• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

McBryBry

Wait a damn minute.

Is whether or not WITCHER 1 SPOILERS
Alvin is the Grandmaster
ever resolved?

I was just thinking about it.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
How do you get the
secret stash
in the main quest
get junior
? I think it's the box above me in the street but aard doesn't reach and crossbow doesn't seem to either.

M.D

Just got my copy in the mail today. So excited to start......but I HAVE to finish 2 first. I'm in Chapter 2, and just got
across the mist, now looking for the banner while Zoltan goes to try and get Saskia's sword
. The game is seriously so good, I'm pretty glad I've started the series with 1 as well. First Uncharted, then Mass Effect, now I'm doing The Witcher beginning to end.

I finished the game today, it was damn good.
The start was really putting me off, I played it a couple of times before and only got to Flotsam before this playthrough, but I knew I had to play it before this and it didn't disappoint after giving it a bit more time.

I also took the
Roche
path. The second chapter went a bit too long for my taste tho, I really wanted to finish the game at the end of it (because I wanted to start this one lol)

Not sure which one I like more, the first was really damn good but also different and had a lot of mystery

Is it wrong that I'm incredibly happy to see all of these new players falling in love with the Witcher Universe? It warms my heart to see a franchise and characters I love blowing up like this and getting the acclaim it deserves.

Not often I get a feeling like this but its great seeing such a great franchise really take off

Loomba

Btw Ciri is super cute.

zn94Xvg.jpg

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/36yohz/welp_im_in_love/

I love her, best character.

SDCowboy

Super impressed with the voice acting and writing of the children in this game. It's better than most films.

Also, Family Matters quest is one of the best I've played in an RPG. Didn't expect it to get that emotional.
I love that they make you sympathize with the Baron even though he's a huge asshole. Good stuff!

Just finished that quest myself. Absolutely amazing.

McBryBry

I finished the game today, it was damn good.
The start was really putting me off, I played it a couple of times before and only got to Flotsam before this playthrough, but I knew I had to play it before this and it didn't disappoint after giving it a bit more time.

I also took the
Roche
path. The second chapter went a bit too long for my taste tho, I really wanted to finish the game at the end of it (because I wanted to start this one lol)

Not sure which one I like more, the first was really damn good but also different and had a lot of mystery

I'm really enjoying myself so far. Compared to 1, I think it's much easier to interweave the side quests in with my progress on the main quest, and it makes it a lot less tedious. The combat is much more enjoyable to me too. Plus, Roche is just a badass.

Wait a damn minute.

Is whether or not WITCHER 1 SPOILERS ever resolved?

I was just thinking about it.
I think these were meant to be spoiler tags, not quote tags.
I thought that was already resolved in Witcher 1.
Reading on it, I only realize now it's considered speculation but the way the game hints at it, I was convinced that yes, he's the Grandmaster. That's what made the ending such a kick in the nuts to me, knowing the kid turned into such a shitty human I killed him with my Silver sword. I never considered this wasn't the case TBH.

Jebral

Reading on it, I only realize now it's considered speculation but the way the game hints at it, I was convinced that yes, he's the Grandmaster. That's what made the ending such a kick in the nuts to me, knowing the kid turned into such a shitty human I killed him with my Silver sword. I never considered this wasn't the case TBH.

It seemed so super obvious to me that I was surprised it was only considered a theory.

Ghost23

I thought light armor was supposed to improve your stamina Regen? I have the feline armor but all it gives me is more attack power.

TraBuch

Banned
I have a crapton of books and letters in my Usable Items tab. Is there any reason to keep em or can I safely throw em all away?

McBryBry

I was just thinking "Huh, I wonder if the kid will come back." So I searched him, read about it and realized "SHIT I forgot that happened! But its just a theory?"

Combat started to click thanks to a bear. Got a bit more creative with the Signs. Also enjoyed crossbow hunting hares and does because I'm an asshole.

Mayyhem

I really couldnt get into DA:I and I gave up like a third way in and havent touched it since. But this game man, this game. Completely hooked. Its so well done

Ghost23

No, its the same if you weren't wearing any armor. Medium and heavy reduce it iirc.

Though if you get the medium armor perk that gives you stamina regen for each medium armor piece, wouldn't it be the same if not better than wearing light armor? Honestly k wish heavy armor was better, because the ursine set looks so much cooler than the other two.

Venom Fox

Banned
Oh my, I laughed when Geralt told said to the goat.

"Come on! Where'd you go?

(Goat gets stuck in a Bush)

Bear! Run you piece of shit"

Don't know why but it actually made me lol.

OmegaDL50

Combat started to click thanks to a bear. Got a bit more creative with the Signs. Also enjoyed crossbow hunting hares and does because I'm an asshole.

Considering how expensive healing can get, and they drop basically free eats and pelts you can sell. Shoot away.

So I just went to the whore house in novigrad...

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFuplr6UUAAuqVB.jpg:large[/IMG]
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFupmLFUIAAZCNS.jpg:large[/IMG]

i came and i slayed. However...
The baron's daughter is one of the girls?Geralt seemed to question her a bit and they seemed to know each other too. She looks just like her too.

In regards to the Romance options in the game

If I say I love you to trust, but turn down Yennefer will I be in a lock for for Triss?

think its medium

When you look at light armor crafting it shows that it has better stamina regen. One would think that going full light armor and forgetting the sign intensity perk would be better for those who rather get the intensity from mutagen and do not have to waste a perk for better regen rates.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
How the hell i can kill the fucking
Katakan
in the quest 'Now or Never' ? That damn thing keeps regenerating itself

Ghost23

When you look at light armor crafting it shows that it has better stamina regen. One would think that going full light armor and forgetting the sign intensity perk would be better for those who rather get the intensity from mutagen and do not have to waste a perk for better regen rates.

How much is regen improved by wearing full light armor compared to medium armor with the regen perk?

It sucks because I have to know which kind of armor I want now so I don't waste perks.

OmegaDL50

So Letho was on fantasy steroids right, holy crap those arms looked like they would burst any second

Witchers of the
Viper school
have some mutagens that increase muscle density and mass. It's somewhat implied that
Viper School Witchers
are basically walking tanks. Considering
Letho's
bulk, I believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom