• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDCowboy

I feel so posh.

WoodlandBeast11.jpg

Where'd you get that armor?

Pooya

I legitimately feel bad for other developers tackling this genre

The comparisons are going to get ugly, I foresee a lot of horrible locked threads around here :b

Bethesda's next game is going to get compared to hell and back to this if it's being announced this E3, I'm sure they have something good though, Bethesda always steps up their game majorly game after game even though there are still plenty recurring issues every time. Skyrim had a huge impact on everyone, CDP included and we can see how good that is.

Whatever, I think exciting times are ahead for RPG fans, this game seemingly having a big impact unlike the first two games which were like just cult classics. It is sure to influence a lot of upcoming games with its design and that's great to me. A lot of open world games are just so poorly designed and that's the genre that's in high demand right now and could use a lot of new good ideas. It's just that you don't simply make a game like this. Not with ten thousand men could ubisoft do this. It is folly.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
This game is really something. I can't believe how good the sidequests and just writing in general are. been absolutely in love with it for days now.

But the auto-center camera still annoys the shit out of me. I wish I had this on PC, cause I know someone is going to mod that straightaway, and it'll be a much better game for it.

Btw people... turn off the mini-map and question mark icons on the big map. So much better. I even turn off enemy health bars.

Jindrax

The comparisons are going to get ugly, I foresee a lot of horrible locked threads around here :b

Bethesda's next game is going to get compared to hell and back to this if it's being announced this E3, I'm sure they have something good though, Bethesda always steps up their game majorly game after game even though there are still plenty recurring issues.

Whatever, I think exciting times are ahead for RPG fans, this game seemingly having a big impact unlike the first two games which were like just cult classics. It is sure to influence a lot of upcoming games with its design and that's great to me. A lot of open world games are just so poorly designed and that's the genre that's in high demand right now and could use a lot of new good ideas. It's just that you don't simply make a game like this. Not with ten thousand men could ubisoft do this. It is folly.

Bethesda's next game is Fallout4, pretty much confirmed now.

jwhit28

I really like the combat. I'm playing on the 2nd to hardest difficulty and it truly is challenging. I HAVE to use potions, traps, environmental explosives, and buffs for what should he mundane fights. Standard enemies are more difficult than what you fight in Sound games, but I think Souls games have the edge on bosses (well maybe not DS2).

Killing that Griffin felt great. Dying to wolves, not so much.

Sorian

Banned
I stopped playing Inquisition when an NPC asked me to find a ram that escaped from his farm called Lord Woolsey. The quest was as simple as walking to the marked location on the map, seeing a ram, my character literally saying (along the lines of) "Lord Woolsey? Your family misses you. Please would you go home now?" Then walking back to the quest giver for a reward.

What

the

fuck?

Weird quest to get mad at actually. If you read between the lines, that ram was a demon. If you knew that you'd then know it was ok to attack, kill it, and have an alt ending to the quest.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Whoa that's bad ass. Don't recall reading about her in 2.

Glad we got to meet in any event.

Might have just been on the Iorveth path as I don't recall much discussion about the sorceresses on Roche's side. Can't recall who it was, but somewhere I had a long conversation about the Lodge of Sorceresses and they went into slight detail about each member. Keira Metz stuck with me since her description was along the lines of "she is too busy fucking to get involved with the events here" or some such. She is mentioned a few other times too along similar lines.

But yea, mostly came away surprised how many little clues and snippets for W3 were embedded in W2. Even Ciri is brought up several times, usually surrounding Geralt regaining his memories of Yen and the Wild Hunt, but the "Ashen haired girl" was always a mystery to me until now. Really confusing at the time though unless you read the books I guess, I had no clue.

Lunar15

Loot system in this game is confusing. I'm doing a level 6 quest and every single piece of armor or weapon I pick up is level 1.

Cannot beat this fucking
Werewolf
during the Wild at Heart quest.

I'm level 5, I'm using cursed oil, Igni but that chump
keeps on regenerating health and kills me.

The obnoxious load times after deaths aren't helping.

Seriously, this shit is tougher than any Bloodborne boss battle.

Go back and get the School of the Viper silver sword from White Orchard.

If they ever make another Witcher, please: Fire/politely let go the combat and movement staff. Theyre shit and holding the entire outfit back. Its also not a case of budget as well, as other smaller devs managed to clone Dark Souls combat in things like Lords of Fallen.

They didn't clone it well, though. Game played like a clunky mess.

xezuru

I hope soon someone can piece together an Ultimate Gwent guide so I wont miss any of the cards.
I'm running out of dudes to throw down with and steal their cards, people look at me in fear.
MFs be lookin at me like I'm a main character of Yugioh.
So much work trying to check every nook for my next victims, it's pretty sad when almost every game I get ez 100+ point rounds.

City maps with all the merchants would suffice I guess too.

So, I have a couple questions.

How do you upgrade witcher gear?

I've seen this mentioned a lot.

Also, I love this game and the feel of it; just the fact that it feels like RDR+Old School 90s RPG makes it incredibly fresh and an automatic masterpiece.

I'm 70 hours in or there about and I've just recently gotten to novigrad and I have a long list of high and mid level contracts. I've done most of the Family Matters questline, and I am assuming that it probably weaves into the Hunting a Witch questline.

I also met a singing troll. Well, this challenges my potential GOTY/GOAT nomination of MGSV:TPP.

I've also encountered several random events and quests that have surprised me with their depth, none of the content in this game is filler. NONE.

Which is amazing when you compare it to something like DA:I which was so awful because I realized everything was literally fetch quests, the characters were boring, and the story was plodding and eventually amounted to nothing.

The story in this game is like, not even comparable, it's leagues ahead of anything in the genre currently.

CS_Dan

I stopped playing Inquisition when an NPC asked me to find a ram that escaped from his farm called Lord Woolsey. The quest was as simple as walking to the marked location on the map, seeing a ram, my character literally saying (along the lines of) "Lord Woolsey? Your family misses you. Please would you go home now?" Then walking back to the quest giver for a reward.

What

the

fuck?
To be fair I liked that mission for how dumb it was. I disliked the game overall though, didn't get far into the story at all.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Cannot beat this fucking
Werewolf
during the Wild at Heart quest.

I'm level 5, I'm using cursed oil, Igni but that chump
keeps on regenerating health and kills me.

The obnoxious load times after deaths aren't helping.

Seriously, this shit is tougher than any Bloodborne boss battle.

I had trouble on my first try, but beat him easily on my second. You've just gotta keep attacking without getting hit too often, and you'll easily outdamage his regen. I'm playing on Death March, so it's not that I have made things easy for myself. Just gotta figure out his pattern, and then he's not too bad at all. Basically I think I just did dodge-attack-attack every time he lunged at me, and he was soon downed. And of course Quen, Cursed Oil (I think), etc.

EDIT:

Go back and get the School of the Viper silver sword from White Orchard.

Oh yeah, I did have that. Very nice upgrade over your starting sword.

For fucks sake, don't spoil story shit in this thread!

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

What

the

fuck?

It took me about an hour to do that fucking mission. It was buggy as shit.

Anyone know if there are weapon sets similar to the
school of the Viper swords
around level 7-10? Feeling due for an upgrade and I don't want to miss anything.

boskee

What

the

fuck?

I got the impression that that quest was a direct piss take, tbh.

It definitely was. For anyone that's wondering, it involves
bringing up a goat whose name is Princess.
That name is what gives it up as a direct dig at the quest Darkstorne has described.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Anyone who has a problem with the way this game looks is insane
18051982575_0b18243bcb_o.png

I'm totally rebuying this game on PC once I've built a new one later this year. Not that the PS4 version doesn't look great, it definitely does (would be even better if they could get the hitching out though), but I'd like to experience it with everything cranked to the absolute max.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Are names of people spoilers now?, ok sorry...

"X and Y are at important location Z sometime later in the story." That's definitely a spoiler, yes. I haven't even met X yet in my adventure, and now I already know where she'll eventually end up (which might not be a shocking revelation, but still). That kinda sucks.

Are there any .ini tweaks to remove the "dirty camera" effects? Like, when you look at the sun and you see spots on the screen. I find it rather annoying.

KorrZ

This games biggest flaw is the armor sets that give you puffy santa clause belly -_- whyyyy. I'm ditching this griffin armor asap because of it.

I love the way they put the forest in the game, like sometimes are very dense others with empty fields, i love watching the sunrise through the forests.

Been trying to kill the griffin, but having some problem, playing on max difficulty dont know if thats it, but even taking advantage of his weakness and using some oils, i still lose every time...guess i have to level up maybe one level or so.

His vitality takes way too long droops.

Bry0

This games biggest flaw is the armor sets that give you puffy santa clause belly -_- whyyyy. I'm ditching this griffin armor asap because of it.
Its a fairly realistic armor design. There are plenty to choose from though.

Psoelberg

The
Ladies of the Woods
quest was great. I chose to
kill Whispering Willock which didn't look like the best decision with what happened after.
Guess I will have to take care of those
witches
later in the game.

You definitely made the
..right..
choice. I did the opposite, which
didn't have great consequences in the long run.

Salsa

Guys have a look at this:
Video

how is he doing that cool episode 3 revenge of the sith behind back spinning epicness???

I've never had him do this and I've played this game for ages xD

thank god im saving points

havent invested much in combat this time around since red mutagens are scarce

mileS

after taking a longer look at the skill trees I've been doing some thinking on how to plan my build out.

These two skills seem like it would be extremely powerful when used together

Rage Management
Levels: 1
Description: If you don't have enough stamina to cast signs, you'll use adrenaline points instead.

Adrenaline Burst
Levels: 1
Description: Increases how quickly you gain adrenaline points. On top of that, signs now also generate adrenaline points.

So I've seen some notice boards pop quest again after a while, wonder how much that happens, I'll probably just continue the main quest or else I'll be doing secondary quests forever, also I seem overleveled for everything now.

Thanks for the advice guys, I've given up for now but I'll return later.

It's a diagram right? Where can I go to craft swords? Everywhere I've been so far in Velen/Novigrad just crafts armour.

There's an amateur blacksmith at the Nilfgardian garrison in White Orchard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom