• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximo

should speak enough of the game that it took me 25 hours to decide to restart on death march from the beggining for the proper challenge and I didnt even get bored redoing stuff

been a while since I did something like this
Really is worth it, and haven't had any difficulty in tackling monsters or quests 8 levels or so higher then me. Just gotta make good use of potions/oils and good use of quen.

zi1Bo8T.png

This is amazingly spot-on.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So what does that mean? If I was to use this exploit, does it mean I'll get banned on Steam (since developers have the power to do that now)? Or will there be some other in-game penalty? I could really use some more gold, but it's definitely not worth getting banned over.

I can't see CDPR banning people from their game because of a single player exploit, especially not with a tongue-in-cheek response like that. I could see them patching in a goofy punishment for using the exploit :p

Novoitus

Banned
It rained for the first time in my game today after 20 or so gameplay hours. I was beginning to think that my game was glitched or something. I hope it rains more often.

Weird. Been playing for exactly 20 hours as well, rains quite a bit. Has only actually stormed like 2 or 3 times though.

Holy fuck I'm loving this game though. Just got to Novigrad(sp?). I'm overwhelmed with things to do in the best way possible.

I don't regret buying a 980 for this game at all. Game of the generation, so far.

Quick question about the end of the Baron's storyline:
He brought his wife to that guy in the mountains and never gave me money for helping him. Am I getting that money?

Mothman91

At least in my playthrough, she turns human and then immediately dies. I freed the tree spirit.

I free'd the spirit also, which in turn saved the children. Chose the wrong doll though. I saw your edit before, you said something along the lines "she turns into human then it's out of your control" what did you mean by that? Or did you meant by her dieing after turning back?

Jimrpg

I've only played a couple of hours (about to tackle the griffin now) but I absolutely LOVE the game. The writing and the characters are amazing. I'm actively going from person to person in the bar and just enjoying the interaction.

The combat is a bit tricky, it seems like a Dark Souls lite, with the lock on system, but its lacking the accuracy a little bit.

I'm not really getting Gwent after one game. In the first round my opponent and I used up all our cards and the next two rounds we only played one card each. Cards look stunning though.

Also its just about the best looking game artistically and technically I've played.

I don't like how caves and monster dens don't go grey when you go in and do your thing. It's driving me nuts, I keep thinking I forgot to do something.

Good, because you did! You should be looting the monster dens after you blow them up. They only contain monster parts and some other materials so dont worry about missing out on good stuff. Also caves should gray out after you have looted all the items in them.

ViciousDS

Banned
Good, because you did! You should be looting the monster dens after you blow them up. They only contain monster parts and some other materials so dont worry about missing out on good stuff. Also caves should gray out after you have looted all the items in them.

Wait wait....blow them up? I didn't see anything about that! Also there is no more loot in the cave I checked!

Wait wait....blow them up? I didn't see anything about that! Also there is no more loot in the cave I checked!

He thought you meant the nests. You do mean the dens, right? Not the nests? Regardless, I'm pretty sure at least *some* dens do gray out. The nekker den near where you start in Velen, for example.

Whats the best controls to use for keyboard? the default doesnt have the power attack mapped to anything

They have it mapped to shift+LMB. I've taken to putting it on RMB though, with E for parry and some other stuff juggled around.

DOWN

Banned
How do I shut off subtitles for the repeating comic book infamous type scenes that happen when you load?

Realistically, what kind of graphics jump could they do on PS4 for their next game? Depends on size?

Okay the game has finally clicked after a lot of perseverance.

The swallow potion is an absolute must for the early stages, and things like thunderbolt and oils are essential in battles.

Have been doing the side quests, bandit camps and random encounters and have really enjoyed it. Actually feel pretty confident taking on enemies who are a few levels higher, almost beat a level 15 (I'm 7).

Maximo

Some places in skellige I really don't want to tackle,too many underwater points of interest and water in gamee makes me really paranoid.

silva1991

Someone just told me that oils refill themselves while meditation Oo

shit I better make every single oil and potion now no point in saving the materials.

Some places in skellige I really don't want to tackle,too many underwater points of interest and water in makes makes me really paranoid.

Have you found any underwater missions? like exploring underwater caves or ruins,not just finding items...

wait WHAT???
did you not help him find his wife or something? how the hell did that happen?

If you choose to save the
children
,then
Baron hangs himself in the end

Am I missing something with the second form of quen? Still only takes one hit and makes you incredibly slow and you can't attack while using it. Even upgraded it to the third level where it doesn't drain stamina.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Shit, I can't believe the Baron
just hanged himself, I feel like a fucking monster...

Really wish you specified which part of the baron quest that spoiler was =/.

There's one in Oxenfurt.

Thank you! I don't why they can't just display all the vendors and merchants when you first walk into a city. They're so huge that even after running around everywhere you might miss something.

O.DOGG

wait WHAT???
did you not help him find his wife or something? how the hell did that happen?

Probably
freed the spirit in the tree roots and I think the crones kill the baron's wife in that case. Personally I killed the spirit (why unleash another unknown, powerful evil in the world?) and the baron went off with his wife seeking help from a medicine man somewhere in hope of restoring her sanity.

I love it how many of these quests you have to choose the lesser evil, and there is always a trade-off, and no real happy endings. It's refreshing.

Epcott

I beat the Griffin and sidequests, finally visited the Emperor, now I'm stuck in his castle and can't get out... guess I must've been too tired last night to get out.

Fell asleep playing Gwent (while reading the tutorial) with the guy in the courtyard. I'm going to have to watch this tutorial in order to figure it out:

http://youtu.be/gOcTBNYbwx4

Is there a good online guide to help with this game? A few things are overwhelming (like where to find the right herb or ingredient for alchemy, suggestions as to what weapon is best to get at what part of the game, what skills should be acquired, and so on).

Maximo

Have you found any underwater missions? like exploring underwater caves or ruins,not just finding items...

If you choose to save the
children
,then
Baron hangs himself in the end
Found some caves before, ruins not yet still exploring skellige only touched like 2 clusters of islands so far.

Mothman91

Just keep playing.
You'll find out the consequence of that choice.The Bloody Baron conversation will help you find out which doll to choose. The results of your actions are really heavy hitters here.

Amazing quest
Well I already finished the quest. Unless
the tree spirit(demon mare) and the witches play a bigger role later on.

Animator

Finished the Baron quest. Probably the best quest I have played in a game. This is how you do a story. Not the fan fiction quality shit Bioware puts out.

Maximo

Also I think it was asked before but yeah nothing happens to your weapon when it reaches zero durability tackling a golem that's 9 levels higher then me taking forever, sword just gets a damage reduction until it's fixed.

Novoitus

Banned
Probably
freed the spirit in the tree roots and I think the crones kill the baron's wife in that case. Personally I killed the spirit (why unleash another unknown, powerful evil in the world?) and the baron went off with his wife seeking help from a medicine man somewhere in hope of restoring her sanity.

I love it how many of these quests you have to choose the lesser evil, and there is always a trade-off, and no real happy endings. It's refreshing.

The same thing happened for me. Can't believe that one thing can change that storyline that much. Holy fuck.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Someone just told me that oils refill themselves while meditation Oo

shit I better make every single oil and potion now no point in saving the materials.

Potions recharge with a single alcohol automatically upon meditation.

Oils never need to as they are always good to go. You only get 20 hits when applied until upgraded. So it's good to slap one on pre fight.

But yes once you create a recipe you don't need to again.

Exentryk

I like that potions and bombs refill automatically after meditating (if you have alcohol). Haven't had to use oils yet, but I am still in the first area lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom