• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

Does anyone know where I can but the soundtrack for the game? I'm in NA and I'd like a physical copy if possible. I can't seem to order it anywhere.

Every physical copy of the game comes with OST that is on the CD. Other than that I don't know other ways to get it on CD, at least not yet.

boskee

Why I have to wait 4 more hours CDPR?

I have to work tomorrow, damnit!. You want me to wait a long work day until I can play the game? That's torture.

That's what holidays are for.

38JVZB2.png

Stoze

The fact of the matter is that
the North is so much better off under the rule of the relatively tolerant Nilfgaardian Empire and Emhyr var Emreis, Deithwen Addan yn Carn aep Morvudd (the White Flame Dancing on the Barrows of his Enemies) than any of those petty monarchs of the North!

But..but..what about Upper Aedirn/Vergen?

I pray we get to see Saskia again

woen

Why did the title change ?

Also, 2h in game and I enjoy it. The game is beautiful on PS4, but there may be too many things or details on screen for me (or maybe my eyes are just tired?). How Gerald behave/is controlled is not how I would have done it, I'm still a fan of Rockstar's moving system. The combat system seems great so far.I may upgrade to the "hard" difficulty but I find it annoying that you can't gain health by meditation. I already saw the sidequests I did on stream, no surprises here.

My Tritton headset is fucked up with the game voices, I tried everything (in-game options and Tritton options) but it doesn't work.

Also, why can't I change the motion blur ? It can be changed on PC! And it ruins everything.

Whoa, that OT. This is the potential GOTY right here. Really excited for it, unfortunately it looks as though my pre-order will arrive late :( Will join in as quickly as I can though.

patapuf

I have a question: is Geralts horse named after Roche?

No, it's a polish wordplay but i forgot from what exactly

Found it:

Roach (Polish: Płotka) is the name that Geralt of Rivia, the witcher, gives to all of his horses. His preference is for mares. It's worth noting that the original Polish word "płotka" is a diminutive form, the regular word is "Płoć" meaning that, rather than Roach, the horse's name should have been translated as "Roachy" or "Roachie". Similar to a regular name like "Tom" for instance - "Tommy". Moreover, the word is female gendered which probably explains Geralt's preference for mares - a stallion couldn't be called that. The tender tone as well as the gender of the name is lost in the translation.

realcZk

Why did the title change ?

Also, 2h in game and I enjoy it. The game is beautiful on PS4, but there may be too many things or details on screen for me (or maybe my eyes are just tired?). How Gerald behave/is controlled is not how I would have done it, I'm still a fan of Rockstar's moving system. The combat system seems great so far.I may upgrade to the "hard" difficulty but I find it annoying that you can't gain health by meditation. I already saw the sidequests I did on stream, no surprises here.

My Tritton headset is fucked up with the game voices, I tried everything (in-game options and Tritton options) but it doesn't work.

Also, why can't I change the motion blur ? It can be changed on PC! And it ruins everything.

GTAV's movement was good, but I can't help but feel a little disconnected with it's movement style. It helps to lower the deadzone sensitivity in-game to make it more responsive (defaults are crazy high to me) but turning still feels weird to me. In this game when you diagonally move the analog do you instantly go in that direction vs slowly turning to that direction like GTA games?

Edzi

The OT mentioned that we have to make some choices at the beginning of the game based on what happened in the first two. This is going to be my first Witcher game, so I was wondering if this was mandatory or if there was some kind of default choice option designed for new players?

ironcreed

Banned
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-18-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-review

Eurogamer gave the highest score possible on their site: Essential

CD Projekt brings all this to life to thrilling effect. The landscape is rugged and fertile, sometimes twisted but never bleak, soaked in a sense of place so pungent you can smell it. It's lit by lurid orange sunsets breaking under ashen storm clouds, and lashed by wind and rain. (The decision to animate the trees fully in the wind must have caused the programmers untold pain, but boy is there an atmospheric pay-off.) It feels alive. What impresses most is the combination of sheer size with a kind of geographical intimacy, every creek and ruin feeling like a place with a past. It is, as Matt Wales claimed last week, a masterpiece of world-building.

This is why I love The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. It is crass in some places and overreaching in others, but despite its grandeur and its fantastical setting, it is a game made by, for and about human beings. It's lewd and perverse and poetic and hot-blooded. It's huge yet crafted; its systems are purposeful and it doesn't have a whiff of design by committee. It will last you months, yet not waste your time. Above all, it has a vivid, enduring personality, something that is exceedingly rare among its breed of mega-budget open-world epics (and that will probably be rarer still once Hideo Kojima and Konami part ways later this year). For my money, it's the greatest role-playing game in years.

Sounds like a rare jewel indeed.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Is there any way to check your Witcher 2 save for which decisions you made? I think I remember what I did in all situations, but there are a few from the checklist I'm not absolutely 100% on. I played TW2 on PC but will be playing this on PS4, and I do want my world state to carry over.

Does anyone have the list of choices you are presented with at the beginning of 3? I'm probably going to import my save form 2, but I might also just go and answer the questions at the beginning of 3 if they cover all the big things.

erawsd

Is there any way to check your Witcher 2 save for which decisions you made? I think I remember what I did in all situations, but there are a few from the checklist I'm not absolutely 100% on. I played TW2 on PC but will be playing this on PS4, and I do want my world state to carry over.

Looking at the related quests in the journal might give you some idea.

k1t4j

Fantastic OP, great job.

Just picked up my PS4 copy from GAME here in madrid, can't wait till I get my hands on it

Fletcher

I'm sorry if this has been answered a ton already, but if I buy this through PSN it will be available to play starting at 4pm(pst) and I can pre-load right now?

I'm going totally blind with this game, I have played like 30h or so of TW1 but never got around finishing it, I didn't play TW2 at all.

I suppose it won't be mandatory to have played the first games to understand what's going on, tho I suppose it's better to have a background to enjoy the story more.

I know there are a lot of video and website to help me catch up but I thought I can play blind and them make another playthru with saves from the previous games.

Is a good idea or should I really watch those videos and read the summary of the previous games?

RedAssedApe

Banned
Freaking Best Buy teasing me. Whenever I pre-order a game they always send you a "your order is ready to pick up" e-mail the day before I can actually pick it up.

I tried to pick it up on Monday once and was denied :[

pahamrick

For anyone on PC missing a Witcher 2 Save, you can go HERE and download an importable save. Looks like there's a save for most major conditions but it seems like
Letho lives in all of them.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
since Giantbomb is more than just Jeff Gertsmann...

Brad Shoemaker ‏@bradshoemaker 7m7 minutes ago
If there was any feasible way I could have taken today off and just sat at home playing The Witcher nonstop, I would've. That game's got me.

Stoze

I'm hoping this game has quests on par with The Secrets of Loc Muinne, I think that was one of the best side quests I've played in an rpg. It was like the essence of fantasy adventure stories wrapped into a single mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom