• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just witnessed this exchange between two peasants...

"War, war never changes"
"Neither do you, you're so lazy"

COD dig?

Mfw+i+ve+never+watched+lotr+and+i+ve+been+getting+heat+_7b1e11b509cc5617943602b97e209952.gif

This game lol
Just AMAZING

partyboy

Can anyone give me an approximate idea of how far through the main quest I am.. I just
did the Ciri flashback where she fucks up Whoreson

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Tempted to turn off the POI's because the games starting to feel less and less like an epic journey, but then I don't wanna miss out on any quests/armour/weapons

I had them on at first because I felt the same. Then, I discovered that there is an incredible amount of side content, like actual side content, and as long as you don't abuse fast travel to get to each objective you find just enough to keep it interesting.

This is the first full single player game that has kept my attention for so long. I'm not even half way through. All of these sidequests man, the atmosphere. CDPR better knock Cyberpunk out of the water like they did for this. Worth the $57 I paid for this. And that is rare for me to say, most games I just try to trade back in a few days after rushing through. This game I don't want to rush, I want to enjoy the world.

I had them on at first because I felt the same. Then, I discovered that there is an incredible amount of side content, like actual side content, and as long as you don't abuse fast travel to get to each objective you find just enough to keep it interesting.

I think I'm gonna go for it. I definitely plan on a second playthrough so I'll keep the markers on for the things I miss the second time around

Edit: Holding start is supposed to take you straight into the map right? When I hold start I just hear a clicking noise like its about to open, and then nothing :/

boskee

I was finally able to finish the Family Matters quest line and holy crap, I love how different quests tie in together. This game has the best writing I can think of in recent memory. I think I am done with this part of Velen for now. Gwent can wait, time to move to Oxenfurt and Novigrad.

This game, man. This bloody game.

Family Matters quest spoiler
I just love how everything, despite how small they can be, can have an effect later on. Earlier on in this thread I talked about how the Baron's men had attacked me despite them backing off initially. So, I get to the old pellar's house and there a bunch of the Baron's men outside. At first I didn't think much of it, I didn't want to bribe them or kill them outright, and I didn't have Axii at the desired level. So I rolled with the option of them pissing off and I would then help their buddy, seeing as I am a witcher. The second I mentioned that, they became aggressive due to the fact that I had killed 'their friends' at the crossroads. How awesome is that?

Tower of Mice quest spoiler
This quest, my lord, amazing. I had stumbled upon Fyke Isle before I had actually completed the 'An Invitation from Keira Metz' and that tower was terrifying to ay the least. I explored every nook and cranny of it, but at one point I couldn't find any more leads. I found some notes on Alexander, the mage that lived there, and I instantly remembered a letter that I had found in Keira's hut, that was addressed at her lover who worked on his research in a tower of some sort. So when I got to the point that I accepted Keira's invitation, I was actually surprised that Geralt said that he had already visited the place. It's small things like that that make it all the more immersive, imagine if he had stood there like 'hmm, doesn't ring a bell'. Sure, I wasn't able to blow up in Keira's face regarding her lover's handiwork. Now, for the actual quest line. I loved the interaction between Geralt and Annabelle. It's fun that you actually have to attentively listen to the npc, that way it was possible to pick up on the fact that she was lying. In the end, I brought Graham to the island and well.. I think that's the right choice, although I am curious how it would have turned out if I had taken her remains off the island instead.

kinggroin

Banned
I'm playing with a 360 controller from the start and have no problem whatsoever

Hahaha. How does that help?

To the OP, if it's wireless, check MS website for drivers and check battery level. If its wired, try a different USB port. Check device manager and see if there's a yellow ? Or ! next to the controller. If so, you may be missing drivers.

Majukun

Hahaha. How does that help?

To the OP, if it's wireless, check MS website for drivers and check battery level. If its wired, try a different USB port. Check device manager and see if there's a yellow ? Or ! next to the controller. If so, you may be missing drivers.

that it's not a problem of the game but probably of the controller or the wireless receiver,thus why he/she didn't find anything online

Playing as Ciri is so boring. God I hope this doesn't happen often in the game. .I feel as if people are lusting after a virtual character and ignoring the downfall as playing as a secondary character.

Beaulieu

ok so the game has been out for a while, and Ive looked at multiple reviews and gameplay videos, but I still don't know if I would like this.

I love games like

Fallout series
Red Dead
Souls series (inc. bb)

but I'm not a fan of games like

Dragon age
Skyrim

Should I buy this or not ?

Kyaw

ok so the game has been out for a while, and Ive looked at multiple reviews and gameplay videos, but I still don't know if I would like this.

I love games like

Fallout series
Red Dead
Souls series (inc. bb)

Dragon age
Skyrim

Any reasons why you don't like Dragon Age and Skyrim?

This game is a lot like Red Dead but with more magic and swords.

Hoo-doo

Banned

I love games like

Fallout series
Red Dead
Souls series (inc. bb)

Dragon age
Skyrim

If you don't like Skyrim or Dragon Age, then pass on this one.

skynidas

Banned

I love games like

Fallout series
Red Dead
Souls series (inc. bb)

Dragon age
Skyrim

sounds like you don't like reading through too much dialogue?? this game has A LOT of that.

the moment to moment gameplay is more like red dead mixed with sword combat, the combat is like a clunky batman arkham game

A LOT of loot, looking at stuff and see which one's better. and making decisions that will have different consequences

robotrock

Banned
On this quest in Novigrad where I have to inspect this guy's house, find a note, and then decipher a riddle.
I don't really know what to do, I'm using my witcher senses to try and find something but no dice. Nor can I pull up the riddle again.

So the guide book says there is a quest at the start of the game when leaving the tavern to help bring back a man's horse. I've not seen this, did the book maybe get the location wrong? It's says you can only do it during prologue of the main quest something ends, something begins. Problem is I don't see anything named that. Anyone see this quest yet?

Beaulieu

Any reasons why you don't like Dragon Age and Skyrim?

This game is a lot like Red Dead but with more magic and swords.

boring world, stupid amount of fetch quests, lots of content but feels likes nothing is unique, strong copy/paste feel in the content.

Kyaw

boring world, stupid amount of fetch quests, lots of content but feels likes nothing is unique, strong copy/paste feel in the content.

Welllllllllllllll then you'll love the Witcher 3. The side quests in this game are AMAZING. The world is full of detail and content.

Tacitus_

Well Witcher certainly isn't anything like that. Whether you find the world boring is obviously YMMV, but I love this grey and grey morality world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom