• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedi2016

I don't even remember which one I'm wearing now.. it's the one with white and blue diamonds. Ugly as fuck. The rest of the outfit doesn't look bad, but man, that shirt is hideous. Can't wait to replace it, but I haven't picked up anything better yet (and I keep forgetting that crafting is a thing).

Corpekata

Banned
How are Geralt's armours, Gaf? Of what I've seen in footage, aside from his leather and chain mail getup, they all look kind of hideous; overly colourful, gaudy and stripes errrrrrrrwhere. Armour sets are a massive thing for me in games like this.

You're gonna be wearing a blanket armor at some point for a few hours more than likely.

OmegaDL50

I downloaded the free OST that comes with my GoG copy of the game,

I listened to the entire soundtrack and it's fantastic, however there are some tracks that are seemingly missing.

For example I can't find the song that plays when you visit the village of Lindenvale
That village that was destroyed by the Wild Hunt and basically turned into Winter

Perhaps I missed it, it's a dark and sad melody, befitting of a
destroyed village

Aeana

What a clever name for a troll.

CFvBkuZVAAA4EUj.png:large

Jedi2016

I downloaded the free OST that comes with my GoG copy of the game,

I listened to the entire soundtrack and it's fantastic, however there are some tracks that are seemingly missing.

For example I can't find the song that plays when you visit the village of Lindenvale
That village that was destroyed by the Wild Hunt and basically turned into Winter

Perhaps I missed it, it's a dark and sad melody, befitting of a
destroyed village
That's not Lindenvale. I forget the name.. starts with an "H". Heathglen or some such. But yeah, I know the one.

Crumbtiny

Can someone who has the collector's edition guide tell me about its quality, as well as how the included 96 page book that comes with it is? I'm curious to know how good it is as a guide book, but I'm also interested to know how nice it is when it comes to lore and artwork (and as an overall collector's item).

And since I'm already asking, does anyone know if "The World of the Witcher" is any good? I may be new to the Witcher, but I'm loving this game enough that I want to immerse myself in the lore.

I really like the little grimoire that comes with the guide. It's a nice summary about the major players and lore and it has an awesome art style to it.

The guide itself is just ok. It's got good general info, but not as helpful as it could be. For example, I'm having a bastard of a time with a certain werewolf fight. Turns out a certain bomb might be able to counteract its ability to regen health. The guide doesn't bother to mention it. It just summarizes the steps and possible outcomes. But, like I said, the grimoire is pretty neat.

Can't speak to the World of the Witcher. I'm kind of curious about it myself.

I was wearing this rad heavy armour I found for about ten hours (Armour of Mag Deira, I think it's called), but then I found some plans for a Bounty Hunter Gambeson that gives me +25, but its bright yellow and blue and not exactly stylish. I took the opportunity to get a shave and a haircut and reinvent myself until I find something better.

Corpekata

Banned
Haven't found any yet so curious if the early rumors that respec potions didn't give you back ability points from Places of Power were true. Anyone used one yet?

Gaz_RB

I was wearing this rad heavy armour I found for about ten hours (Armour of Mag Deira, I think it's called), but then I found some plans for a Bounty Hunter Gambeson that gives me +25, but its bright yellow and blue and not exactly stylish. I took the opportunity to get a shave and a haircut and reinvent myself until I find something better.

Yeah that's what I'm wearing now-- such good stats....such ugly clothes.

Maximo

Whats the difference between Light.Medium,Heavy Armour ? I initially thought light gave you better mobility and stamina regeneration.

Corpekata

Banned
Whats the difference between Light.Medium,Heavy Armour ? I initially thought light gave you better mobility and stamina regeneration.

That's the basics but they also play into the talents you take. There's talents that improve your Strong Attack the more Heavy Armor pieces you wear for instance.

Every piece of armour tells you exactly what it does... Light armour has improved stamina regeneration and mobility, and the other two offer better protection. Which is better depends a lot on the enemy you're facing and Geralt's current build.

Forkball

Yeah that's what I'm wearing now-- such good stats....such ugly clothes.

Level 100 armor:
enhanced-buzz-4380-1345234000-1.jpg

I am mostly wearing the griffin set and I actually do look like a witcher. Seems like the witcher school gear is your typical leather and chainmail look, while most other stuff is random tabards and steel plate and renaissance fair gear.

Sorian

Banned

Perks associated with each and then yeah, light should give more stamina regen, medium should give more sign intensity, heavy is just a lot of defense. I don't remember the perks offhand, light armor gave crit chance and heavy gave more health I think? Blanking completely on medium.

I still need to psych myself up to even start TW3. I feel like I'll ruin the experience if I'm not in the proper mood. It's a bit of a bummer, because it means I've spent far less time playing it than I would other games... though on the other hand, the whole thing has been rather transcendant so I guess this strategy's not all bad.
From several pages back (this thread moves so fast)
#teamcatschool

Geralt looks weird in t-shirts. Do not dig.

So, Wild at Heart quest,
you guys kill him or spared him? I felt I had to kill him, if only to end his suffering and he might harm others in the future.

So I encountered both the major bugs, as far as unable to load from the start screen and wiping save files. In my experience, it seems to be related to the suspend/resume function on xbox one AND playing straight from when I could with the installation from disc. It's all good though, since I went back and cleared the starter area.

Jedi2016

So, Wild at Heart quest,
you guys kill him or spared him? I felt I had to kill him, if only to end his suffering and he might harm others in the future.
Spoilers for other ending to that quest (are there only two?):
I let him live after the sister showed up and spilled the beans. Nillen says he'll kill her for what she did to Anna, and I took the "This is between you, I'm going to stay out of it" choice, but Geralt warns Nillen that he'll kill him on sight in the future. Nillen kills the sister and, despite Geralt's warning, follows him outside afterwards and begs Geralt to kill him, which he does without giving the player the choice (I would have done it at that point anyway).

Bytes

What the heck is up with the voice actors in this series? With the possible exception of Geralt, it seems like they have changed all the voice actors with every game.

Dandelion
in particular sounds like he has aged thirty years
if the loading screens are anything to go by

GravyButt

Notice in pictures that geralt shows up in the inventory screen. Im playing on ps4 and he showed up on it the first time I looked in my inventory. Ever since then where he's supposed to be is just black. Weird.

I've barely gotten into crafting am I better off just selling stuff right now rather than dismantling stuff?

Also is there a storage locker or something? I got a feeling ill be over encumbered sooner than later and will find something good and be stuck with a tough decision.

A little disappointed in how quest rewards scale. Managed to do a quest about 10 levels above me, my reward from the master blacksmith who was going to forge me an amazing weapon was some shitty sword actually below my level.

Corpekata

Banned
What the heck is up with the voice actors in this series? With the possible exception of Geralt, it seems like they have changed all the voice actors with every game.

Dandelion

Because he has. The loading screens are being told in a flashback format, so he's telling the story to someone when he's older.

Maximo

some of the quests in Velen/Novigrad are too high for me I guess I should head to Skellige and finish some there and come back later..

Yeah definitely I think too many people put off Skellige for too long, it has alot of quests that are lower level then Novigrade.

Edzi

I really like the little grimoire that comes with the guide. It's a nice summary about the major players and lore and it has an awesome art style to it.

The guide itself is just ok. It's got good general info, but not as helpful as it could be. For example, I'm having a bastard of a time with a certain werewolf fight. Turns out a certain bomb might be able to counteract its ability to regen health. The guide doesn't bother to mention it. It just summarizes the steps and possible outcomes. But, like I said, the grimoire is pretty neat.

Can't speak to the World of the Witcher. I'm kind of curious about it myself.

Tbh, the grimoire that comes with it is what has me most interested, but it sounds like the World of the Witcher might essentially be a bigger, more in depth version of the grimoire so I'm considering just going for that... I wish I could just pick up the grimoire for cheap separately though, I'm not sure I want to buy the CE guide just for that.

Forkball

Where can I find someone to craft me the griffin school gear? I'm way under level for hattori

The dwarf at Crow's Perch. The Baron's town. He can craft journeyman armor, and the blacksmith in the southeast part of Oxenfurt (not the guy in the building) can craft journeyman swords.

Is there a non-Hattori blacksmith in Novigrad? The place seems too big for just one.

Dandelion
Never played any other Witcher games and Geralt sounds exactly like Solid Snake to me lol its actually kinda funny in some situations.

Sai

Spoilers for other ending to that quest (are there only two?):
I let him live after the sister showed up and spilled the beans. Nillen says he'll kill her for what she did to Anna, and I took the "This is between you, I'm going to stay out of it" choice, but Geralt warns Nillen that he'll kill him on sight in the future. Nillen kills the sister and, despite Geralt's warning, follows him outside afterwards and begs Geralt to kill him, which he does without giving the player the choice (I would have done it at that point anyway).
I went through this thrice, eventually decided to prevent the sister-in-law's death because the werewolf's loot was limited to that key alone otherwise.

I really wanted that Werewolf Mutagen. :p

So yeah, I'm pretty invested in this game, had trouble making a pretty minor decision.

A Greedy God quest:
Do I reveal to the peasants that the god their village has been worshipping and giving offerings to for over a century was just a selfish dick or let them live the lie. In most games I would go with the obvious option of revealing the misdeed because whatever, but these are people who are having super tough times with the war, why destroy one of their few hopes by showing how they and their forefathers were exploited.

Alucrid

Banned
playing on death march and after the very first battle, it just seemed to get easier from then on. the boss of the prologue was a complete joke. does it get more difficult later on or what? i mean i haven't even spent any ability points yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom