• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

pahamrick

I don't understand the complaints about the combat, I have no trouble with it. Aside from Geralt moving like a character from GTA, I can drop most things without getting touched.

taybul

It's the little touches that really impress me the most with this game. I was running and almost to a village and had called Roach. He was running up behind me as I made it to the village. A cut scene induced. Seconds in the camera is on Geralt and lo and behold, Roach comes running up into the camera behind me, makes a "humph" face, then turns and walks off. Also, during a cut scene on a quest I am walking with another person and as we are doing so, off in the corner are two rabbits going at it like, well, like rabbits. lol.
Ah looks like you just started the
Keira Metz
line :)

Aces&Eights

Again, can I safely sell or dismantle the items in the Junk category? I don't want to sell stuff I can use for crafting.

I wouldn't just dismantle everything willy nilly. I have had some things labeled as junk but said "Master" in blue next to it. Literally everything can be broken down and used for crafting and/or alchemy. My rule of thumb is anything made of silver, gold, gems, etc, I keep as I can use them for good gear. Lessor things, like ladders, fishing nets, I sell because if I do need some string, or something, they are easy to find.

Ah looks like you just started the
Keira Metz
line :)

Yup. well, about 5pm yesterday. Finally turned my PS4 off at 12:50AM, lol. That was one great quest. I mean, hours of it and it was so engaging and fun. I kept waiting for a place to stop and save for the night but nope, the main guy of the quest just keeps talking when I return, lol. What a windbag. Felt sorry for him but dude, it's over. Go take a nap or something lmao.

Do custom beards reset on death? I've gotten my beard trimmed twice now, and later on I see that it's grown back in and have to go hunt down a barber again. Or is it only the haircuts that are permanent and beards will always grow back?

I think there's a full beard option to select, but if you keep clean shaving Geralt it will grow. The ones that are styled stay until you do a clean shave or change them.

Alpende

I wouldn't just dismantle everything willy nilly. I have had some things labeled as junk but said "Master" in blue next to it. Literally everything can be broken down and used for crafting and/or alchemy. My rule of thumb is anything made of silver, gold, gems, etc, I keep as I can use them for good gear. Lessor things, like ladders, fishing nets, I sell because if I do need some string, or something, they are easy to find.

Seems like a good idea. Thanks for the tip.

woen

So, with 23 hours, 1100 crowns (+400 other currency) and every side quest completed and every point of interest explored, I can finally leave the Wild Orchard.

Now I can finally start the game lol. Can't believe that was just the prologue tutorial area. So good! :D

How can you spend 23 hours in this region ??? I completed everything in less than 8 or 9 hours.

Semper88

Oke this kills the fun for me. Family Matters is bugged for me.
When I found all the clues including the altar and then it should say speak with the Baron but its just stuck and says find clue's...

RollTIde1017

Neo Member
Need some help. I remember seeing a post in this thread last week, that linked to an article/blog post. The blog described the best answers to choose about the Witcher 2 that would most likely have the most effect on the game. (Like seeing the most returning characters, etc.)

For the life of me I can't find that link anymore, I've been searching this thread for 2 days and just can't find it. Does anyone remember the link or know which answers it suggested? I'd really appreciated it.

Repo Man

Was gonna wait for the price to come down since they whacked it up to £49.99 after release but alas the mind is weak for it craves a good adventure so I said "fuck it!" and pulled the trigger. Can't wait to immerse myself later.

I may have missed a reply, but I posted earlier about my in-game (stats page) playtime and it seems off. Does anyone else have this problem? Galaxy is also not registering my playtime every now and then, I know it missed a 5-6 hour session earlier in the week.

But the game claims I've been playing for 5 days, then last night it was down to 4, now back to 5. I don't get it. It's just not possible, even though I know I've put at least 40 hours into the game.

Majukun

Again, can I safely sell or dismantle the items in the Junk category? I don't want to sell stuff I can use for crafting.

snce you already have a folder for crafting and alchemy materials,i doubt you can use the things in the junk one to craft something

Aces&Eights

Ah thank you.

Can anyone tell me how to get the key for the alchemists house in Velen? Says it's locked but I can see him sat in there!

If it is who I am thinking it is (and I am sure it is) you will go there later as part of a quest. Have you done the
Red Baron
one yet. IF not, you will be going to this guys house for help and then it opens up.

snce you already have a folder for crafting and alchemy materials,i doubt you can use the things in the junk one to craft something

I have stuff in my inventory right now that says junk and I can break it down into ingredients. Heck, I had a silver teapot thing that said junk and I got silve ingot, or whatever from it. Then broke that down to silver plates and used in some armor.

taybul

I may have missed a reply, but I posted earlier about my in-game (stats page) playtime and it seems off. Does anyone else have this problem? Galaxy is also not registering my playtime every now and then, I know it missed a 5-6 hour session earlier in the week.

But the game claims I've been playing for 5 days, then last night it was down to 4, now back to 5. I don't get it. It's just not possible, even though I know I've put at least 40 hours into the game.

If you're looking at the character stats page, it's completely off. Think 3 days after release it told me I had been playing for 2 days. As much as I wished that were true it simply wasn't.

Jedi2016

I think there's a full beard option to select, but if you keep clean shaving Geralt it will grow. The ones that are styled stay until you do a clean shave or change them.
I do the "full beard, trimmed". Doesn't look so babyfaced as he does clean-shaven, but not so fuzzy as a fully-grown beard.

Chariot

Just witnessed this exchange between two peasants...

"War, war never changes"
"Neither do you, you're so lazy"

COD dig?
Peasants are spitting memes all over the place. I think I heard some woman saying in Novigrad "[something] , [something] everywhere" in the way Buzz Lightyear meme says it. It's strange and hillarious.

ironcreed

Banned
it's bear school armor, think that one is mostly found on those islands, found a picture on reddit of the fully upgraded version (like with every "school" armor set there are upgrades that require the previous version, think there is 4 version for each set in total for all but not 100%)

Yeah, I just acquired the Ursine set last night. Looks great even before you upgrade it.

1506607_893876674009434_6033745762014945717_n.jpg

The only thing that would make this game even better (if that's even possible), is if there was more to do in these gigantic towns. More people to talk to, more merchants, ...

Chariot

The only thing that would make this game even better (if that's even possible), is if there was more to do in these gigantic towns. More people to talk to, more merchants, ...
Novingrad is filed with people and events. So much happens just by walking down the street.

Majukun

If it is who I am thinking it is (and I am sure it is) you will go there later as part of a quest. Have you done the
Red Baron
one yet. IF not, you will be going to this guys house for help and then it opens up.

I have stuff in my inventory right now that says junk and I can break it down into ingredients. Heck, I had a silver teapot thing that said junk and I got silve ingot, or whatever from it. Then broke that down to silver plates and used in some armor.

you can break them into materials,yeah..but you can't use the actual teapot to craft something else..you first need to disassemble them into materials

If you're looking at the character stats page, it's completely off. Think 3 days after release it told me I had been playing for 2 days. As much as I wished that were true it simply wasn't.
Totally seems wrong then. I don't get it. Would really love to know my total, but it's not that important.

I do the "full beard, trimmed". Doesn't look so babyfaced as he does clean-shaven, but not so fuzzy as a fully-grown beard.

Yea, that's the one. I let it grow, and honestly, I don't see why it doesn't keep growing until you shave it, to a reasonable degree. The druids have long beards, I don't see why Geralt can't. Full beards are funny like that, even the max length, I don't really consider a FULL beard.

But clean shave is a nice look. I just hope they have plans for some more looks, but I doubt it.

How do I increase my storage weight? The 60 limit is really getting on my nerves

I think Armorers/Blacksmiths carry saddlebags for Roach, which is how you increase. I have one that has my limit at 130 now. Only a certain merchant sells it, maybe the fellow in Novigrad square near Kingfisher.

Portugeezer

So I played some W3 today and decided to do some main quests. After 2 hours I made some progress, came out of a certain house in the swamps when suddenly...

damn this game looks so beautifull from time to time... so I spent the next 40 minutes of my free time to run around, explore and appreciate the visuals... well I'll try to fninish the quest tomorrow i guess.

It really is.

ffpoyt.gif

RDreamer

What's the fastest way to get to use one of those other sets of Gwent cards? I've been playing like mad throughout the game, but still only have enough in my Northern Kingdoms deck...

Tempted to turn off the POI's because the games starting to feel less and less like an epic journey, but then I don't wanna miss out on any quests/armour/weapons

My friend is playing this on pc and he's trying to play it with a 360 controller but the games not detecting the controller. I can't really find anything about it online so I figured I'd ask gaf about it.

Mista

Banned
and that's the last one? I am asking because CDPR apparently said geralts max level is 60 and monsters go to 50 and I just find that hard to belive since I am level 16 after over 40 hours and pretty far in the novigrad main quest.

I thought it was but it wasn't. I finished the game and the last quest was 30-31 I think

Aces&Eights

you can break them into materials,yeah..but you can't use the actual teapot to craft something else..you first need to disassemble them into materials

Correct. He was asking if he should sell junk so I was just saying that some junk he might want to be keep as you can break it down for stuff you might want to craft. But, I guess if you need the money.....it's not exactly raining crowns in this game lol

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Do the difficulty settings in this do anything besides give enemies more HP and make them deal more damage? If not, I think I might just set it down to normal, but want to know beforehand. I'm honestly a bit disappointed with the combat so far at about 12 hours in (still just level 5, though).

Venom Fox

Banned
Oke this kills the fun for me. Family Matters is bugged for me.
When I found all the clues including the altar and then it should say speak with the Baron but its just stuck and says find clue's...
I had this last night, when it tells you to look for leads go and do the
Ladies in the woods
quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom