• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4 and just enter Velen. . All of the question marks I go to end up being like warewolfs and level 10 dragons :( I did all the tasks in white orchard so am a bit confused

Stoze

Damn, feel like I should've been doing more of the main quest a while ago, you get insane items left and right, if I hadn't gotten Griffin gear every single item I had would've been replaced in an hour and a half. Not that it'll matter come 4 levels anyway.

Curious, has anyone gotten an Assassin's chest piece? I have the other pieces of gear and they look pretty nice, would love to see the chest that goes with it.

Kyaw

Level 4 and just enter Velen. . All of the question marks I go to end up being like warewolfs and level 10 dragons :( I did all the tasks in white orchard so am a bit confused

Yeah, there will be points of interests with monsters with higher levels that you.

Follow up the story line quests for a bit, do side quests (of similar levels to you) and you'll level up to fight bigger/badder monsters.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I'm wondering this too.

I found this video and you can apparently find it during the Woodland Beast contract, I didn't though. Even went back to the camp afterwards and it wasn't there.

Video in question

Ok just did this quest and no Thunderbolt recipe at the crate where the guy got his. Might go and ask on Reddit.

Tukker

question about the Gwent: Big City Players questline.
I am trying to collect the Ciri card for my card collection and apparently its part of the Gwent: Big City Players questline. I already finished this quest though without getting the card. When I talk with the npc that you are supposed to play for the card there is no option at all to play gwent.

Am I bugged? Is there no way for me to get this card at all?

No, just
Keira, Triss, Roche, Ves, Zoltan Chivay, Ermion
and
Hjalmar.
:))

Well FUCK! guess i'll be missing that trophy on my first run. K
eira
is dead.

I guess i'll be missing the trophy to collect all Gwent cards as i didn't get a chance to win B
aron
and he's dead now.

This game has a lot of missable trophies, but the real problem is that it's lengthy.

Chariot

Making the marking of locations the default setting was a mistake. People are relying too much on then instead of going out by themselves being impressed and surprised by things.

question about the Gwent: Big City Players questline.
I am trying to collect the Ciri card for my card collection and apparently its part of the Gwent: Big City Players questline. I already finished this quest though without getting the card. When I talk with the npc that you are supposed to play for the card there is no option at all to play gwent.

Am I bugged? Is there no way for me to get this card at all?
You need to progress in the storyline.

Yeah, there will be points of interests with monsters with higher levels that you.

Follow up the story line quests for a bit, do side quests (of similar levels to you) and you'll level up to fight bigger/badder monsters.

Thanks! I think the main quest has a 'recommended level 7' so I'm trying to buff up before going onto the bloody baron quest or whatever is next!

I wish there was a Witcher app that let me play gwent on my phone or tablet using the cards I have in the game. I would even pay money for such an app.

Aegus

Skellige POI question: There';s two POI to the east of Kaer Trolde that I can't seem to reach. Been everywhere trying to find the way, even scaled into parts of the world the player isn't supposed to go and I still can't get there. Any ideas?

Stoze

30 hours in and I just got to Novigrad. Is that common?

Sounds about right? I donno, the game lets you move at any pace you want to because there's so much to do.

I'm nearing 45-50 hours at this point, and I haven't been to Oxenfurt or Novigrad.

Ceebs

This Novigrad main story quest...I really wonder how many ways this can play out total. Also I wonder if people who have not played the previous games will react to a certain quest the same way.
When you entered the Witch Hunter base and were to let Triss be tortured

Those of you complaining about the way gear looks... Find a Witcher set as soon as you can. I just got the "Cat" set and I look so much cooler than I did before, and am significantly more powerful.

Witcher sets are also upgradeable so they can last you through the whole game.

anddo0

Weapon/armor downscaling- wow I didn't even know this was a thing in this game. I hate it, and won't be looting anymore hidden treasures until I'm in the double digits level wise.

I have to legendary tier weapons (Princess Xenthia's sword and Harvall) both of with should be better overall than I have now (lvl 5 and half). I rather collect high level weapons and be able to use them when you reach said level. I guess the devs did this because the lack of a storage system which is a shame.

Pro tip- if you see a guarded treasure and the enemy is RED, leave it until you're that level for better overall treasure.

Finally got all the school armors Mastercrafted, I think Bear/Ursine looks best consistently. Cat starts off great but each upgrade makes it look less cool.

Hey it looks like you were wearing ursine gloves, boots, and pants with feline chest. Can you show how it looks to wear Ursine chest with feline parts?

Bessy67

Is there any reason to keep old letters/books? I'm sick of looking at them in my inventory and want to just dump them off, but I don't want to be screwed for something later on if I do so.

tuxfool

Banned
Those of you complaining about the way gear looks... Find a Witcher set as soon as you can. I just got the "Cat" set and I look so much cooler than I did before, and am significantly more powerful.

Yeah, cat looks really good most of the time. Unfortunately armours with large collars suffer from clipping issues from time to time.

Kyaw

Thanks! I think the main quest has a 'recommended level 7' so I'm trying to buff up before going onto the bloody baron quest or whatever is next!

Did you go to all the points of interests in White Orchard and made sure you completed every single side quest? I was level 6 by the time I got to Velen. (I did have the 5% more experience trophy equipped)

Also, you should be able to do level 6 quests and even level 7 if you're good at combat.

Is there any reason to keep old letters/books? I'm sick of looking at them in my inventory and want to just dump them off, but I don't want to be screwed for something later on if I do so.

Read them once, some has Bestiary updates. You can sell them after reading them once. You will never need them again unless they're quest items in which they'll be in the "quest" inventory rather than general stuff.

anddo0

Is there any way to fix the bug that resets your play time? Mine is constantly going back to 0.

How do you even check this?
I'm guessing you're on pc?

No reason to. But they don't weigh anything really.

What's the best way of restoring health if playing on second highest difficulty setting? I'm using food but it's pretty expensive so I was wondering if there were better ways I'm overlooking.

anddo0

Is there actually a way to check how many hours you've played? I'm on PS4 and the save doesn't seem to say it.

I did just get to Novigrad too and I'm probably more than 30 hours in.

I haven't even been there yet. I'm pretty sure I'm well over 30 hours.

Saved a guy from drowners in Velen. 50 hours later I stumble back upon him
to see he and his band have killed a camp of refugees.
Oh man.

anddo0

Saved a guy from drowners in Velen. 50 hours later I stumble back upon him
to see he and his band have killed a camp of refugees.
Oh man.

I killed that bastard on the spot. I had bad feeling about saving him. He didn't look like the type that needed saving, not with his build and what he was wearing.

Chitown B

Folk asking a lot of "should I X instead of Y" and "how do I get my waifu". Just role play, dudes. Witcher games are always the best for that and the reality is you can't see all outcomes and get all results in one playthrough. Not knowing the consequences of your actions is half the fun. If you wanna end up with Yen but are lusting after Triss, maybe stop thinking with your virtual dick.

some people like to 100% trophies/achievements and don't have 500 hours.

yup, and also a helpful hint he might not know, swallow(and all potions) and bombs replenish their stock when you meditate, it just uses 1 red alcohest each time.

Nope, it uses any strong alcohol. Such as Dwarven Spirit or Temerian Rye. Which are both much more common than Alcohest :)

Robiin

Yeah I have about the same. Plus about 40 dust as well.
Yo, I need more. Didn't think about it and meditated after practically each fight, now in Velen and am low. Don't seem to have the required materials to craft alcohest. Any easy way to farm them? Or cheap places that sell lots?

Maximo

Yep level 21 cat gear is 13-14 but I haven't had to change it yet, nothing better so far.

In Velen at level 5 I feel like I'm just stuck 3+ levels below any of the quests I'm picking up

Is there any way to get a discount on blacksmith crafting prices? Finally got that Emerald Dust :p

Beefy

Yo, I need more. Didn't think about it and meditated after practically each fight, now in Velen and am low. Don't seem to have the required materials to craft alcohest. Any easy way to farm them? Or cheap places that sell lots?

Just go around looting in bandit camps etc. I haven't had to make any so far, I basically loot everything I see. Long as you don't get caught by a guard people don't care. I loot houses with people in then and they don't give a damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom