• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phew, managed to get to lv 20 today. Did a few side missions in Skellige and found plenty of unknown locations in Velen , as well as completing some treasure hunts.

Btw for those who have completed "Now or Never" mission with T
riss
:

If i have any side missions involving her after the above mission, does it mean that they become unavailable or can i find her later in the game?

So... I really like this game. Besides its obvious flaws it's like a spiritual successor to Red Dead Redemption. It has some really janky controls and frame rate issues though

Lingitiz

boring world, stupid amount of fetch quests, lots of content but feels likes nothing is unique, strong copy/paste feel in the content.
This game is the polar opposite. I dislike DAI immensely.

Everything feels handcrafted here. It's possibly the best open world in a game.

Playing as Ciri is so boring. God I hope this doesn't happen often in the game. .I feel as if people are lusting after a virtual character and ignoring the downfall as playing as a secondary character.

Yep, every time I play as her I get flashbacks to Catwoman in Akrham City. But Ciri is even more of a limited character. All she can do the few times I've played as her is slash and dodge. Since the base combat mechanics are not particularly great and thats all her segments have amounted, they're just kind of tedious.

abundant

On this quest in Novigrad where I have to inspect this guy's house, find a note, and then decipher a riddle.
I don't really know what to do, I'm using my witcher senses to try and find something but no dice. Nor can I pull up the riddle again.

Use your Witcher's Senses near the wine rack.

If it is who I am thinking it is (and I am sure it is) you will go there later as part of a quest. Have you done the
Red Baron
one yet. IF not, you will be going to this guys house for help and then it opens up.

I have stuff in my inventory right now that says junk and I can break it down into ingredients. Heck, I had a silver teapot thing that said junk and I got silve ingot, or whatever from it. Then broke that down to silver plates and used in some armor.
Ah, thank you. I'm on the road to that part now. :)

partyboy

Yep, every time I play as her I get flashbacks to Catwoman in Akrham City. But Ciri is even more of a limited character. All she can do the few times I've played as her is slash and dodge. Since the base combat mechanics are not particularly great and thats all her segments have amounted, they're just kind of tedious.

She gets more moves. They're really cool.

erawsd

So the guide book says there is a quest at the start of the game when leaving the tavern to help bring back a man's horse. I've not seen this, did the book maybe get the location wrong? It's says you can only do it during prologue of the main quest something ends, something begins. Problem is I don't see anything named that. Anyone see this quest yet?

I did not encounter a quest like that. Maybe its dependent on some choice youve made?

OmegaDL50

what about the weight limit?

Saddlebags.

Edit:

Also in regards to money. Are you guys making sure aren't selling everything to the same merchant?

Make sure you guys are selling weapons and gear to blacksmiths and weapons dealers. They will give you more money for gear, Likewise Alchemy ingredients should only be sold to Herbalists.

Likewise only sell Rings and generic items to general merchants.

Tacitus_

I plunked down something like 7k today just crafting stuff and buying alchemy recipes. Superior stuff requires the alchemy ingredients like Nigredo and Rubedo, which are a pain to craft.

BLunted

Banned
what about the weight limit?

Even when you are overburdened, you can call your horse and ride to the closest sign post for fast travel.

I usually use crow's perch to dump all my loot. you have 2 regular vendors who will buy all the stuff from your junk tab, the armoursmith and the chick next to him as well for the rest.

Nbz

How did you get 130? Mine is 90. Is there a larger saddlebag and if so - where?

There is a merchant somewhere in Velen (south east maybe?) who has a 70 weight capacity bag that you can buy. I believe there is also a merchant in Novigrad who sells the same bag, but for a higher price

Beefy

So the guide book says there is a quest at the start of the game when leaving the tavern to help bring back a man's horse. I've not seen this, did the book maybe get the location wrong? It's says you can only do it during prologue of the main quest something ends, something begins. Problem is I don't see anything named that. Anyone see this quest yet?

Some quests in the guide say they only open up after certain points in the game. That may have been one? Even in White Orchard there are a few quests that open up later.

reminder

If you don't like Skyrim or Dragon Age, then pass on this one.

I also didn't like Skyrim and Dragon Age. I was in no way hyped for The Witcher 3 and pre-ordered it like 3 days before release just because i watched a single gameplay preview. I started playing and i'm absolutely in love with this game since the very first second.

I cannot say that he'll like the TW3 too, but only because someone doesn't like similar games doesn't mean that he'll dislike TW3 too. For me, TW3 is leagues above the mentioned games.

I started This week by replaying Witcher 2.... Couldn't bare it anymore, dropped it and swithed to Witcher 3... Good lord, the game feels much better, a lot less of the jankiness of the second one.

Animation wise, The Running animation for Geralt takes too long to gain momentum. I think that's visible throughout his locomotion animations. A good exemple of what to do: Assassin's creed 3 and onward. The Running animation was also key framed and sticks out like a sore thumb since a lot of the animations are mocap'ed. You can't half ass the Main character's locomotion animations, They are the one's you'll see the most.

Nonetheless, I love the game. Good job.

Salvadora

What, you sell stuff instead of dismantling them for crafting items like a good RPG gamer should?

My eyelid just twitched. And I loot everything.
I haven't found it particularly worthwhile to dismantle items so far.

So much of it is obtained via looting that it's much more favourable to just sell in.

aku:jiki

Looting everything is ok, but how do you overcome the fear of selling something you'll need later....
When you have 99 leather scraps and a blueprint requires like 5 of them at most, you start to realize that perhaps there's quite a lot of crafting ingredients available.

Also, when you're at 10k+, you really don't care that 5 pieces of leather cost like 500 crowns.

Even when you are overburdened, you can call your horse and ride to the closest sign post for fast travel.

I usually use crow's perch to dump all my loot. you have 2 regular vendors who will buy all the stuff from your junk tab, the armoursmith and the chick next to him as well for the rest.
Yup. Also worth noting is that the lady is flush with cash and can often buy your whole inventory in one go.

Jedi2016

This game, man. This bloody game.

Tower of Mice quest spoiler
In the end, I brought Graham to the island and well.. I think that's the right choice, although I am curious how it would have turned out if I had taken her remains off the island instead.
Not the best idea.. lol. Graham was legit, I gave him the bones and he just stood around, I didn't think he was going to do anything, so I left. As I was walking away from the hut I hear a blood-curdling scream, so I run back just in time to see the pesta hovering over Graham's body right before she vanishes. There were no clues where she'd gone. I'll have to return there later and see if there's a contract for her. The curse was still lifted once she was off the island, though. Doing it your way was the better choice, I think.

The
mob boss
quest line in Novigrad has been a needlessly awesome diversion up until now. It seamlessly leads into a few other plot threads too. Why the hell does this need to be so good? CDPR at straight up loonies

Just
killed whoreson. Fucking hell what a piece of shit.

Tacitus_

RE: Deadly Plot continuation, you'll get it after advancing the main storyline.

What, you sell stuff instead of dismantling them for crafting items like a good RPG gamer should?

My eyelid just twitched. And I loot everything.

Tbh, you only need to dismantle the rare stuff since they drop something more than the basic metal bars or leathers. Waste of money to be dismantling basic swords for iron bars.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Emerald dust is so expensive, anyone know where I can find this item?

You get plenty in velen. One of the first main quests arriving there had you taking on a few wraiths which drop it, otherwise I've looted them off random sacks too. Hard to come by in white orchard so press on just a bit to velen.

Jedi2016

Are there vendors that will pay full price for the rare junk? I have a necklace that says it's worth over 400 crowns, but none of the merchants will give me close to that. Is there a rich stupid merchant somewhere I can pawn this stuff off on?

Not the best idea.. lol. Graham was legit, I gave him the bones and he just stood around, I didn't think he was going to do anything, so I left. As I was walking away from the hut I hear a blood-curdling scream, so I run back just in time to see the pesta hovering over Graham's body right before she vanishes. There were no clues where she'd gone. I'll have to return there later and see if there's a contract for her. The curse was still lifted once she was off the island, though. Doing it your way was the better choice, I think.

Yeah I did the same as you. His home is basically in
Oreton
so I think your consequence may be visible there with the
plague it may bring

There is a merchant somewhere in Velen (south east maybe?) who has a 70 weight capacity bag that you can buy. I believe there is also a merchant in Novigrad who sells the same bag, but for a higher price

Cool I'm in that area now so will do some searching thanks.

Blacksmith wife in Crow's Perch.

Thanks seems to be a few merchants that might sell it. I'm quite far from there now but if I can't find it where I'm at and supposedly around here I'll go there.

megalowho

Again, can I safely sell or dismantle the items in the Junk category? I don't want to sell stuff I can use for crafting.
You can check out how junk items break down at armor or weapon crafters to get a better sense of what's safe to sell and what you might want to keep.

Novoitus

Banned
So, my game just started constantly crashing on the Broken Flowers quest in Novigrad on PC. Able to play for like a minute and it crashes. Anybody else have this problem?

edit: so putting the game in fullscreen seemed to fix it. weird

Auctopus

This game, man. This bloody game.

Tower of Mice quest spoiler
This quest, my lord, amazing. I had stumbled upon Fyke Isle before I had actually completed the 'An Invitation from Keira Metz' and that tower was terrifying to ay the least. I explored every nook and cranny of it, but at one point I couldn't find any more leads. I found some notes on Alexander, the mage that lived there, and I instantly remembered a letter that I had found in Keira's hut, that was addressed at her lover who worked on his research in a tower of some sort. So when I got to the point that I accepted Keira's invitation, I was actually surprised that Geralt said that he had already visited the place. It's small things like that that make it all the more immersive, imagine if he had stood there like 'hmm, doesn't ring a bell'. Sure, I wasn't able to blow up in Keira's face regarding her lover's handiwork. Now, for the actual quest line. I loved the interaction between Geralt and Annabelle. It's fun that you actually have to attentively listen to the npc, that way it was possible to pick up on the fact that she was lying. In the end, I brought Graham to the island and well.. I think that's the right choice, although I am curious how it would have turned out if I had taken her remains off the island instead.

I agree, this is the best side quest lines I've played so far. I wish Geralt didnt even say "Did you just lie there?" and they'd left it up to the player to notice.

Basketball

Screenshot-Original.png

Sun_May_24_04-37-47_EDT_2015_1.png

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
cdpr stealth made wind waker 2

w1yejj2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom