• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordicus

Cannot beat this fucking
Werewolf
during the Wild at Heart quest.

I'm level 5, I'm using cursed oil, Igni but that chump
keeps on regenerating health and kills me.

The obnoxious load times after deaths aren't helping.

Seriously, this shit is tougher than any Bloodborne boss battle.
I suggest you leave the quest until you get some Dancing Star bombs, preferrably enhanced version. It's much more reliable at inflicting the burning ailment
which should stop the regen

phaze

Goddamn CDPR deprived me of on opportunity to finally meet Field Marshal Duda. ._. And Percival.

I wish the map clearly marked where the explorable area ends cause an straight forward rectangle it is certainly not. The area in the east north on the level of Novigrad is unexplorable.

Finished the Family Matters quest but I've to say I'm not quite sure what all the was fuzz about. I hope I will "get it" in the optional continuation of the baron questline.

To not sound so overwhelmingly negative; game is very good and I dare say even now, clearly best CDPR's effort.

Newman96

Romance question..

Will there be repercussions if I tell Yen I still love her during her sidequest...if I told Triss I loved her too?

well after 15 minutes of trying to get the game to load I finnaly end up in a boss fight against nithral only to have the game lock up and now im stuck loading again.

serious.. what a pile of shit.

Currently lvl10 after 29hrs and family matters was just a fantastic quest.
released the whispering willock and agreed to help the baron get Anna back. Chose the flower doll which allowed them to say goodbye before Anna died. Went back to see baron and he had hung himself.

I know he was a wife beater but felt sorry for him near the end

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Black Pearl ending:
man, fuck alzheimer's ;_;

finalflame

Man, I just
found an abandoned town covered in bandits. Killed them all, and then the townspeople showed back up to start rebuilding! I totally did not expect that, and this was my first "whoa" moment in the game. I wonder if they'll actually rebuild over time and go back to normalcy. Probably not, but still awesome.

Loving this game.

Bessy67

Ugh, there's just one more location on the map to loot in White Orchard but it's underwater and guarded by a bunch of high level drowners. I can't seem to kill them fast enough with the crossbow either.

Didn't people say there was going to be a proper Day 1 patch? I just noticed I'm on 1.01, I thought there was supposed to be another patch in addition to the one reviewers used pre-release

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Certainly the furthest I've ever got in a Witcher game so far, off to Novigrad after a few more sidequests, so they've done some things better this time round.

As usual, story and world are excellence, combat is amongst worst in the industry. Hitboxes are some of the worst I've ever experienced, the animations are ill-matched to the flow of combat, and its just... christ. Popping the same boring set of spells on, using crap spell wheel to swap if I want an offensive one, accidentally lose shield, enemy takes half of health off, rinse and repeat to boring victory or cheapshit death and massive reload.

If they ever make another Witcher, please: Fire/politely let go the combat and movement staff. Theyre shit and holding the entire outfit back. Its also not a case of budget as well, as other smaller devs managed to clone Dark Souls combat in things like Lords of Fallen.

usp84

I'm still level 1. No quests are at my level. Main one recommends level 3. I have no idea what to do.

You dont have to be exactly or above the recommended level of the quests or the monsters you fight.It just has to be green for you to be able to beat it even with some diffculty

Jamaro85

I'm still level 1. No quests are at my level. Main one recommends level 3. I have no idea what to do.

I've sadly only had the chance to play the game for a few hours total the other day, but at level 1 on Death March I've pretty much done nothing but roam around after reaching White Orchard. I've been killing level 3 ghouls, level 5 wolves. If a quest is level 3 I'm sure you can handle it on any difficulty.

d3vnull

So earlier I stumbled over this yellow exclamation mark quest where a bunch of people are being attacked by ghouls from a cave.

I was too weak and decided to come back later.

Now I have arrived at the big city I went back.

Instead of triggering that short cutscene the guy with the exclamation mark just attacked me...

What happened?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Ugh, there's just one more location on the map to loot in White Orchard but it's underwater and guarded by a bunch of high level drowners. I can't seem to kill them fast enough with the crossbow either.

Yeah, I'm lvl 3 and said "Fuck it" once I saw these drowners were lvl 10. Guess i'll come back to finish White Orchard once I'm lvl 6 or 7.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Can anyone help? I'm sat at the dialogue option!

Lol I love this stuff. She will probably be like

Yen: Oh yea? Still love me do you?

*TELEPORT*

Triss: I heard that before

Geralt:
andrehead.png

Animator

Is Bioware embarrassed?

Bioware is amateur hour compared to witcher. W3 has triple the content of bioware games yet none of it is filler. Half the quests in DAI were of the "hey I know you are busy saving the world but take this medicine to my sick mom across the map so we can make the game longer" variety. It is not even a contest, CDPR is the best when it comes to games like this.

So I have played nearly 40 hours of this, about two of those hours on Skellige, and I still have 14 side quests in Velen/Novigrad and 11 Witcher contracts. And that's presuming I've discovered every quest, which I doubt I have. And I've hardly touched points of interest. This game just goes forever. And I have still yet to do a boring or poorly written quest. Madness.

Staf

The quest Carnal sins... holy fucking hell what a great quest! All these side quests are better than most RPGs main quests for crying out lout.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Glorious wasn't it? You know Geralt was questing with three broadswords what with Keira sporting that nip slip gown the entire time.

Having played through W2 again recently, there are a couple throwaway conversation lines and books about Keira Metz in that game describing her reputation as being the most lustful among the sorceresses. So awesome you get to meet her in this game, didn't expect that.

Jindrax

Guys have a look at this:
Video

how is he doing that cool episode 3 revenge of the sith behind back spinning epicness???

I've never had him do this and I've played this game for ages xD

Bioware is amateur hour compared to witcher. W3 has triple the content of bioware games yet none of it is filler. Half the quests in DAI were of the "hey I know you are busy saving the world but take this medicine to my sick mom across the map so we can make the game longer" variety. It is not even a contest, CDPR is the best when it comes to games like this.

I stopped playing Inquisition when an NPC asked me to find a ram that escaped from his farm called Lord Woolsey. The quest was as simple as walking to the marked location on the map, seeing a ram, my character literally saying (along the lines of) "Lord Woolsey? Your family misses you. Please would you go home now?" Then walking back to the quest giver for a reward.

What

the

fuck?

Xieldos

Quick question, if you go into a main quest mission and half way through discover that you're probably not a high enough level to actually finish it, is there anyway of quitting it....

Kind of think I've bitten off more than I can chew on this mission...

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

That fine. you could probably go up to level 4 maybe 5. The ones with a red skull just avoid because it will probably destroy you.

What sort of bombs do you need to destroy monster nests?

Grapeshot, Samum or Dancing Star work for me.

Video

how is he doing that cool episode 3 revenge of the sith behind back spinning epicness???

I'm about to get this. It's the Whirl attack unlockable under Combat. You need 20 points unlocked in the branch to use it.

kinggroin

Banned
Having played through W2 again recently, there are a couple throwaway conversation lines and books about Keira Metz in that game describing her reputation as being the most lustful among the sorceresses. So awesome you get to meet her in this game, didn't expect that.

Whoa that's bad ass. Don't recall reading about her in 2.

Glad we got to meet in any event.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
What sort of bombs do you need to destroy monster nests?

Bomb descriptions tell you. Grapeshots and Samum certainly work so just have one in available. Also, make sure to walk over and interact with the nest to destroy it after killing the enemies. Throwing bombs at the nest won't destroy it. Geralt needs to plant the bomb inside manually.

I stopped playing Inquisition when an NPC asked me to find a ram that escaped from his farm called Lord Woolsey. The quest was as simple as walking to the marked location on the map, seeing a ram, my character literally saying (along the lines of) "Lord Woolsey? Your family misses you. Please would you go home now?" Then walking back to the quest giver for a reward.

What

the

fuck?

The Witcher 3 has a similar mission to be honest. Although it is executed much better.

phaze

Dijkstra has a history with Geralt. (Book spoilers: Time of Contempt)
Geralt broke his arm during the coup by Vilgefortz on Thanedd Island.

(Times of Contempt spoilers)
A leg I think. So that he couldn't go after him. One of my favourite bits from the books.:p

Video

This really looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom