• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bloody Baron is a great character. Loved that whole arc.
He's a really horrible person, definitely. But they did such a great job at allowing you to understand him and empathize with him. He's an abusive man who destroyed his family, but the writing is good enough that I really couldn't just vilify him. No excuse for the things he did, and his family was right to leave him, but there's still some humanity in the man. A character like that is really rare in games.

Haha I was in Baron's castle and some soldiers were talking:

'Well... guess its time to bring out the gimp'

'Gims sleepin'

'Well you'll just have to wake em up don't ya'

1365093412_gimp.png
lol there are so many little details in the game it's crazy

Daffy Duck

Is the guide wrong when it says

there are 15 places of power spread evenly over the zones, because there's 6 in white orchard.

Edit: seems there two of one,

justjim89

Just finished Keira's questline.
Inadvertently provoked her into combat, died, then talked her down to going to Kaer Morhen. Lord knows that's bound to have consequences later involving some sort of love triangle or quadrangle with Triss and/or Yenn. I still miss Shani from the first game.

I'm also nearly done with family matters. Just gotta wait for another lead to make itself known. Characters like the Bloody Baron are a testament to how well this game is presented and written. By all rights he should be a despicable character with little motivation for Geralt to help redeem him, but I feel for the guy. The scene where he named Dea as the rain poured down and he held back tears really affected me. Absolutely stunning scene. And other than that, he's such a jovial, boisterous guy I wanna help him get his life on track.

This game, man. This game.

It's also funny how the balance of sign power has shifted. In TW1 and 2, it was all aard and igni all day. But here I've mostly been using quen and axii, with a bi of igni for good measure. Aard seems severely nerfed, at least unupgraded.

grimmiq

Finally got to Novigrad..What the hell is up with
that bitch Elsa from White Orchard? 3 assholes picked a fight with me back in WO, beat them in fisticuffs (didn't use signs or weapons..) and she starts calling me a murderer for killing Temarian boys in WO..I spared the drunk idiot arsonist and the only ones I killed in that particular town were the bandits who were going to kill her and rape some guy's daughter if they found her.

Shit was weird and I recently got the one hitter quitter from a monster near the place of power right under a mountain.

What happens if you push forward towards the place of power near the ruined tower?

Part of the fun is finding out! If you're gonna get stomped automatically, that little skull mark will be above the enemy's head. That's the time to retreat. Other than that? Test your luck! Find out what works and doesn't.

Serrato

I have returned to
Kaer Morhen
and I have a question...

Where is Triss and Keira? If they said they should be here... shouldn't I see them somewhere?

I was wondering why I hadn't seen any Light Shafts yet - because there aren't any if you have Bloom turned off. Blah. I hate bloom. It even adds that shitty "dirty lens" filter that is seen in modern FPS games.
Guess I'll have to live without em.

With the GOG version of TW3 what's the easiest way to take screenshots without linking the game to Steam? The "print screen" button doesn't work in-game and so far there's no built-in way to take screenshots.

fantomena

Completed the story including some side quests and contracts. Reached level 30.

Got the ending were
Ciri lives. FUCK YEAH! :D

What a game. Will definetly be on my GOTY list.

SinSilla

Help!

It seems i have lost the inventory of roach. I can still see the trophy and saddlebag on him, but i can't access the inventory of him nor does it show whats currently equipped.

I'd go back to a save where it still works, but i didnt notice this so i'd lose way too much progress.

Any tipps?

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I was on my way to Lindenvale (Valen) and stopped to loot a random hut, ended up stumbling on a Witcher contract that happened to be posted on the bulletin in Lindenvale. This game, man. I've got the option of leaving for Novigrad or Skillege but can't be arsed to leave Valen, I'm having too much fun here. So much to do!

foxtrot3d

Banned
I have returned to
Kaer Morhen
and I have a question...

Where is Triss and Keira? If they said they should be here... shouldn't I see them somewhere?

I'm not sure if it's based on who you romance but for me Triss shows up later Yennefer is already there and ordering everyone around to prepare lifting the curse. She also tossed out the bed in Geralt's room because Triss screwed him in it in TW1. I love Yen.

Visceir

First time in Novigrad I had to get all the way to the back of the city. It was mighty impressive wandering through the whole city and seeing how large it really is. Stunning.

GOAT city in an rpg game.

hunchback

This is my first Witcher game. I'm playing on XB1 and have had the console since lauch. This is the best experience I have had since getting the console. I have never been this immersed in a XB1 game yet. I tried GTA and DA:I but they don't come close.
I'm really looking forward to this journey. Has anyone else signed up for the season pass? I feel safe purchasing it now from what I've seen and the company's passion to get it right with patches and free dlc.

foxtrot3d

Banned
regarding that spoiler, is it made clear what choices will lead to that outcome?

Yes, I'd look it up but I'm too lazy but from what I remember it's based on your interactions with Ciri and choices made during certain side quests. For me to get her to live I:
-Played with her by engaging in a snowball fight at Kaer Morhen
-Gave her the necklace of Lara Dorren
-Accompanied her to speak with the Lodge
-Told her that she should speak to Emhyr
-Went with her to visit Skjall's grave.

And I'm sure there are a few more things I'm forgetting that leads to her living. Additionally, what she does after surviving is dependent on your actions in certain side quests mainly what you did concerning Radovid. I believe that she only becomes Empress if Radovid is assassinated and you side with Roche. Otherwise the North does not conquer the entire continent but remains at war essentially at a stalemate and Emhyr will later get assassinated. Also, if you don't take her to speak with Emhyr she will not become Empress.

Serrato

I'm not sure if it's based on who you romance but for me Triss shows up later Yennefer is already there and ordering everyone around to prepare lifting the curse. She also tossed out the bed in Geralt's room because Triss screwed him in it in TW1. I love Yen.

Oh so I gotta continue the main quest. Thank you!

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Went to get this in my local and they were sold out. Unexpectedly not being able to buy a game you really want is highly irritating.

Apt101

I just picked up a super-thin 27" IPS LED monitor (was tired of the glare from my PlayStation monitor). This is like being a little kid and sitting in front of the TV on Saturday morning. I can see everything.

Also I am straight demolishing monsters and bandits. I think I should have started on a greater difficulty.

fantomena

Yes, I'd look it up but I'm too lazy but from what I remember it's based on your interactions with Ciri and choices made during certain side quests. For me to get her to live I:
-Played with her by engaging in a snowball fight at Kaer Morhen
-Gave her the necklace of Lara Dorren
-Accompanied her to speak with the Lodge
-Told her that she should speak to Emhyr
-Went with her to visit Skjall's grave.

And I'm sure there are a few more things I'm forgetting that leads to her living. Additionally, what she does after surviving is dependent on your actions in certain side quests mainly what you did concerning Radovid. I believe that she only becomes Empress if Radovid is assassinated and you side with Roche. Otherwise the North does not conquer the entire continent but remains at war essentially at a stalemate and Emhyr will later get assassinated. Also, if you don't take her to speak with Emhyr she will not become Empress.

Actually,
you have to make her speak to Lodge herself, not go with her.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
What the heck, you people with your high end armor. I'm still stuck with low level stuff.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Damn this game is incredible... 15 hours according to GOG and I feel like I've barely even begun.

Vidpixel

I agree that the combat is pretty shit, but serviceable. You gradually learn to deal with it. Just sidestep a lot and use your appropriate signs. Check the glossary thing to learn the weaknesses.

Interesting, I'm actually enjoying the combat quite a bit. I like preparing and reading up on enemies before fights, and the different signs are all satisfying to use. The swordplay is also fun to me, as you are generally punished for mashing the attack button (at least on the higher difficulties). The way countering works is also leagues better than it was in The Witcher 2, as are Geralt's attack animations.

I will admit though, the way Geralt simply moves does take some getting used to, but I wouldn't exactly call it "bad" by any means. Just my opinion though, and I could definitely understand why some people don't like the way the game "feels" while playing.

Emerald dust is so expensive, anyone know where I can find this item?

I killed four ghouls today, side quest to
reclaim an old woman's family home
, and they all dropped the dust. Too bad I had long spent my gold on the stuff to forge the serpentine sword set.

But I'm about to hunt down the Griffin set, so hopefully that emerald dust will come in handy.

Managed to beat an enemy 12 levels above me, a W
yvern______
In the
lighthouse
in Velen, it followed me around indoors over multiple levels, so we had a very close encounter :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom