• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I've ever played an RPG where leveling up takes as long as it does here. Not that it's a bad thing, I don't mind it at all, just an observation.

Despite a lot of shortcoming of the traditional WRPG jankiness , i think this is one of the best game in recent years.

Cant wait for mods to fix the combat a bit.

Coreda

Yeah, so I just resumed playing on xbox one this morning, played for about 3 hours. Every time i go to manually save -- "Cannot save right now"

So i'm like okay, i must be in a quest that won't let me save
I die and i cant click load most recent save..
I go to load save and the last save is from yesterday

What the fuck
So fuckin angry that I might not even play this anymore. Shit autosaving in this fuckin game.

It could be this bug:

This has probably already been shared but...

For those of you playing on Xbox One - don't shut down your system with the instant on function enabled while you have the game still running. Doing so will cause your game to fail to save the next time you go to play - losing all of your forward progress. Also the Xbox will have to be hard reset for the game to load any previous saves. Luckily I noticed this after 15 minutes, but some people have lost hours of progress.

I'm currently testing leaving the instant on enabled, but dashboarding and quitting the game before shutting the Xbox off. Hopefully that's a viable workaround until a patch fixes it.

I've added it to the OT2 draft as it's fairly critical.

Anustart

Haven't played too much yet, but I liked the quest in the swamp near the niilf camp in white orchard area. Merchant losing his wagon turned into a nice little situation that seemed like it could have happened. Amd the frying pan quest.

Just seems like a real world.

I have the same problem...beat the final kid in Velen and got the same card that sounded familiar. Checked all 4 factions, still nothing.

Eredin is a leader card. Go to your monster deck, click on change leaders and there you have four possible leader cards.

It could be this bug:

I've added it to the OT2 draft as it's fairly critical.

Yeah, super tight. Really annoying that this garbage can happen, especially with Xbox being the "lead platform"

I'm done until next patch. Don't feel like fighting through all of that over again just to have the game fuck up on me again.

Vinc

How have I missed out on this series for all these years? This game is absolutely incredible. Just finishing up as many side quests as possible in Velen before I head to Novigrad. There's just so much to do and none of it feels like padding; I love it.

RDreamer

Any tips on how to create a good monster deck for Gwent? Which inn/shopkeepers have the right cards or whom do I need to beat? It's seem to be the most rare deck for sure, rarely run into a merchant that has any monster cards on him.

Also lol, the Crow's Perch blacksmith's apprentice completely stomped me with her monster deck. She puts down one card, that one summons 3 others, then puts down another which summons a whole bunch of others. Add in the horn ability of Eredin, and then you got me getting kicked in the balls - hard.

I am still running the baseline deck with some adjustments based on cards that I picked up. Scoia'tael and monster are just a pain in the ass due to the fact they do not seem to be reliant on their hands at all.

I wanna know how to quickly make any of the other decks. I've played like crazy and still don't have enough cards to field any of the others.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Been playing in Velen up until
the Werewolf right after I had helped Johnny get his voice back
. That's 16h played, and while it has been pretty good so far, it does feel a bit dissapointing in that much of the game so far feels pretty linear. Much more then I expected after The Witcher 2. I hope it does open up a bit after this, since I don't want to do too much the same way if I replay it.

Not sure what you mean here seeing how W2 was extremely linear.
Outside of the one major choice in W2, which only forked the same single path to the requisite conclusion, that game pushed you along a tight rope. Many critical quests in that game even required a specific order of completion("wait for events to unfold") listed constantly in the journal if you try to deter.

Newman96

Anyone else experienced a bug during The Last Wish?
Yennefer gets on the boat and I've jumped on but nothing happens. She just shouts at me asking if I'm getting in

Edit: Never mind, sorted it. Just me being dull

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Question about the Swap Thing contract.
I gave the guy a week to get his funds in order but I'm not sure where to find him again since it's not marked on the map. Could I get some guidance?

RDreamer

I gave the guy a week to get his funds in order but I'm not sure where to find him again since it's not marked on the map. Could I get some guidance?

Same spot he was the first time. Basically there's a small building you can see on the map straight left of the orphans in the bog. Go there.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Same spot he was the first time. Basically there's a small building you can see on the map straight left of the orphans in the bog. Go there.

Thanks. I lose my bearings in the bog pretty easily and I met him before I had located any named landmarks.

As much as I'm enjoying the game, the loot system is a fucking joke. Came across some guarded treasure. It was guarded by a level 28 monster, I'm level 14. Took a couple of tries, but I killed it. What's the fucker guarding you ask? A level 9 sword and some other miscellaneous crap.

foxtrot3d

Banned

Don't fret,
once a week has passed the quest will pop back up and remind you pointing you the way. In any event, he's near Crookback Bog to the South I believe, just look for some hut on your map near Crookback Bog.

As much as I'm enjoying the game, the loot system is a fucking joke. Came across some guarded treasure. It was guarded by a level 28 monster, I'm level 14. Took a couple of tries, but I killed it. What's the fucker guarding you ask? A level 9 sword and some other miscellaneous crap.

I find all guarded treasure is pretty much crap or a toss up, the real loot comes from those actual Treasure Hunt quests.

Chiggs

Gold Member

I think the issue is with the monsters, For instance, a level 6 or 7 gargoyle is far more difficult than some monsters well into the late teens.

Saint9806

The
Ladies of the Woods
quest was great. I chose to
kill Whispering Willock which didn't look like the best decision with what happened after.
Guess I will have to take care of those
witches
later in the game.

Salsa

mannnn doing witcher contracts on death march is definetly my favorite part of the game

also I wasnt gettin the love for Quen on blood and broken bones but it's absolutely necessary in this difficulty

alt is pretty great too

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Just finished Keira's questline.
"I can't believe we fucked."

lol

Huh? She didn't say that to me after that. And I even did the follow up where
I sent her to Kael Morhen or w/e it's called.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Huh? She didn't say that to me after that. And I even did the follow up where
I sent her to Kael Morhen or w/e it's called.

It's one of the dialog choices you can say to her.

I find all guarded treasure is pretty much crap or a toss up, the real loot comes from those actual Treasure Hunt quests.

I think the issue is with the monsters, For instance, a level 6 or 7 gargoyle is far more difficult than some monsters well into the late teens.

Yeah, this pretty much seems to be the case. It is a bit discouraging for the exploration. But most everything else in the game is really good, so I can forgive it a bit.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Is there a list of all the sexable women?

Need it for uh, research.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I feel so posh.

WoodlandBeast11.jpg

Lakitu

st5fu
Cannot beat this fucking
Werewolf
during the Wild at Heart quest.

I'm level 5, I'm using cursed oil, Igni but that chump
keeps on regenerating health and kills me.

The obnoxious load times after deaths aren't helping.

Seriously, this shit is tougher than any Bloodborne boss battle.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Took this avatar from the OT, so whoever made it: thanks!

Hoo-doo

Banned
I hate having to hold Witcher Senses to find stuff. It janks up the controls, the framerate, the visuals, it's an awful effect all around.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just done Devil by the well.

I LOVE how it gives you a backstory and its more you end her suffering that just 'slay a monster'

Cannot beat this fucking
Werewolf

Probably means you should upgrade your silver sword. Are you still using your original one?

Cannot beat this fucking
Werewolf

I had a bit of trouble with that part,
make sure you use some potions (I used Thunderbolt and Swallow), have some food ready. His first phase is easy, but after he transforms it seemed to get much harder. Try to dodge his attacks and make sure to eliminate the smaller wolves he spawns first, then focus on him. I found what worked best was dodging, then getting in a couple of heavy attacks. You can stagger him, and follow them up with a bunch of fast attacks as well. Keep on him and don't let him regenerate, if you dodge properly you should be able to do it without getting hit too much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom