• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
My in-game playtime counter seems perfectly accurate on PC. The one in GOG Galaxy was going well, too, but it seems to stop counting as soon as you alt-tab out of the game and doesn't start again until you quit the game and start it up again, so it's about five hours behind the in-game one for me.

I'm so indecisive on a build. I'm level 3 and have 8 unspent skill points because I can't decide. Help me gaf...

Do it. If you're really unhappy then really early on in the game (I'd say about level 6-7) you can get an item to respec.
It's a potion from a character that you'll interact with a lot for a few quests, if you bother to look at their wares, they'll be selling one

Exentryk

So, with 23 hours, 1100 crowns (+400 other currency) and every side quest completed and every point of interest explored, I can finally leave the Wild Orchard.

Now I can finally start the game lol. Can't believe that was just the prologue tutorial area. So good! :D

Moff

It depends on how you're playing. Im doing alot of side-quests,witcher contracts...etc
Im currently level 33 and the main quest im in now is 31

and that's the last one? I am asking because CDPR apparently said geralts max level is 60 and monsters go to 50 and I just find that hard to belive since I am level 16 after over 40 hours and pretty far in the novigrad main quest.

So, with 23 hours, 1100 crowns (+400 other currency) and every side quest completed and every point of interest explored, I can finally leave the Wild Orchard.

Now I can finally start the game lol. Can't believe that was just the prologue tutorial area. So good! :D
It's funny seeing the difference between the tutorial area for this game and the Hinterlands in Dragon Age Inquisition.

Question about post-Family Matters and post-follow up quest:
I killed the spirit so I didn't end up with as nearly a bad ending as some of you did. We went to go get Anna from the swamp and most people are still alive. However, the baron rode off to "the Blue Mountains" or some place to find a healer to help Anna. Will I really never see him again? His line on the Gwent sidequest is actually crossed out in red, so I feel like I can't see him again.

Beefy

and that's the last one? I am asking because CDPR apparently said geralts max level is 60 and monsters go to 50 and I just find that hard to belive since I am level 16 after over 40 hours and pretty far in the novigrad main quest.

I am level 15 and haven't even finished in Velen yet. I have seen a monster at level 28 and another one that is level ?? So it must be a lot higher.

BeeDog

The game keeps growing on me big-time, though it's still such a crying shame the controls are so unresponsive and bad.

Just a question for the guys and gals that are far into the game; are there any other quests that are as well-written and engaging as the "Family Matters" one? A simple yes/no will suffice well.

Sai

Ugh, there had to be a better way for those playing this game with a controller to switch between locked-on targets. It was only mildly frustrating until I got to the fight with the Wyvern and Harpies.

Perhaps only allowing toggling of locked-on targets with the right analogue stick while it's being pressed? Some people say don't lock-on at all, but I think it's kind of an important thing to have, especially if you have to pick off archers'n such first among a group that's constantly getting in your way.

Chariot

Barona? Who is that?

Never mind, I saw your edit. He is the person I'm trying to beat. He defeats only because he draws more cards than me.
Sorry, tiping on the phone. Makes my posts even worse than usual. You can look for merchants and blacksmiths to play with. They are easier and cab drop interesting stuff too, albei not reliably.

Seanspeed

Banned
In Velen at level 5 I feel like I'm just stuck 3+ levels below any of the quests I'm picking up

Is there any way to get a discount on blacksmith crafting prices? Finally got that Emerald Dust :p
You will now inevitably find emerald dust in some random barrel in the next hour. Just wait.

That's what happened to me

JP

After being warned at the start of the game that "guards don't like thievery" I've completely avoided anything that had the Loot option until now when I accidentally looted a chest in front of half a dozen soldiers....and they did nothing. Am I right in thinking that it's actually OK to Loot things and that I've been a complete idiot for not doing it?

I've spent the whole game not stealing stuff and I feel so honest and...dirty. :)

Books, apart from reading them which seems to add lore, is there any reason not to just sell them off?

Noobcraft

So I'm doing the Wandering In The Dark quest and I ran out of any sort of health regen items (I'm on the hardest difficulty) right before the fight with
The Wild Hunt warrior
. I'm on a sliver of health and I'm regaining health very slowly, is there any way to speed things along or should I just let the game idle for half an hour to let my health go up?

This is how my first fight with him tragically ended... Lol.
https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Mr Noobcraft/video/2507216

Beefy

After being warned at the start of the game that "guards don't like thievery" I've completely avoided anything that had the Loot option until now when I accidentally looted a chest in front of half a dozen soldiers....and they did nothing. Am I right in thinking that it's actually OK to Loot things and that I've been a complete idiot for not doing it?

I've spent the whole game not stealing stuff and I feel so honest and...dirty. :)

Books, apart from reading them which seems to add lore, is there any reason not to just sell them off?

Some guards react some don't. Villagers don't care if you ransack their houses infront of them.

Chariot

So I'm doing the Wandering In The Dark quest and I ran out of any sort of health regen items (I'm on the hardest difficulty) right before the fight with
The Wild Hunt warrior
. I'm on a sliver of health and I'm regaining health very slowly, is there any way to speed things along or should I just let the game idle for half an hour to let my health go up?
Out of alcohol too?

Do the mid-late game quests maintain the same level of quality displayed in early game?

I've only just done the Bloody Baron quest and everything so far has been truly memorable stuff. If it keeps on like this it'll be top 5 all time for me.

Exentryk

I think you get a warning if looting something will trigger enemy reaction. So you can always check. Having said that, I'm only just getting out of Wild Orchard and the only area where I got that warning was the Nilfgard camp.

I'm doing this Witcher Contract and I get to the end of it and I'm fighting the boss and my attacks are not noticeably decreasing its health bar whatsoever. Decide to check the quest menu.

Recommended level for this quest: Level 33

I'm level 4.

Any tips to defeat a werewolf? the guy keeps regenerating his health.....

I used the Cursed one Oil and had a "Thunderbold" potion on back up to bet him down low enough health to finish him off. Also if you lead him to the beginning of the cave the wolves that follow him around will turn back and go deeper into the cave so you don't have to worry about them.

TheFatMan

The game keeps growing on me big-time, though it's still such a crying shame the controls are so unresponsive and bad.

Just a question for the guys and gals that are far into the game; are there any other quests that are as well-written and engaging as the "Family Matters" one? A simple yes/no will suffice well.

Yes

You can steal pretty much everything in this game. Walk into people's houses, take everything they own and they won't mind one bit. The only thing you have to be careful of is proper military camps. You'll know you're in trouble when you hear them warn you and reach for their swords when you hit 'Loot'. As long as you back out without taking anything you'll be fine, but steal anything and the entire camp will come after you :p

TheFatMan

The Wild Hunt warrior

This is how my first fight with him tragically ended... Lol.
https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Mr Noobcraft/video/2507216

God I can't imagine dong that fight on Death March with no healing items.....

There are gwent specific sidequests? How do you see/find this? I guess on my second playthrough I will care more about gwent. .right now even though it is a fun cool game I really don't care.

Having to pick
between Yen or Truss is harder than I thought. After Triss' story line I really felt like things had sparked anew between her and Geralt, and her past transgressions I forgave. But really, if not Yen, what's the point of Geralt. She's his perfect match.
Almost tempted to roll back to the save I made with my initial choice. Really want to see where that goes.

Loakum

Banned
LjEbNbf.jpg

Chariot

There are gwent specific sidequests? How do you see/find this? I guess on my second playthrough I will care more about gwent. .right now even though it is a fun cool game I really don't care.
Three quests where you have to play certain groups of masters and one with a whole tournament. Masters are in Valen and Novigrad and the Inn Keepers are in certain locations all over the map.

megalowho

So I freed a barber from some bandits in Velen, he mentioned if I was ever in ___ to find him for a haircut. Anyone know or remember where that is? Don't think it's the same guy in Oxenfurt.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
So am I correct in saying that accepting the posts on the billboards are what brings up the question marks on the map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom