• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyx

Doing the Ladies in the Wood questline, any tips for
that werewolf that killed the villagers ? He's fast and starts to regen health long before I'm even close to killing him...

Doing the Ladies in the Wood questline, any tips for
that werewolf that killed the villagers ? He's fast and starts to regen health long before I'm even close to killing him...

Swallow, Thunderbolt, Decoctions depending on your skill build. Coat your weapon with cursed oil. The werewolf is practically paper on the second highest difficulty. 2-3 swings of your sword then back off, always anticipate its counter attack. I tend to use Yrden to slow him down a bit

To which Witcher school gear does you starting gear belong too?
Kinda like the looks and want to keep upgrading?

Are there images yet for the witcher school gears and their upgrades?

Sanctuary

I just ran into a quest that had a skull, marked as "level 18" and I have absolutely NO IDEA why. It was fully of level 10 Drowners underwater that I one-shot with my crossbow (I'm level 12). It was for a sunken treasure, which was nothing but a bunch of junk and a few orens. Makes me wonder how many other quests are grossly mislabeled.

Speaking of treasure, the RNG factor is a bit too much in this game. Happen upon a random, unguarded chest and get the diagram for a weapon you cannot use for 10+ levels. Fight an enemy 5-10 levels above you for a few minutes, kill it and loot the guarded treasure. Which happened to be a few orens and some nails...

aravuus

Meh, looks like I'm back to crashing every 20 minutes with the 1.03 patch. I don't have the energy to get angry at a video game, guess I'll wait for the next patch and read books or whatever in the meantime.

UberLevi

ittZWUR.jpg

IoOY8GR.jpg

SLblnPq.jpg

bBc5GO8.jpg

Just finished up The Play's The Thing. Loved it. The game certainly isn't short on humor.

Trojan

I'm playing on normal, and I'm level 4. I just took out a level 14 camp, killing about 8 men.

I don't think the recommended quest levels really matter (at least on normal).

I might bump up to toughest difficulty...how much more challenging is that? I'm on "hard" and about to finish White Orchard without much trouble.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
I've played 10 hours so far and I'm just about to do Lilac & Gooseberries (1st quest after tutorial). Pretty much cleared the starting area (only 2 monster nests left). Is there anything I should do before continuing? I've found 6 places of power and restored a couple villages. Might just go explore a little bit more to see if I missed anything.

meep!

Neo Member
Finally managed to implement the DS4 Windows scheme someone suggested earlier (spells to swipes, map on right tough, quick save on left touch) and it works great. One spell is left out, in my case Axii because I find it kind of more situational so I don't mind getting into the quick item menu to use it. Makes spell use a lot more fun.

Mind sharing how to setup something like this? I'm currently using InputMapper but would definitely switch if I could get these functions to work.

So much to do in this game and im afraid to miss stuff. I just did a side quest and
met Letho(fucked up his plan)
. I couldnt imagine missing that quest.

JustinBB7

How long are people taking it to finish it? I keep reading people talking about the ending but I'm 33 hours in and nowhere close to ending it it seems. Only like level 14 and still have a billion quests to do. Are you guys only doing main quests or something?

M.D

I'm asking again - any way to know if the save import from TW2 worked or not? I'm barely an hour into the game so I'd like to know if it did, cause someone mentioned earlier that he found out his import didn't work 35 hours into the game

Gurish

Is it me or the human's AI is pretty dumb? when in group they are OK but one on one you can tap the triangle button (strong attack) repeatedly and they just stand there and take it for hours until they die.

And I always get to overweight, I have so much junk in my inventory but i don't know what items i should throw, I mean maybe i will need it to craft something later, there are no indications if it's important or not.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm asking again - any way to know if the save import from TW2 worked or not? I'm barely an hour into the game so I'd like to know if it did, cause someone mentioned earlier that he found out his import didn't work 35 hours into the game

not gonna lie, after putting a GODDAMN DRAGON ON THE THRONE IN AEDIRN they just said "aedirn was a mess and fell easier than your mom" and that hurt.

SinSilla

Any word on the different weapon types? I haven't found any information about axes or Clubs/maces. Are these viable options, what are their pros and cons?

Other than that, are there unique items as in having a special design or do they all look more or less the same/authentic?

I'm still doing bloody Baron questline and i'm shocked how good the writing is in this game. Some of the most mature and intense shit i have ever seen in a game.

Chariot

How long are people taking it to finish it? I keep reading people talking about the ending but I'm 33 hours in and nowhere close to ending it it seems. Only like level 14 and still have a billion quests to do. Are you guys only doing main quests or something?
Some console dudes got the game a week early due game merchants breaking the streetdate.

Daffy Duck

Sort of like in the batman arkham games, it automatically locks on to the closest enemy or wherever you're facing

Not use the 'hard lock,' where you hit a button to target a creature and stay that way.

I thoughts that is what it would mean. That's how I handle group encounters.

Does the witcher 2 choices happen when you leave white orchard? I'm getting close to leaving this area now and had nothing about previous choices yet. I did choose to simulate a witcher 2 save.

So, I'm playing on PC (keyboard + mouse) and Geralt won't stop jumping. I tried rebinding jumping key and changing to Xbox360 controller, didn't help. Keyboard key (space) isn't stuck, because writing this post works normally. I reloaded from an earlier save (before this started happening), and Geralt is jumping there too!

While this is slightly funny, this makes the game completely unplayable for me. Has anyone encountered this issue before?

--edit

False alarm. Restarting the game got rid of the issue. Phew. Really weird bug.

Vico

Does the witcher 2 choices happen when you leave white orchard? I'm getting close to leaving this area now and had nothing about previous choices yet. I did choose to simulate a witcher 2 save.

The dialogue about previous choices is right after leaving White Orchard.

phaze

yes, you will get to pick the path you've taken in W2 after you get through White Orchard.

So, I'm playing on PC (keyboard + mouse) and Geralt won't stop jumping. I tried rebinding jumping key, changing to controller. Space isn't stuck, because writing this post works normally. I reloaded from an earlier save (before this started happening), and Geralt is jumping there too!

While this is slightly funny, this makes the game completely unplayable for me. Has anyone encountered this issue before?

I did have it for a short while. Can't really remember how I dealt with it but it was either reloading an earlier save or rebooting the game.

Maximo

Anyone done Heart Of The Wild?
Did you kill or sacrifice to the Leshan? It seemed fairly obvious killing it was the right choice you can't let something like that live...but man that prick killed all the elders..

nbraun80

So, I'm playing on PC (keyboard + mouse) and Geralt won't stop jumping. I tried rebinding jumping key and changing to Xbox360 controller, didn't help. Keyboard key (space) isn't stuck, because writing this post works normally. I reloaded from an earlier save (before this started happening), and Geralt is jumping there too!

You've caught leapercy, you're a leaper now and you must live with this disease.

Sanctuary

I know this is just a game, but can anyone justify all of the side quests? It's not a complaint that there are so many, but that it makes absolutely NO SENSE at all that you would stop to do even less than half of them. The story is one of urgency, but you're going to stop looking for your adpoted daughter to search ruined towers and rescue villagers on your way? Witchers aren't altruistic, and with the bond Geralt has with Ciri, the pacing doesn't make any sense. Especially Gwent.

Unless of course you stick to the main path, ignore all but a few side quests on the way since that's closer to being realistic. But then that just squanders "the game" aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom