• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

viveks86

Deflecting arrows back at the enemy is so satisfying. I never thought I'd be forced to use it strategically in combat. Alert them from a distance, take out the archers first, and then the rest head on.

OmegaDL50

Isn't there a story spoiler thread? I'm seeing so many black bars and starting to get nervous. I still in Velen and haven't gone to Novigrad yet.

The game hasn't been out for 5 days, and I'm already worried about reading this thread now.

bidguy

Banned
is the tree spirit gonna come back and bite me in the ass ? seemed like the good thing to do was to free it but it felt like a "ive made a huge mistake" moment afterwards

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Good Lord this game is nuts.

Think I'm near the end of the overall Family Matters quests. :O
(love that I went back and forth on these missions and Keira's missions, and finding out about Gran. Wonder what happens if you burn through the Baron's plot there, without going to Keira at all.)

F5FD7296D97E7B34D2F6999CCCCC081717325B60
51F1741F80F98F81B4E4CDDA9A8CCC79565C36BF

639783363E8E27120679A2B9A3C9431B5CDAB7FD
BF703F906568F740051D2998A4C5366EEF576AA2

B60FEC824D7066915C147EFE26BAE8D6AB39692E

Just a few pictures from this one vista I found after leaving a cave. Ominous Tree is Ominous. Plus, just crazy how good the lighting is throughout the day, even if the wee hours of the morning aren't very dark.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
is the tree spirit gonna come back and bite me in the ass ? seemed like the good thing to do was to free it but it felt like a "ive made a huge mistake" moment afterwards

It will definitely have some huge implications on how the story plays out.

Venom Fox

Banned
Good Lord this game is nuts.

Think I'm near the end of the overall Family Matters quests. :O
(love that I went back and forth on these missions and Keira's missions, and finding out about Gran. Wonder what happens if you burn through the Baron's plot there, without going to Keira at
Which one is
Keira's
quest?

Maximo

Isn't there a story spoiler thread? I'm seeing so many black bars and starting to get nervous. I still in Velen and haven't gone to Novigrad yet.

The game hasn't been out for 5 days, and I'm already worried about reading this thread now.

It might be a good idea for someone to make in the near future so everyone can discuss it properly, Witcher 3 already has this thread, Downgrade one, and Gwent so alot of Threads at the moment.
Edit: Not even sure A Spoiler thread would work you would only be able to discuss the main quest as alot of characters and interesting things happen in side quests, you would have to gray them out anyway.

Prine

Banned
Man the creatures here are on another level of creativity. Those Foglings man, the way they turn into mist and eventually take shape is beautiful. God damn this game!!! Spent 4 hours on Barons quest and there's twists and turns everywhere.

This is by far the most fleshed out story telling ive seen in a game, a new benchmark. Id venture forward and say its the greatest use of story ive seen in all of gaming. 10/10 from me holy shit.

Lonestar

Which one is Keiras quest?

Well, first the one that you go with her into the cave that leads to her finding a lamp (and watching the mask elf's "videos". Afterwards, your Ciri clues point to the Bog (witches). This lead me to finding that village with Gran and the kids (serious Hanzel and Gretel stuff going on). Then having to find a character named Johnny, and this eventually leads to getting a mission from the 3 witches to go take care of a forest spirit or something.

My wondering, is if I just went straight to the Baron missions, all the way to going after Anna, would we all show up to that little village with kids around, or any witches?

There's a crapload of world out there, and I've spent 30 hours more or less in this area, and it's been all great.

NeoSna[U said:
ke;164980983]Man, that Shakira style wailing music is starting to get to me.
Might have to turn it down a bit.

Anyway does anybody know which quest is the
Keira
quest?

Had you not seen her at all? Was the "witch" character in Velen, when you first get your directions to find Ciri. She's in a town southeast of where the Baron's main city is.

Haven't been able to play this game much in the last two days. Not a happy camper. I should be able to put in a solid session tomorrow though. Can't wait.

Megasoum

Banned
I love the game for sure but I really need to start quicksaving more... I just died from stupid fall damage after like 30min of point of interest exploring with no checkpoint saves....sigh.

Lonestar

I love the game for sure but I really need to start quicksaving more... I just died from stupid fall damage after like 30min of point of interest exploring with no checkpoint saves....sigh.

Would love if I could find a setting that would make this every 5 minutes or so. As it is now, I pretty much try to save every time I think a fight is happening, mainly because I kept dying from everything early (not as bad now, as I've hit level 10)

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Though if you get the medium armor perk that gives you stamina regen for each medium armor piece, wouldn't it be the same if not better than wearing light armor? Honestly k wish heavy armor was better, because the ursine set looks so much cooler than the other two.

I suppose that sole characteristic would be the same, yes. But the light armor perk gives bonuses to critical damage and fast strike damage. So the optimal build their is quick strikes (more damage and critical chance), cat school techniques, and light armor.

If you don't get hit a lot, it's a pretty devastating setup.

All the get-ups complement varied play styles, I don't think any is better than any other. Just depends on how one feels like playing.

Shouta

Oh man, I love using Terrain in this game so much. I went treasure hunting and found two guys that were chased into a cave by wyverns and I climb up to the top to find two. They were level 21 while I was 15 which meant they were red to me.

Instead of fighting them on the mountain, I lured 1 by 1 into the cave just a bit where they couldn't fly away. I popped my Wyvern Concotion (increases damage for every hit you land until potion runs out or you get hit), a Tawny Owl and an Enhanced Thunderbolt hen went to town on the Wyvern because it had limited ways to attack me. Just spammed my swift attack and brought my shield up when it got brought down. My swings were hitting 500+ after awhile and brought it town fairly quickly.

Edit: Oh shit! Royal Wyvern after. D=

Vinc

So after you beat the main storyline, do you go straight to NG+ or can you keep roaming around exploring the world / doing side-quests?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Information about resetting skill points
Should I buy this potion from Keira when I have the chance early in the game or will I get the opportunity later? I have the money now and I'd like to keep it around just in case but it's taken a long time to get to this level of financial stability and I'm worried that I'll be using that money to soon... I suppose that money is there to spend and if not this then something else.
To answer this,
you can find another merchant with the skill potion later. Unfortunately, I don't recall which/where off-hand, but IIRC it was an herbalist in/close to Novigraad. Also, as time goes on and you keep selling spoils, money starts racking up. I'm in Skellige, admittedly after doing the majority of the quests, and I have near 20k in gold.

Thanks! Quoting myself from the PC performance thread. It has SweetFX settings as well as INI tweaks. Hope you have a high end rig to handle it as it's going to need resolutions higher than 1080p to yield good results.

Hey Viveks would I be able to handle your Ini tweaks as well as the SweetFX with my pc?

i7 5820K@4.3ghz
GTX 970 G1 SLI@ (100MHZ/300MHZ OC)
16GB DDR4@2100MHZ
840 EVO SSD
Win 8.1

My goal is 30FPS locked and 1440P resolution and of course leave HairWorks on, is that possible?

Also one question guys about the main quests,will I be locked out of some quests if I pursue others? Example:
Keira Questline and the Bloody Baron Questline

Thanks.(This game already looks beautiful without any tweaks,I love it)

Death March becomes so much more manageable at higher levels. Right now I'm still doing quests at Velen. I'm trying to get the Griffin gear, then I'll continue with the main quest.

robotrock

Banned
So I think I've encountered a problem with the Bloody Barron questline.
I had recieved details of his daughter's whereabouts, and so I then went back to the Barron and told him I knew where she was, and he said go look for her. I then told him I also know where his wife was (since I did that sidequest with the Godling and three witches), and I can't go find the daughter anymore.

What do?

So I think I've encountered a problem with the Bloody Barron questline.
I had recieved details of his daughter's whereabouts, and so I then went back to the Barron and told him I knew where she was, and he said go look for her. I then told him I also know where his wife was (since I did that sidequest with the Godling and three witches), and I can't go find the daughter anymore.

What do?

Just keep doing the Velen main quests.

Qassim

Does anyone know where I can buy or get some rope? I had a rope ladder in my inventory that I could salvage into some rope, but I still need one more piece. Tried a few merchants and armourers, but no luck :(

rashbeep

Banned
Man the creatures here are on another level of creativity. Those Foglings man, the way they turn into mist and eventually take shape is beautiful. God damn this game!!! Spent 4 hours on Barons quest and there's twists and turns everywhere.

This is by far the most fleshed out story telling ive seen in a game, a new benchmark. Id venture forward and say its the greatest use of story ive seen in all of gaming. 10/10 from me holy shit.

Had a grin on my face the first time I encountered one. It killed me but I didn't care.

RDreamer

Just finished what I suppose is Act 1
Keira and Baron's whole quest line including the Crone stuff

Bravo CDPR. This is some of the best writing in video gaming (Ok The Last of Us is probably the best). I got my $60 right there. It's crazy to think there's so much more.

Alright, will do.
Will the Daughter stuff eventually come back up?

Yes.

That's one thing about Witcher games. Quests that don't seem connected eventually tangle together magnificently.

Maximo

Think im going to mod it to stop equipment needing to be repaired, its actively stopping me from taking on the harder Quests/Monsters. I don't have a problem with fighting stuff 8+ levels on Death March..its just sometimes the fight takes so long my Silver Sword needs to be repaired mid fight...

RDreamer

Think im going to mod it to stop equipment needing to be repaired, its actively stopping me from taking on the harder Quests/Monsters. I don't have a problem with fighting stuff 8+ levels on Death March..its just sometimes the fight takes so long my Silver Sword needs to be repaired mid fight...

I really wonder what people are doing differently. I'm not on Death March (Blood and Broken Bones), but I've only needed to repair my silver sword 3 times so far out of like 30 hours.

Skyzard

Banned
Finally! Decent rain =]

28iAZCu.jpg

Also the moving cloud shadows were pretty cool here too.

I get the feeling the stuttering while panning the camera at low speeds could be to do with it jumping between speeds depending on how much you've pushed it even at ultra low speeds and right stick movements maybe.

Forkball

Wait a damn minute.

Is whether or not WITCHER 1 SPOILERS
Alvin is the Grandmaster
ever resolved?

I was just thinking about it.
There is actually a small quest line about it. It blew my mind, but those who didn't play the first game won't think anything of it.

Maximo

I really wonder what people are doing differently. I'm not on Death March (Blood and Broken Bones), but I've only needed to repair my silver sword 3 times so far out of like 30 hours.
When your smacking on a Monster for a good 5-10+ Minutes with Fast Attacks the sword definitely degrades rather quickly. Don't think Certain Death and ??? level monsters degrade my swords faster its probably just the number of hits it takes to kill them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom