• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much is regen improved by wearing full light armor compared to medium armor with the regen perk?

It sucks because I have to know which kind of armor I want now so I don't waste perks.

I have no clue, I wish someone would test this:

All you need to do is put on full medium armor (mastercrafted griffin) and use the medium perk that boost regen, see how fast your stamina regens.

compare it to

Full light armor in battle (mastercrafted feline)

viveks86

This game keep looking better and better!

witcher32015-05-2315-55-40.png

witcher32015-05-2314-27-03.png

Ghost23

I have no clue, I wish someone would test this:

All you need to do is put on full medium armor (mastercrafted griffin) and use the medium perk that boost regen, see how fast your stamina regens.

compare it to

Full light armor in battle (mastercrafted feline)

I'm still on the normal version of each, and I don't have the medium armor perk, but with full feline I have 18/s on stamina regen during combat

With griffin on without the perk is 14/s, so with the perk it would be 16.8/s

Wearing light armor doesn't seen like too much of an improvement? And not only that, you are losing sign intensity.

Sakura

Feel like I've done nothing but play this game the past few days. I imagine I'm getting near to the end of the main story. I'm about level 23. So far I think I might enjoy the main story in Witcher 2 more.

Maximo

A little more detail? Don't know what you're talking about.

Your other choice is to convince her not to use the plague as it could possibly kill thousands/millions. And instead suggest Khan Moran for her to stay and wait out all the shit that's going down with the mages. She agrees and says shes sorry and hopes he comes visit her sometime.

Demoskinos

So went and did the quest for Kira on Fyke isle. Ended up giving the bones of that girl to her lover she appeared as some wraith and murdered him. Does this quest play out any differently if you refuse to help her? Does she attack you on the spot or something?

viveks86

While I'm sure you're referring not just geographically but also tweak wise, just wait till you get to Skellige ;) That shit puts Skyrim (even with enb+mods) to shame. Atmosphere is mind blowing.

At this rate I'm months away from Skellige. Haven't even visited Novigrad city yet! :p

The game is totally blowing my mind every time I play it.
Finding new villages, new towns, new quests, etc. Everything is amazing so far.

Seriously. I'm even reading all the collectable letters and books. The world is insanely fleshed out. Bloodworth was right in wondering how someone managed to pull this off

I think I said something wrong to Triss when I encountered her in the main story. During the rat house she asked me how Yen was and I said "Not so bad" and she was super disappointed. Am I already forever alone?
I chose both of the options that you did not choose
"She's fine" and "I don't know"
and each of them brought about the same disappointed response you got, so I don't think there is anything you can do at that point.

Hopefully, anyway, because Team Triss.

My oh my, there is one mission
where you have to find what happened to a girl by the name of Hanna. Turns out her sister was in love with her husband(werewolf) and during the full moon she lead Hanna to be eaten.
dark stuff right there.

I actually started enjoying the combat a lot more in the past 5 or so hours of playing. I really couldn't stand it at first, but now I've come to enjoy it more. I think it clicked when I realized that I just need to stop moving around so much, and utilize the dodge much more than the roll. It's still not *great*, but I think it's kind of fun now.

Information about resetting skill points
Should I buy this potion from Keira when I have the chance early in the game or will I get the opportunity later? I have the money now and I'd like to keep it around just in case but it's taken a long time to get to this level of financial stability and I'm worried that I'll be using that money to soon... I suppose that money is there to spend and if not this then something else.

Also can anyone tell me if Yennefer gets pissed at me if I sleep with Keira?

where you have to find what happened to a girl by the name of Hanna. Turns out her sister was in love with her husband(werewolf) and during the full moon she lead Hanna to be eaten.
dark stuff right there.

There are some truly messed up scenes...
children dead in bed with their parent being eaten by flies, cannabal camps etc, it's just so awesome when you stumble on this stuff. It really is like a war ravaged land

It's like in the books where Geralt and Dandelion and the others are travelling in between the two war parties... it really is just like that. Love it so much.

dext3rr

Just saw the Keira thing through.

I ended up spending the night with her and sleeping with her. I dunno man, it felt like the thing to do...Geralt got caught up in the moment and he can't say no to a witch. :p She ended up trying to take the documents but I talked her into going to Kaer Morhen and asked for the documents back. That was a dicey situation because I really didn't want to fight her. She seemed reasonable the entire time so I didn't feel it was necessary to press her too hard.

You just made the SAME choices as I did. Well played sir.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Super impressed with the voice acting and writing of the children in this game. It's better than most films.

Also, Family Matters quest is one of the best I've played in an RPG. Didn't expect it to get that emotional.
I love that they make you sympathize with the Baron even though he's a huge asshole. Good stuff!

yeah me too.

dark stuff right there.

Yeah and yet i still saved her despite what she did

Er, the Now or Never quest in Novigrad, where you have to defeat the
Katakan
....is this shit bugged? He regenerates health from the moment you get your first hit on him, and it regenerates far too rapidly. Or am i just shit at the game?

I've heard Black Blood potions negate the ability but they're doing absolutely nothing of the sort.

So I just went to the whore house in novigrad...

i came and i slayed. However...
The baron's daughter is one of the girls?Geralt seemed to question her a bit and they seemed to know each other too. She looks just like her too.

In regards to the Romance options in the game

If I say I love you to trust, but turn down Yennefer will I be in a lock for for Triss?

From last page, kinda want an answer if someone can help to both if they can.

viveks86

Any chance you can share you set up for this and how I install it? Loving the way yours looks

Thanks! Quoting myself from the PC performance thread. It has SweetFX settings as well as INI tweaks. Hope you have a high end rig to handle it as it's going to need resolutions higher than 1080p to yield good results.

I took Project Reality as a template and modified it a little. It's the most satisfying result I've had so far. Now I'm all set to play the actual game! :D

witcher32015-05-2121-30-162.png

I've posted the settings here:

http://pastebin.com/KGPDrrP7

Some low-light shots for you guys using the last SweetFX preset I shared.

witcher32015-05-2200-39-18.png

witcher32015-05-2200-22-34.png

witcher32015-05-2200-03-16.png

witcher32015-05-2200-16-27.png

INI settings:
http://pastebin.com/zdEKBw5t

Thanks! Quoting myself from the PC performance thread. It has SweetFX settings as well as INI tweaks. Hope you have a high end rig to handle it as it's going to need resolutions higher than 1080p to yield good results.

Hmm probably couldn't run it then. I can run the game at Ultra at 1080p with 40+ fps but not gonna go higher really. If knock shadows to high instead of Ultra I can get a locked 30fps ar 1440p.

OC 780ti, 16GB RAM, 4770k CPU at 4.3 ghz

Ending spoilers

I don't understand. I didn't get the worst ending but why is there a hole in my heart? Ciri, don't go. Forget being an Empress, let's kill more rabbits. :'(

Enosh

holy shit, buying the 100 bag actually changes the gear on your horse

had a 30 one before which might have also changed something but it was early and didn't really notice

viveks86

BTW, I fell in love with love with Gwent today. Best minigame ever!

Hmm probably couldn't run it then. I can run the game at Ultra at 1080p with 40+ fps but not gonna go higher really. If knock shadows to high instead of Ultra I can get a locked 30fps ar 1440p.

OC 780ti, 16GB RAM, 4770k CPU at 4.3 ghz

Hmmm... then my advise would be to use the sweetfx settings but not the INI tweaks. Almost all of those changes hog performance.

I'm still on the normal version of each, and I don't have the medium armor perk, but with full feline I have 18/s on stamina regen during combat

With griffin on without the perk is 14/s, so with the perk it would be 16.8/s

Wearing light armor doesn't seen like too much of an improvement? And not only that, you are losing sign intensity.

Do you mind keeping me (and this thread) updated.

Is sign intensity even that important once you have better mutagens? I would argue that it is not. I can have 90% sign intensity from mutagens.

Wouldn't higher sign intensity just be overkill when the opportunity cost to have something else would be more important.

I am absoultely stunned by how good some of the facial animations are... they've put some serious work into it. It's often subtle but man, the main characters are amazing! Wrinkles in their skin, wry smiles, crows feet... SO GOOD.

Anyone know where griffins typically spawn? Aside from first boss of course. Tired of just seeing those rooster bird basilisks.

There is one in the South West side of Velen, it's just flying about... it was level ?? to me though so I think it might be a strong f'er.

Do you mind keeping me (and this thread) updated.

Is sign intensity even that important once you have better mutagens? I would argue that it is not. I can have 90% sign intensity from mutagens.

Wouldn't higher sign intensity just be overkill when the opportunity cost to have something else would be more important.

I am far more interested in other things than sign intensity. It can be arbitrarily improved through many means like weapon upgrades etc, though a strong Axii helps with dialogue so that is mega important IMO (plus I love stunning a human opponent and seeing the kill animation, I absolutely love those can't get enough). I expect other skills will be far more useful (like the adrenaline for casting one, that is an absolute MUST for difficult battles).

I am far more interested in other things than sign intensity. It can be arbitrarily improved through many means like weapon upgrades etc, though a strong Axii helps with dialogue so that is mega important IMO (plus I love stunning a human opponent and seeing the kill animation, I absolutely love those can't get enough). I expect other skills will be far more useful (like the adrenaline for casting one, that is an absolute MUST for difficult battles).

I completely agree with you. Right now I am planning a build and I'm on the verge of taking off "Focus" from the general skill list because it doesn't seem worth losing a potential skill (don't know what I would go for though). The perk increases sign intensity for every adrenaline; I assume the increase would be based on every bar, so it could only be increased by 3x the rate. This rate is unknown and more than likely irrelevant. What is the difference between sign intensity (GENERAL ACROSS ALL SIGNS: No focus intensity, which is even more of a waste) at 110% and at 140%. I rather have more skills I could use.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Also, are the witch hunters after mages if
you chose to save triss at the end of Witcher 2 and staved off the massacre at Loc Muinee?

I was wondering the same.

I'm inclined to believe your decision in Witcher 2 doesn't really effect it based on the sheer amount of quests there are related to the Witch Hunters.

Er, the Now or Never quest in Novigrad, where you have to defeat the
Katakan
....is this shit bugged? He regenerates health from the moment you get your first hit on him, and it regenerates far too rapidly. Or am i just shit at the game?

I've heard Black Blood potions negate the ability but they're doing absolutely nothing of the sort.
I beat him using the thunderbolt potion and yrden. There is also a bomb that stops the regen but I'm not sure which one

I'm pretty bummed that the An Eye for an Eye quest is seemingly broken in my game.
Nothing I do gets Roche to show up at the tree. And I already completed A Deadly Plot.

Anustart

So I can't keep the game from "freezing" on my pc. Image will stop updating but you can keep doing stuff and hear it. Happens almost constantly, had no problems for first hour.

Gtx 760 4gb, 3570k, 8gb ram.

Anyone had this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom