• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iorv3th

In Velen at level 5 I feel like I'm just stuck 3+ levels below any of the quests I'm picking up

You picking up sidequests from people on the map?

I thought the same thing as you at first, but when you go to quests there are like 3 main quests showing and then you have to select sidequests. A few of them are level 3-4.

I have a question though for anyone that can help. I'm in velen and my silver sword is damaged, but I can't find a smith. Where is the closest place to the hanged tree to get it repaired?

Been playing the game this weekend, what a fantastic game, love walking the forests at night watching the moon in the sky, absolutely breathtaking.

The last contract i completed was the Devil by the Well.
I also help Lena
giving her the swallow potion, but after i read the quest log i think i made a huge mistake...all i wanted was to help her, yes Gerald (me) knew that was a risk, but what happens to her.... :(

One question even after the prologue section can i return to White Orchard??

What to do with trophies?

I have the heads of numerous beasties in my inventory... is there a specific way to exchange them for the best amount of gold or do I just unload them at any merchant?

Gattsu25

Banned
Been playing the game this weekend, what a fantastic game, love walking the forests at night watching the moon in the sky, absolutely breathtaking.

The last contract i completed was the Devil by the Well.
I also help Lena
giving her the swallow potion, but after i read the quest log i think i made a huge mistake...all i wanted was to help her, yes Gerald (me) knew that was a risk, but what happens to her.... :(

One question even after the prologue section can i return to White Orchard??
Can you expound on what you have in your spoiler tag?

Onikaan

The hand to hand combat in this game is utter shite. I love the sword play, using the signs etc. But when it comes to fists... I get hit with punches that don't even connect. When you dodge punches them home in on you and you get hit anyway, so zero point in try to outsmart left or right, you have to dodge back.

Feels like its an extension of the sword combat and it doesn't work.

If you're good at combat you can do level 10 missions at level 5.
I'm lvl 5 and tackle anything up to 10 with no issues playing on "Blood And Broken Bones'

Hmm

Did manage to take the
werewolf
down without too much trouble. My main issue is getting overwhelmed by numbers. Got quite a lot of Level 10 quests aside from 2 level 6 main quests, will try and make a start on those then.

Beefy

I thought the same thing as you at first, but when you go to quests there are like 3 main quests showing and then you have to select sidequests. A few of them are level 3-4.

I have a question though for anyone that can help. I'm in velen and my silver sword is damaged, but I can't find a smith. Where is the closest place to the hanged tree to get it repaired?

Two of them have been
caged by bandits and you have to free them.
I guess you haven't explored much if any of Velen? If not just head south from it to the nearest place.

I learned the combat perfectly. It feels better to me than Dark Souls 1 or 2 ever did, at this point.
The new dodge move was a brilliant addition. It all feels so snappy and responsive, Geralt finally feels like the bad ass motherfucker from the books.

In other news, this made me laugh

CFtcNAIWEAAa7jN.jpg:large

I like the combat too. If you can time things correctly being able to dodge (or counter), use a sign, go in for a combo, and dodge back out feels great. Also (at least using a controller) if you hold the parry button during combat you can press left or right on the d-pad to quick scroll through the signs instead of using the quick access menu.

cheezcake

Can you change the controls? It would make a lot more sense to put light/heavy attack on RB and RT and map signs/equipment to X and Y. That way you can control the camera much easier.

anddo0

Not sure how you explored. But if you head west form "hanged tree" and past "Inn at The Crossroads" you should stubble across "Blackbough", that's the only one I've found so far.

Denton

I like the combat too. If you can time things correctly being able to dodge (or counter), use a sign, go in for a combo, and dodge back out feels great. Also (at least using a controller) if you hold the parry button during combat you can press left or right on the d-pad to quick scroll through the signs instead of using the quick access menu.
I didnt even know that. That is amazing, thanks for letting me know.

I just finished Family Matters. Quest ending spoilers follow.

What a punch to the gut. Entire village dead, Anna dead, Baron hung himself, Dea no longer has any family to watch over. I feel like I helped absolutely nobody here. Was there a better resolution for those who choose to kill the Spirit of the Tree? That seemed a grave error on my part. It promised to 'free the children,' but where they went to or what became of them? Also, what was with the one creature, Uno or whatever it was called? I was having a chat with the Baron at one point and he and the sergeant spilled in there, didn't see it before or since.

I just finished Family Matters... That's entirely not what happened to me.

Unless you're talking about finishing the quest FOLLOWING Family Matters. Because now I can choose to
aid the Baron in rescuing his wife from the witches.

Didn't read everything but I kinda got spoiled.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Finally got to the Skellige Isles. This game is stupid fucking huge.

w1obubb.png

Beefy

I actually sold my original armour by mistake... Will that affect me later in the game?

I did the same. I haven't got to the point in that I am crafting armour, but I have noticed some merchants/ blacksmiths do have basic armours etc. One is used to make the griffin set so I doubt we will have problems.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

What a punch to the gut. Entire village dead, Anna dead, Baron hung himself, Dea no longer has any family to watch over. I feel like I helped absolutely nobody here. Was there a better resolution for those who choose to kill the Spirit of the Tree? That seemed a grave error on my part. It promised to 'free the children,' but where they went to or what became of them? Also, what was with the one creature, Uno or whatever it was called? I was having a chat with the Baron at one point and he and the sergeant spilled in there, didn't see it before or since.
This is the spoiler to the follow up quest. Don't read it if you only cleared Family Matters.

As for the spoiler itself... Yeah, the same thing happened to me. I really regret those choices, but I'm not going back to change them. I need a break from the game though, that was a bit too much.

newsguy

Just popping in to say how awesome this game is. I was so disappointed in DA:I and was afraid this would suffer the big hype but boring bug. No way, I'm having a blast and I love that even small quests can branch and become epic.

Salaadin

If the Barons village is dead, do you also lose the armorer that can craft Journeyman armor?

Staf

Ah man, the writing in this game is so freaking good! I was marveled by the character arc of the bloody baron and now i'm getting the same feeling with Dijkstra (haven't finished it mind you). He really is great and that speech at the docks, wow.

Bioware is usually being credited as one of the best character writers which i agree for a handful of characters in their older games such as Loghain and Irenicus. But i've never seen a game that has that level of writing in the sheer quantity that CD project is putting out in the Witcher 3. Really think that if i were to make a top 5 list of characters in video games ever, several The Witcher 3 characters would make that list, and i haven't even finished yet not by far.

ironcreed

Banned
Am I the only one who finds Yennefer
totally off-putting? Triss has a manipulative side, sure, but Yennefer comes off as very femme fatale and I don't find her interactions with Geralt to be nearly as romantic as the ones with Triss.

As a minor example, there are two party quests in the game that require you to get dressed up, one with Triss and one with Yenn. Triss will compliment the hell out of you if you choose to abide her request to wear a doublet, but will also be very understanding if you refuse. Yenn, on the other hand, moans about your choice unless you do exactly what she instructed. Why so pushy? I don't see Geralt being all "wear this bearskin loincloth when we go adventuring," Yenn.

Bottom-line: Triss is more Tali/Liara. Sincere, respectful and warm.

Yenn is more Morrigan/Miranda. Controlling, calculating and cold.

Nope, I totally feel the same way.
She is gorgeous, but is also the kind of woman who seems rash, hard and not very affectionate. I made the mistake of choosing to stay with her after doing The Last Wish quest and regretted it immediately. I just wanted to see if she would become more likable, but so far its the same 'leave and I'll see you later' sort of attitude. Triss is far more likable and represents the kind of woman you could actually get close to and love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom