• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFD

The music in this game is amazing, I'm having a blast just running around the wild and listening to it. The only other game that managed to do this is xenoblade.

Yes the music here is God tier. I particularly liked the music that played during
the interrogation scene
after leaving WO

OmegaDL50

Like..1% done ? Haha

So do you think that 200 hours to do everything that CD Projekt Red claimed is fairly accurate?

I mean EVERYTHING such as visit every point of interest, do every side questline, every Witcher hunt, etc.

Generally when devs claim a that game is +80 hours to do everything, I generally find it to be somewhat an exaggeration.

I mean I'm 17 hours into the game and only level 7, there is 95 question marks on my map I have yet to visit.

Also I have not cross the river North into the Novigrad region and visited the notice boards to unlock additional points of interest, and I haven't even visited Skellige yet.

So naturally I have TONS to do since I want to do everything.

Also since it took me 17 hours just to get to level 7 and the max level 70 and we don't have access to the expansions which adds yet another region full of it's own points of interests called Toussaint.

So that 200 hour play time to do absolutely everything has a slight ring of truth to it all things considered.

Herne

Finally? It's raining more than not in mine, heh.

Encountered a bug when helping the elf smith in Novigrad. When fighting
Van Hoorn
, he and his men were all killed, then suddenly there was no cutscene and the quest marker disappeared. Checking my journal, it said I failed. So I tried again, and killed him before any of his men. Just as the fight was ending, I saw him on his feet again with full health. Before I turned to face him or even had time to think, "The hell?", the cutscene triggered and the quest was completed.

Not bothered about it now as it's behind me, but still. Weird. Otherwise it's been smooth sailing. Very impressed with how few issues there's been. Well done to CDPR.

RDreamer

When your smacking on a Monster for a good 5-10+ Minutes with Fast Attacks the sword definitely degrades rather quickly. Don't think Certain Death and ??? level monsters degrade my swords faster its probably just the number of hits it takes to kill them.

Yeah, I suppose it's probably worse on Death March, but I've seen others complain of this too.

Jedi2016

I've only just gotten to Novigrad, and got my ass kicked by a couple of unarmed thugs. The game doesn't hold your hand when it comes to combat, that's for sure. I find myself leaving some quests and going back later when I'm properly prepared (like having Moon Dust before taking on a werewolf).

I'm not sure about some of the decisions I've made.
I killed Keira, although I wasn't planning on it.. she kind of went apeshit while I was trying to talk her out of doing anything crazy. I could have sent her to Kaer Morhen, but it wouldn't have been much better than where she was, plus she probably wouldn't have liked Letho's company.

As for the "Ladies of the Wood":
There doesn't seem to really be a "good" choice for this one (the tree spirit, I killed it), they both have rather steep consequences. I haven't gone back with the Baron yet, but I'm curious to see what Johnny thinks of all this.

What did people do with Fyke Isle?
I set the girl's spirit free, and realized too late that I'd made a mistake. I wonder if I get a contract later on to kill her? I think I may have missed a cutscene there, too... the guy didn't look like he was going to do anything, so I left only to hear screaming from the cabin as I was walking away.

viveks86

Hey Viveks would I be able to handle your Ini tweaks as well as the SweetFX with my pc?

i7 5820K@4.3ghz
GTX 970 G1 SLI@ (100MHZ/300MHZ OC)
16GB DDR4@2100MHZ
840 EVO SSD
Win 8.1

My goal is 30FPS locked and 1440P resolution and of course leave HairWorks on, is that possible?

That seems very realistic.

So there's actually a really horrible bug with one of the last boss fights. Upon reloading to try again after failing the boss just stood there, never went into any attack animations and would have let me flail away until the end had I not reloaded again.

Vinc

I love the game so far. Just started today and am about 7 hours in. It's my first Witcher game and I'm totally hooked. I really appreciate that the story and world aren't too hard to wrap my head around despite being new to the series. I'll check out Witcher 2 after.

The latter.

Awesome. Thanks very much!

Kama_1082

Banned
Fuck the werewolf fight.

And good lord, it takes forever to level up. I keep finding awesome plans that are only good at level 28-30. At this point, it doesn't look like I'll be there by the time I beat the game.

Shy

Do any of you fine people know where i can get "ground monster dust" (i think that's what it's called) because i want to make griffon gloves.

I would really appreciate. thank you.

EDIR: also what file do i have to get rid of, to stop those story recaps. ?

Trolls are always great in Witcher games. Witcher 2 had some great troll quests and so does Witcher 3. The troll near Oxenfurt is also hilarious.

Skyzard

Banned
y35Do5h.jpg

Is there a baron trader?

So do you think that 200 hours to do everything that CD Projekt Red claimed is fairly accurate?

I mean EVERYTHING such as visit every point of interest, do every side questline, every Witcher hunt, etc.

Generally when devs claim a that game is +80 hours to do everything, I generally find it to be somewhat an exaggeration.

I mean I'm 17 hours into the game and only level 7, there is 95 question marks on my map I have yet to visit.

Also I have not cross the river North into the Novigrad region and visited the notice boards to unlock additional points of interest, and I haven't even visited Skellige yet.

Also since it took me 17 hours just to get to level 7 and the max level 70 and we don't have access to the expansions which adds yet another region full of it's own points of interests called Toussaint.

So that 200 hour play time to do absolutely everything has a slight ring of truth to it all things considered.

I don't think 200 hours would be out of the question just based on looking at the map and the sheer amount of content. There's always gwent and the free expansions as well.

boskee

I am level 11, 75 hours in and I am not even done with Velen yet. I am baffled how anyone was able to beat it in 50 hours unless they skipped most of the side quests/random encounters/points of interest and treasure hunts. I pretty much try to clear all the villages before I move on and this game is a massive timesink.

I think I'm close to 40 hours, level 8. I think I'm mid way through the Bloody Baron quest. I do all of the sidequest I can and try to explore all of the area. I have 30 more points of interest in Velen and 10 left in White Orchard. I think I will hit the 200 mark. I just want to get to the point where I don't care about min-maxing my skills which to me will probably be around level 30.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hey guys, I think I've got a defective Roach.
http://i.imgur.com/VAKu9NE.jpg[IMG]

I mean, he keeps blocking the sun
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/bGtY50R.jpg[IMG]

Come on, Roach.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Bo7P6Pu.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

No, No. That's not defective.

You've just discovered SkyHorse.

Edzi

Can someone who has the collector's edition guide tell me about its quality, as well as how the included 96 page book that comes with it is? I'm curious to know how good it is as a guide book, but I'm also interested to know how nice it is when it comes to lore and artwork (and as an overall collector's item).

And since I'm already asking, does anyone know if "The World of the Witcher" is any good? I may be new to the Witcher, but I'm loving this game enough that I want to immerse myself in the lore.

Nose Master

...Not sure what determines "powerful" cards for the High Stakes quest. I have like 8 hero cards, but it says 4/5 still. Is it only counting 10+?

Moaradin

The inventory weight limit is starting to get a bit annoying. I bought a 30 slot saddle, but I'm still getting capped like every 20 minutes.

I remember it being a pain in the ass during Witcher 2 also.

Shy

Reposting for new page. sorry.

Do any of you fine people know where i can get "ground monster dust" (i think that's what it's called) because i want to make griffon gloves.

also what file do i have to get rid of, to stop those story recaps. ?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Reposting for new page. sorry.

If I remember correctly, just dismantle monster parts.

Jedi2016

How do so many people have full inventories? I need to keep dismantling and selling stuff because I need the money.
I pick up a lot of crap, but I also don't look everything in sight like some people apparently do. I sell most of it when I start getting full, only dismantling a few things here and there. Haven't gotten too deep into crafting yet.

Venom Fox

Banned
Ok, I'm stuck.
On the
Barons
quest I found
the daughter
and now it's telling me to follow up remaining leads in velen.

Theres no quest markers...

Dresden

Rend is immensely satisfying to land. Hitting someone with a 2.5k crit feels so good.

Fuck the werewolf fight.

And good lord, it takes forever to level up. I keep finding awesome plans that are only good at level 28-30. At this point, it doesn't look like I'll be there by the time I beat the game.

Nah, main questlines level you up fast.

So I was treasure hunting for the Cat school gear earlier and fell upon a purple aura door in Est Taylar, do any of you know how to cast it away so I can enter?

There's a quest later for it.

Nose Master

Gwent AI is so bad sometimes. Just had a guy creaming me with 60 or so worth of dudes in the front row... and then he uses a biting frost as his last card and loses. Why would you do that?

Jedi2016

Fuck the werewolf fight.
Which one? I've encountered two or three so far. Two that I remember clearly because they kicked my ass. Moon Dust bombs are a must, they'll stop them from regenerating health. On one fight, the bomb wore off and I missed with my second one, couldn't do enough damage to get him down after that.

Speaking of bombs and such... is there an upgrade or something later on that will allow me to carry more bombs and potions? Two bombs and three potions isn't a lot... I can burn through three Swallow in one fight.

How are Geralt's armours, Gaf? Of what I've seen in footage, aside from his leather and chain mail getup, they all look kind of hideous; overly colourful, gaudy and stripes errrrrrrrwhere. Armour sets are a massive thing for me in games like this.

Gaz_RB

How are Geralt's armours, Gaf? Of what I've seen in footage, aside from his leather and chain mail getup, they all look kind of hideous; overly colourful, gaudy and stripes errrrrrrrwhere. Armour sets are a massive thing for me in games like this.

Early game armor sucks, late game armor rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom