• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

So I've seen some notice boards pop quest again after a while, wonder how much that happens, I'll probably just continue the main quest or else I'll be doing secondary quests forever, also I seem overleveled for everything now.

im pretty sure they don't add anything tho

like, you can take the same quests again basically

once it's white there's nothing new

Bry0

Any word what the highest level requirement are for gear heard best witcher
gear goes to lvl 30?
I have been using the master crafted bear school gear that required level 31. I'm not sure if the other witcher sets go higher. I'm sure randomized gear likely goes higher.

I wish there was a glossary or something that indicated where specific herbs might grow or be found. Annoying to be short a couple for a potion/bomb but have no idea where you found them in the first place.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
thank god im saving points

havent invested much in combat this time around since red mutagens are scarce

It's driving me nuts to find red mutagens. I need 2 more to create a greater so my attack power will go up to 10%. At the moment I'm sticking with a werewolf 5%.

Just took the camp out and didn't get the armor. Dang. :(

Did you check both crates? If so it seems to be random then. I followed a video today for the enhanced Thunderbolt potion yet the crate in the video for me didn't have it.

Has anybody already found out what is affected in the game by your Witcher 2 choice of saving Triss or going the other route?

When you take the Triss route (Witcher 2 spoilers, I guess) it is implied in the ending that the witch hunts are prevented. I've imported my savegame where I went for Triss, but the witch hunts are going on in full force in the Witcher 3 (actually, it's as if I took the other way). Considering that the witch hunts seem to be a major plot point in the game, it doesn't seem likely that the choice of either saving Triss or going the other way does in any way affect this plotline, but I'm curious what exactly it affects instead.

SDCowboy

Did you check both crates? If so it seems to be random then. I followed a video today for the enhanced Thunderbolt potion yet the crate in the video for me didn't have it.

Both chests? Yeah. I did get a new sword though so I was worth it anyway, though. Thanks man.

I apologise if it's been covered already in this thread but I've hit a problem. I picked up the recipe for an enhanced oil before crafting the base version (I don't even know if I even got the base recipe either).

Now the enhanced version has replaced the base version in my alchemy list, but I need the base version to make the enhanced version, but cannot craft it any longer.

Anyone else have this issue? Are there any solutions?

im pretty sure they don't add anything tho

like, you can take the same quests again basically

once it's white there's nothing new

Ok that makes more sense, still there is some spots left on the map and I haven't done more than the initial quests on Skellige, even on hard difficulty I'm at level 18 and main quests are at level 13-14.

KorrZ

Ok that makes more sense, still there is some spots left on the map and I haven't done more than the initial quests on Skellige, even on hard difficulty I'm at level 18 and main quests are at level 13-14.

Is it true that hard difficulty lowers the xp you receive? If so I can't imagine what its like on normal. I'm overleveling everything as well. Lvl 11 right now with tons of side quests to do and main quest is lvl 6...

aku:jiki

Anyone who has a problem with the way this game looks is insane
It's amazing how I've been playing this game for 40 hours and a screenshot can still make me stop and go "god damn" even though I've even been to the area you screenshotted.

I normally try to concede flaws when praising something so as to not seem a complete fanboy, but I really can't find anything to criticize about the graphics. Maybe the water could look a little better. Prettiest game of its kind ever.

Just finished the wild at heart quests, every time I think it's gonna be some quick easy quest it turns into a story I'm fully invested in. There's no game close to what this game brings story telling wise.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Both chests? Yeah. I did get a new sword though so I was worth it anyway, though. Thanks man.

Yeah there is one down on the floor but the other is still on the cart more out of sight. I only noticed it now on the way back through since the icon hadn't dimmed.

Jolkien

Hah in a span of about 10 minutes I've found the superior ursine silver sword and mastercrafted... now I gotta find the regular one.

Zakalwe

Banned
Certainly the furthest I've ever got in a Witcher game so far, off to Novigrad after a few more sidequests, so they've done some things better this time round.

As usual, story and world are excellence, combat is amongst worst in the industry. Hitboxes are some of the worst I've ever experienced, the animations are ill-matched to the flow of combat, and its just... christ. Popping the same boring set of spells on, using crap spell wheel to swap if I want an offensive one, accidentally lose shield, enemy takes half of health off, rinse and repeat to boring victory or cheapshit death and massive reload.

If they ever make another Witcher, please: Fire/politely let go the combat and movement staff. Theyre shit and holding the entire outfit back. Its also not a case of budget as well, as other smaller devs managed to clone Dark Souls combat in things like Lords of Fallen.

If you're not using all the spells then you're doing it wrong. Look in the bestiary, every creature is weak to something different. A bomb type, oil, specific spell... you should be flitting between all of these things depending on your target.

And the combat is really good. It took me a while but in the last couple of hours it's clicked. Playing on B&BB.

Once you get the hang of target switching and the two dodges (roll in an emergency, quick step all other times to preserve stamina) it becomes easy to manipulate the position of the group your'e fighting.

Use the correct item/spell for CC or to shut down single targets while you concentrate on others. Don't just spam attacks or enemies will punish you, you need to dance in hit a couple of times and move away. Repeat until you whittle targets down, make sure to prioritise or take multiple to low health and finish off with an AOE blast.

At first it felt incredibly awkward and I thought it was dreadful, now I understand it it's incredibly fluid and responsive.

(Playing on PC with a 360 pad, btw).

-

Sidenote: Gwent is far too addictive. I really hope they add an online lobby at some point.

For some reason I cannot figure out how to throw bombs in combat.

I have them equipped and am pressing RB on Xbox, but he won't throw them. I can blow up monster beats just fine.

Any help?

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
This game is blowing my mind. Soooo good. I dont know if its because i live in canada too but the look of the witcher world gives me so many similitudes with mine that it makes it even more impressive graphically since i notice all the little details put into it.

They hit it out of the park. New open world benchmark.

RDreamer

Absurd:
euaqGvZ.jpg

Jamaro85

"[PL] Ataki specjalne"

I'm guessing this is supposed to be the combat tutorial entry for adrenaline? I guess I wasn't paying enough attention early on to know what adrenaline was used for, so I looked it up, and judging by the entry it seems it would correspond with how you use it.

GavinUK86

Without spoiling too much, has anyone come across Sile yet? She's the only one that isn't alive in my W2 save import, unfortunately.

varkuriru

Played for 9 hours and still in white orchard - this is pretty crazy and I am going to be overwhelmed when I go to the next area.

One funny I find is that there are treasure boxes not marked on the map that give better stuff than the ones that do have one. Unless I am missing some kind of map for those.

Is it true that hard difficulty lowers the xp you receive? If so I can't imagine what its like on normal. I'm overleveling everything as well. Lvl 11 right now with tons of side quests to do and main quest is lvl 6...

You don't get experience from killing stuff, only from quest and some things on the map like monster nest give you experience from what I've seen.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Quick question about the Treasure Hunts in White Orchard...

Via the IGN wiki guide, it seems like they have to be done in a certain order with Deserter Gold first, Dirty Funds second and Temerian Valuables last.

Is this true or it doesn't matter? Thanks.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Hmm, Dandelion implications:
Loading screen recap voice is him, but ingame voice is TW2. I guess the loading screens are actually old Dandelion telling the story we're playing.

RDreamer

Easy to beat with a Biting Frost card.

I know, but I played that dude 3 fucking times and the frost card never came up for me even after re-rolling two cards each round. Finally beat him after that. I just thought it was absurd how high the score got in that. i was grinning knowing I had that many siege weapons and stuff, and then bam.

Zakalwe

Banned
The edit XP mod is amazing. I love the difficulty on B&BB, but the drip fed XP made levelling feel liek a chore.

I've upped it so both quests and enemy kills grant x3 XP, and it feels much more reasonable.

Loading screen recap voice is him, but ingame voice is TW2. I guess the loading screens are actually old Dandelion telling the story we're playing.

Oh, that's the first thing I thought when I heard him. It sounds quite a lot like the original voice actor putting on an older voice.

I have been using the master crafted bear school gear that required level 31. I'm not sure if the other witcher sets go higher. I'm sure randomized gear likely goes higher.

Aah k, its a shame had hoped the master gear would go up to lvl 45+ or something.
Does the game has or will have a new game plus option, from what i heard you max level is 70
is there even content for that level?

(Dandelion implications)
Either that or it's a play being put on where he got someone with a deep voice to play himself. Hope it's not old man Dandelion just because it jumps far enough ahead to where there's unlikely to be another game in the franchise :/

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Been a busy day today, just sitting down to play at 9pm! Time to try and farm the full Feline set.

Sorian

Banned

Biting frost and done. Alternatively I had to go toe to toe with a similar situation. For northern region decks, you should be stacking back row cards and using the leader ability where you can double siege cards.

Edit: for reference I won that same match with 170ish on my side.

Combat in this game is horrific dogshit, and I say this as someone who beat Witcher 2 on Dark and generally enjoyed/tolerated it outside of some glaring issues. This game is awful in that respect, I don't think literally a single aspect of the combat system in this game is good or well designed. The legitimately useless lock on that doesn't seem to be able to stay locked on for more than 5 seconds, Geralt's absurd tendency to constantly whiff and wildly miss enemies right in front of him, the clunky movement, the awful weapon feedback, Geralt's stupid protracted flippy pirouetting attack animations that leave him wide open to attack (this was a problem in 2 but exacerbated in this game), the cumbersome stamina mechanics and their awkward interaction with magic, the terrible case of FFXV syndrome with it's animation locks that force you to commit to every action while being completely unable to guard/roll/sign out of it (playing as Ciri somewhat remedies this problem but 99% of the game is with Geralt), I could go on. Also not a fan of how your weapon breaks after it clashes with another person's literally 3-4 times.

Really tired of having to enjoy WRPGS in spite of their combat, it's been how many years and western game developers still really have no idea how to do action combat system right. I'm getting tired of replaying Dragon's Dogma man, but nobody is even close to measuring up and delivering GOOD, supremely enjoyable action RPG combat like that game did and I don't think that will change anytime soon :/

RDreamer

Biting frost and done. Alternatively I had to go toe to toe with a similar situation. For northern region decks, you should be stacking back row cards and using the leader ability where you can double siege cards.

Edit: for reference I won that same match with 170ish on my side.

Yeah that's what I'm doing. You can see me doing it there. That's why I thought I had it won. Honestly 90% of the opponents point value came in the last two cards or something crazy for him.

>Has a PS4
>Doesn't use inbuilt screenshot functionality

I still honestly haven't figured out the quickest way to get the screenshots to my computer. I should do that at some point...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom