rid of the notification and using the gamepad.

If you changed it, I'd try reverting back.

DOWN

Banned
Sharp ones.

Steel is Angivare with 3 runes - total dmg is 304
Silver is Disglair - total dmg is 551

The Angivare is fucking awesome against humans. Literally everyone it hits slices them in half.

Thanks, never seen these yet

Chariot

Does anyone happen to know if there are any missable trophies /achievements outside of the difficulty ones?

I want to start a playthrough on the hardest difficulty but if I have to play through it a second time after that, then screw it. I just want one definitive file.
At the very moment you can miss gewnt cards. They'll patch it some time, but as of now you should buy the cards of the Tavern Keep in White Orchad and defeat the guy who teaches you gwent.

Having a blast with cheat engine to take screens of the animals, really can appreciate the detail they put into the models, something obviously not as apparent when they're constantly trying to kill you when the game is in motion :p

Apologies for the low health crap at the top of the screen on the first image, and the enemy names in red, wish somebody would tell me how to get rid of that. Anywho enjoy, my first screenshots submission to gaf!

ydcfQ8Q.jpg

dxHGB9n.png

Oh, I did win the fight, the problem is that the final strike wasn't mine and since I imagine it's a one-time enemy the bestiary entry might be missable.
She killed the golem for me too and right before you exit the cave you can fight another. That time I did get the golem entry upon giving the final blow myself
I just checked and I don't have him either. I might have missed him though as
I'm missing the golem too. Nithral doesn't even show up under characters.
My predicament might be the same as yours.

There's the Gwent collecting one.
A number involve doing side quests. I assume you can miss or fail them.
Friends with benefits looks very missable too.
There's one to do two contracts without potions/signs. Missable if you run out of contracts.
One is apparently about recruiting people. I assume this means you can miss them.

Spoiler for those who take the romance side seriously.
do not say you I love you to BOTH yen and triss in their personal quests if you want to end up with one of them.

woen

I wasn't able to kill any big monster or without taking lots of damage or by taking several minutes, now with the Griffin gear at level 10 I'm pretty invincible. For instance I slaughtered the
dragon
outside the lighthouse in 1 min when he wasn't half life in 3 before, and he killed me even if I used quen quen quen, dodging, potions etc.

Maybe I was under-equipped, but now I'm too over powered for the normal level of difficulty.

By the way, how do you and when can you upgrade the Griffin gear ?

Chariot

Spoiler for those who take the romance side seriously.
do not say you I love you to BOTH yen and triss in their personal quests if you want to end up with one of them.
I think I said something wrong to Triss when I encountered her in the main story. During the rat house she asked me how Yen was and I said "Not so bad" and she was super disappointed. Am I already forever alone?

I honestly can't believe I wasn't even planning on getting this game a week ago. This is a strong contender for my GOTY.

I would be utterly shocked if any other game this year can top Witcher 3 for me personally. One of the games not released would have to majorly over perform from what my expectations are.

I think I said something wrong to Triss when I encountered her in the main story. During the rat house she asked me how Yen was and I said "Not so bad" and she was super disappointed. Am I already forever alone?
I think you'll be able to dig yourself outta that one. But, and this goes for all ladies, choose your words carefully lol.

Also Team Triss all the way.

Pimpbaa

I love this game so much. I am so double dipping (I have the PS4 version) when I get a better PC later year or the next one. Hopefully by then I can get a decent midrange video card that can do all the gameworks stuff without choking so severly

Barzul

Are books and letters in this game any use after you rid them or can I just sell them? They really clutter up the inventroy.

UberLevi

This is probably a small thing, but let me just say that I absolutely hate trying to open trap doors because for some reason I always target the ladder underneath before the door is actually open. Takes me forever to get down there.

SDCowboy

Can someone tell me when the gear starts looking better? I've gone from looking like a walking candy cane to a jester (I'm level 8 btw). Love the game, but some of the armor is absurd looking so far, IMO. :p

ooteeni

Just wondering if there is any point searching the land besides the question marks, do events only happen at the question marks, and the rest is just scenery.

Robiin

to the person asking about the 70 weight saddle bag. I found it.
its in the Baron's castle area... a lady next to the dwarf crafter sells it.
That was me! Thanks dude, just turned off the game but will check next time I play. Did the Velen fist fighting side quest today, easy money!

Okay, which main quest should I do first - Family Matters or the one that takes you to Crookbag Bog (or something similar)?

Truant

Super impressed with the voice acting and writing of the children in this game. It's better than most films.

Also, Family Matters quest is one of the best I've played in an RPG. Didn't expect it to get that emotional.
I love that they make you sympathize with the Baron even though he's a huge asshole. Good stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom