• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

roytheone

Got owned by the
werewolf
at the end of the wild at hearth quest. Instead of trying again immediately, I decide to read the bestiary entry, apply the correct oil to my sword and equip some different skills and potions. Beat it in one try after that. Felt great!
And I let him kill that b** of a sister in law.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Thank God that Velen, Skellige and beyond is so good.

Without spoiling too much,
is there much more main story after the Find Ciri in Skellige arc? I just started it.

SDCowboy

This game is so awesome. The map is so big there is no need to do the main quests. There is always something to find.

Fighting on a cliff during that sunset. Simply amazing

witcher3%202015-05-24%2016-23-50-34.png

Where did you get that gear and what level is it for? I'm itching to get out of this clown looking outfit. lol

Something that's throwing me is how low level nearly all of the quests I've discovered have been so far. I'm level 18 I think. I had a handful of level 20 - 30 recommended quests, mostly monster contracts, but even now arriving in Skellige most quests acquired are my level if not a notch or two lower.

How the fuck is the level cap seventy? Give how much fucking questing I've done I cannot fathom the game providing enough late-level content. I'm also on the final third (Skellige) of the main find Ciri quest, and my gut says once I finish this it'll be moving into the last act.

If there's a lot more after that then I'll be surprised.

One of the reviews said there was a surprising amount of main story left after thhat.

I leveled up second form quen all the way and never used it because it made me a snail. Will have to change that given I now know it gives you health, should have paid attention to the text (tsk tsk tsk)

Danj

I seem to be underleveled, I'm around level 7 and 90% of the quests on my list are coloured red (indicating that they're too hard). Are there repeatable quests in this game that I can grind or something, or did I just miss a bunch of side quests?

You are ok. CDprojekt Dev states
Sex on the unicorn doesn't count - you need to finish The Last Wish quest in order to be with Yennefer.

Wait so does that mean you can
screw Triss but still end up with Yen as long as you don't tell Triss you love her?

Jolkien

Yup. Especially buffed up, you can hold it down without losing stamina and you regain a large amount of HP as the shield gets hit, I typically farm the last enemy to fully heal myself.

Yeah exactly, im not sure if the vitality regained is based on monster damage but on death march 3-4 shot fills my health entirely lol

I always go back to the default witcher armor when taking screenshots. Haven't found anything that looks better yet...

17866622368_de028f9a72_o.jpg

17848566549_92910fc474_o.jpg

Redid my skills. Now I'm playing around with Yrden. The trap that damages enemies is pretty nice, but it takes SOOO long to put it up that it's impossible in the middle of a fight.

JoeMartin

Also I respecced into sign heavy build.

Wow.

Yrden is ridiculously OP. Mob way outside your level? Drop 4 Yrdens and run around in circles.

M.W.

Played for 4 hours late last night, still on the same quest. I kept running into other things to do...

I think I'll end up finishing this game sometime late in the summer. It always takes me long to finish games.

I have about 15-20 hours in and haven't hit Novigrad yet. Good god this is a time sink. Love it though.

I seem to be underleveled, I'm around level 7 and 90% of the quests on my list are coloured red (indicating that they're too hard). Are there repeatable quests in this game that I can grind or something, or did I just miss a bunch of side quests?

Side quests don't give a lot of XP, if you want to level up do the main storyline quests.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Man, that Bloody Baron quest line.. wow one of the best I've ever played. Game has really great writing so far.

Really interested in how they went from the Witcher 2 to a game of this scale. It's weird to have an open world game that feels so alive and a seemingly never ending barrage of interesting quests and characters. I loved the Witcher 2 but it's relatively short for an RPG which makes the huge breadth of the Witcher 3 all the more impressive.

Nere

Just finished the White Orchand prologue and went into Velen. So far the positives are the story and the combat which even though its a bit clunky its deep and strategic but what I seem to not like so far is something that everyone else is praising so I am kinda curious if its just me and that thing are the side quests.

They all so far have been super small 5-10min max and nothing special or complicated. I was expecting tbh either long side quests like skyrim's or oblivion's that take you through a huge dungeon to acquire an epic new weapon that take like 30min to complete or I was expecting the kind of quests you find on fallout new vegas which were super big and had many ways to complete so far I am disappointed by the side quest length which I find super small. I hope I get proven wrong later on and the quests do open up any ideas?

I always go back to the default witcher armor when taking screenshots. Haven't found anything that looks better yet...

Redid my skills. Now I'm playing around with Yrden. The trap that damages enemies is pretty nice, but it takes SOOO long to put it up that it's impossible in the middle of a fight.

I was thinking about how to do the Yrden trap in the middle of a battle. I'm thinking if you have exploding shield on Quen then set that up real quick and then have it explode (release early), your stamina regen should be fast enough to be able to cast Yrden trap (or have the skill that uses an adrenaline). That or maybe Aard AoE blast and then Yrden trap.

The starting armor is definitely the best looking, tempting to get all griffin or cat armor and just have the chest of that (was going to do that for ursine/bear chest armor as well).

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
The Mystery of the Byways Murders.

Can anyone with a spoiler tag let me know what creature I'm facing so I can be prepped.

Edit: Nevermind read the notes and found what it is.

Sephon

50 hours in the game now and that quests are only getting better.
Got a full cat armor set and I'm finally getting the hang of the fighting mechanics, it's amazing. And with potions, oils, concoctions, bombs etc you get a bit of the tactical enjoyment as well, but I really do miss traps.

This is the most awe-inspiring game I've ever played.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Just finished the White Orchand prologue and went into Velen. So far the positives are the story and the combat which even though its a bit clunky its deep and strategic but what I seem to not like so far is something that everyone else is praising so I am kinda curious if its just me and that thing are the side quests.

They all so far have been super small 5-10min max and nothing special or complicated. I was expecting tbh either long side quests like skyrim's or oblivion's that take you through a huge dungeon to acquire an epic new weapon that take like 30min to complete or I was expecting the kind of quests you find on fallout new vegas which were super big and had many ways to complete so far I am disappointed by the side quest length which I find super small. I hope I get proven wrong later on and the quests do open up any ideas?
There's side quests that are longer and have more of a story to them than the main quests. I've done more than one that's had me checking my quest menu to see if they were really side quests. White Orchard is a small scale tutorial compared to everything else.

Acinixys

Haha

Just wait

Ive been on the same side quest for over 4 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom