• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Axii really trivializes 95% of the fights in this game. Everything is a joke lol.

I can even Axii some "bosses".

Just wait until you try Quen. Although honestly a lot of the tougher enemies in the game become rather easy to evade, you can still Quen your way through the mobs that love to get cheap shots in.

So is it almost pitch black in caves for anyone else? Can't see shit in them.

Light up your torch. You need to equip it from the inventory first.

Can't have a troll that close to the town. Sorry.

Plus his name is shit, his theme is shit, and I didn't want to do some dumb puzzle for him.

I think he gave me some crazy ass sword.

Just wait until you try Quen. Although honestly a lot of the tougher enemies in the game become rather easy to evade, you can still Quen your way through the mobs that love to get cheap shots in.

Nah, Quen runs out. Easy to get hit consecutively. Also, not to mention Quen takes your whole bar while you can turn enemies into allies with a sliver of stamina.

Axii, puts them on your side, and then you chop down your "ally". You won't even get attacked once if you do it right. Fighting multiple groups? Axii a couple of them and they'll kill each other until there's one left.

the puzzle was nothing really,
all you had to do was buy paint.

Good. I didn't feel like spending money anyway!

There was one other puzzle where it gave me the choice to either help out the
burwick or kid fairy or whatever
that was haunting the house or flush'em out. I did the latter because it was probably something asinine and it was a cunt anyway.

So yeah, I'm pretty invested in this game, had trouble making a pretty minor decision.

A Greedy God quest:
Do I reveal to the peasants that the god their village has been worshipping and giving offerings to for over a century was just a selfish dick or let them live the lie. In most games I would go with the obvious option of revealing the misdeed because whatever, but these are people who are having super tough times with the war, why destroy one of their few hopes by showing how they and their forefathers were exploited.

During the conversation, they were pretty shitty to my boy, but I didn't wanna drop their hopes. So I fixed the problem by making the offerings be literally anything.

justjim89

I'm currently level 8, just met the Bloody Baron and Gretka for the first time. Baron seems like a great character and Gretka is about the cutest little video game girl I've ever seen. I'm positively terrified as to what may yet befall the both of them.

When should I start looking into finding the Witcher school armors? I found some stuff for Cat school but it's way ahead of my level. What's the best armor currently usable for me? I just made some upgraded hunter or mercenary armor (the yellow and black one) that has 64 defense.

It's been said many times before, but the sheer amount of quality content in this game is staggering. I'm throughly impressed by this game and there's just so much more to do and see.

Forkball

I'm currently level 8, just met the Bloody Baron and Gretka for the first time. Baron seems like a great character and Gretka is about the cutest little video game girl I've ever seen. I'm positively terrified as to what may yet befall the both of them.

When should I start looking into finding the Witcher school armors? I found some stuff for Cat school but it's way ahead of my level. What's the best armor currently usable for me? I just made some upgraded hunter or mercenary armor (the yellow and black one) that has 64 defense.

At level 8 you can go get the griffin gear items. The quest isn't too difficult and the armors are unlocked at level 8 anyways. It's a lot of fun and has a good story behind it if you pay attention to the notes.

Ghost23

Do you mind keeping me (and this thread) updated.

Is sign intensity even that important once you have better mutagens? I would argue that it is not. I can have 90% sign intensity from mutagens.

Wouldn't higher sign intensity just be overkill when the opportunity cost to have something else would be more important.

Yea I'll keep you guys updated, though I'm sure people that are farther in the game will figure out the optimal builds before I get there. I think you're right though, the sign intensity may become overkill after a certain amount. I think I'm going to stick with feline for now. I'm not going to worry too much about being completely optimal right now - I can always just respec.

ViciousDS

Banned
Got to
first time playing Ciri against the Wolves.... Wow I love her, her character, DAT Sword!, and her uber ghosting dodge....she's fucking amazing!

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Why the hell aren't smiths marked on the map after you have found them? You can't make notes on the map either. Pretty shitty.

SugarDave

Haven't posted in this thread as I've been utterly enthralled by this since it came out, but I just had to stop and say how brilliant it is. The writing puts so many other games to shame, and the music is perfect.

The quality has been consistent as well, even down to the minute long quests. Impressive for such an enormous game. I must be 50 hours in and I haven't even gone to the Skellige Isles.

(Triss spoilers)
Keeping my cool while she was being tortured in the Hunter barracks was gruelling to say the least, really cool and fucked up situation CDPR set up for us there. I chose to let her go in the end as well which was brutal and actually made me feel horrible, there's very few games that have ever made me feel like that, but Yennefer is the one for Geralt.

I love the game.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
So i need some advice regarding Keira Metz:
If i had sex with her and let her go to Kaer Morhen does that complicate things up with my LI (Triss or Yen) ?

Nah, Quen runs out. Easy to get hit consecutively. Also, not to mention Quen takes your whole bar while you can turn enemies into allies with a sliver of stamina.

Axii, puts them on your side, and then you chop down your "ally". You won't even get attacked once if you do it right. Fighting multiple groups? Axii a couple of them and they'll kill each other until there's one left.

Ah it seems levelled up Axii is also crazy powerful then. Quen grows well since it allows you to take multiple hits eventually and also stuns enemies when it breaks leaving time for a critical and escape. I think I'll give Axii a go on my next playthrough. Currently on Death March so it may prove pretty handy.

Warablo

Is there anything to do at end game? No spoilers please. I hope the DLC adds some crazy stuff.

It's hard to live with your decisions in this game, I always second guess myself. Driving my OCD like crazy, but its a great game.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Why the hell aren't smiths marked on the map after you have found them? You can't make notes on the map either. Pretty shitty.

Seems to be glitched, since everything else sticks. You can find the damn fish head salesman anytime you want, after all.

I actual fast traveled out of Novigrad in the middle of a quest to repair my shit, then fast traveled back. Hope it's fixed soon.

Crumbtiny

Really? Didn't give me any trouble on death march.
i oiled me blade

I'll have to try that. I'm just terrible at getting away from him. Hits me pretty hard and regens his health all the while. Watching Game of Thrones with the wife now, but he'll get his before I sleep tonight.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Seems to be glitched, since everything else sticks. You can find the damn fish head salesman anytime you want, after all.

I actual fast traveled out of Novigrad in the middle of a quest to repair my shit, then fast traveled back. Hope it's fixed soon.

Know where I can fibd an easy to locate weaponsmith?

void666

Banned
Seriously, this game is a masterpiece. I'm loving everything about it.
Combat is very fun. I admit controls can be improved though.
I spent quite some time fighting pirates, bandits. Large groups. BBB difficulty.
Having to keep moving constantly, use signs, bombs, potions. It's really fun.

CDProjekt, you have my wallet.

TheTurboFD

Anyone know how to level up faster? Been doing a lot of the (?) on the map as well as doing witcher contracts and side quests but after doing a ton of those I'm still only level 13. My story mission is like recommended 16. I have all these level 25-40 armor and weapons and I can't use them lol

TraBuch

Banned
Anyone else not like the third area? Find it pretty damn annoying.
Water travel sucks, flying monsters that attack while traveling on water suck, points of interest in the water all over the place suck. Basically, water sucks.

So i need some advice regarding Keira Metz:
If i had sex with her and let her go to Kaer Morhen does that complicate things up with my LI (Triss or Yen) ?

this question goes by with no answer with every time its asked lol. I honestly dont know, but my guess is
i dont think it will affect anything

Hairworks looks so good on bears.

7jhS0S5.jpg
I'm digging the bearworks here.

Still trucking away at sidequests over here. Getting around in Skellige takes a shitload of time though. Looks absolutely gorgeous, however. Out-Skyrims the Skyrim look.

OmegaDL50

Some interesting info folks.

Max level is 70 which means 69 skill points earned through leveling, this does not include additional skill points gained through Places of Power.

Combat (Red) skill tree has 20 skills total with 2nd, 3rd, and 4th tier of skills opening at 10, 20, and 30 skill points invested. A total of 91 skill points is required to max out the entire Combat Tree, which is naturally is impossible unless you invest all 69 levels worth of points and find an an additional 21 Places of Power.

Signs (Blue) skill tree has 20 skills total with 2nd, 3rd, and 4th tier of skills opening at 6, 18, and 28 skill points invested, A total of 79 skill points are needed to completely max out the Signs skill tree.

Alchemy (Green) skill tree also is 20 skills, 2nd tier needs 8 points, 3rd tier is 20, and 4th tier is 28. A total of 90 skill points to max the entire tree.

Yellow skill tree has 10 skills for 10 points each.

There is 70 skills spread across the 4 trees at a grand total of 270 skill points needed to max out everything.

In short it is not possible to max out every single skill in the game. You have however with some careful planning and enough Places of Power visited acquire enough skill points and getting to level 70, it's possible to at least have enough points to max out 15 to 20 skills total of your choosing.

Since you can equip a max of 12 skills total upon reach 30. There should be a enough points to obtain to max out any 12 skills of your choice.

On top of using Potions of Clearance you have good degree of flexibility to tailor your Geralt.

But know that you won't ever come to making some ultimate maxed out Geralt without a mod that gives more skill points per level.

Plan your builds carefully folks, and have fun!

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Oh ok, where do I go to start the quest?

You pick up any of the armors out of order, but it will start officially by

Going to the Light House South West of Norvigard. Lorkun or some such. There will be a draw bridge up, and a place of power nearby. Go to the place of power and explore. You'll find a way in. Once you get in, there will be a ladder on your right. Go up it. Do not go up the stairs. Death awaits.

For anyone with the Lamp:
If the Place of Haunting in Frishlow (haven't found any others) bugged for you. Nothing happens.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Know where I can fibd an easy to locate weaponsmith?

For repairs, my go-to guy in Velen is in Blackbough. He's close to the signpost, sw corner of the little town. Sometimes he glitches and you have to meditate for an hour (at least on my PS4 copy), but he's easy to get to & easy to find.

For a journeyman for crafting weapons, yeah, that's a different story. That guy is in the southeastern quadrant of Oxenfurt's main island. Fast travel to the western gate signpost and head east, hope he shows up on your mini-map. Because I deeply empathise, I took a screenshot on the Oxenfurt guy

Dresden

Been doing some contracts, and poison from the poisoned blades talent is kinda broken right now. I guess it deals a percentage of their health as damage, and ticks per second, which would be fine if the damage was capped against larger hp pools. It's not, though, so against a leshen it was ticking for like 1k a second. Just melted it down.

Skyzard

Banned
SkNiq02.jpg

I'm playing like this now, most hud elements off. Health bar and items come up during combat automatically. Making do with no minimap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom