• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vik

Banned
I feel so posh.

WoodlandBeast11.jpg

I don't get it, I'm one level below you and I'm as poor as a church mouse and possess junks for equipment.

meep!

Neo Member
Are boxes, chests, sacks etc that you loot ever respawning loot after a certain amount of time? And things like monsters nests and other things like that ever respawn?

foxtrot3d

Banned
Actually,
you have to make her speak to Lodge herself, not go with her.

Oh I know, found out later that was the "wrong" choice but so long as you do two or so of those things she'll live. Also, apparently giving her the necklace is also the wrong thing to do. I'm just glad everything worked out.

One other thing regarding the ending,
what happened to the Lodge? It's never really resolved and man oh MAN was I hoping to get the chance to kill Phillipa Eilhart. I'm still bummed I didn't get to lop off her head at some point in the game. I hate her so much, Radovid was too kind only taking her eyes.

fantomena

Oh I know, found out later that was the "wrong" choice but so long as you do two or so of those things she'll live. Also, apparently giving her the necklace is also the wrong thing to do. I'm just glad everything worked out.

Me too.

Seems like you can also get the endings where
Geralt lives his life out with either Yen or Triss, but got the ending where he still is a witcher.

Chariot

I don't get it, I'm one level below you and I'm as poor as a church mouse and possess junks for equipment.
Level mainly says how far one has progressed in the story, since everything besides that and contracts gives shit for experience. He probably did a lot of discovering the world before moving the plot.

Lulubop

Haven't had the time to just sit down and have a super long session but it really does get better as it goes on, much like the Witcher 1. So good.

UberLevi

Wow. I finished Carnal Sins and the game crashed on me upon returning to Dandelion. Good thing too, because
the first time I killed the Reverend, no questions asked. The second time around I implicated him in the murders and he directed me to the coroner.
Who turned out to be a vampire!
Overall, a really good sidequest.

poncle

Good game so far (just lv4), having a lot of trouble with the controls though.
They feel very slow and unresponsive. Having the character to stumble often on rocks, fences, and such doesn't help either.

justjim89

The potion system is a big step down. It's nice that they refill automatically, but the tiny windows of time they work in is so frustrating. What happened to potions that lasted 10 minutes instead of 30 seconds? What's the in-universe justification for that?

Fully upgraded what's up
17437669353_76eabd13eb_o.png

What armor is that? One of the schools?

Please tell me all you guys that are finished didnt do a lot of side quests or havent stopped playing since tuesday. You're making me nervous that the game is short.

I just completed Family matters after 20 hours. How far am I in the game?

Serrato

Fully upgraded what's up
17437669353_76eabd13eb_o.png

What armor is that ? (The name)

Please tell me all you guys that are finished didnt do a lot of side quests or havent stopped playing since tuesday. You're making me nervous that the game is short.

Don't worry, I did a bunch of side quest and i'm 60h in... and i'm just lvl 21 while the Main quest is lvl 19. Take that as you will, though on lower difficulties you level up faster.

Dynasty8

I legitimately feel bad for other developers tackling this genre

I was thinking this the other day. CDPR has set the bar.

Also, in regards to character creation...I'm so sick of it..It's cool for some games, but I've been doing it for the past 99% of open world games recently.

Geralt is such an awesome character to play as. Makes the story and the relationship with other characters interesting... One of my favorite things about games like TW3, GTA5, and Red Dead is the character(s) you play as instead of controlling the "chosen generic lucky soldier who will change the world'". All those games I mentioned have characters that have true personality of their own along with an interesting backstory.

Hope more developers do this.

I'm 40 hours in and I estimate I'm about 25% of the way through the game. I've only explored ~1/3 of Velen/Novigrad and none of Skellige Islands. I'm doing every side quest and playing a fair bit of Gwent.

RulkezX

The game is incredible.

I must have 20+ hours in and I'm still in Velen doing Family Matters but I doubt I've even seen 1/3 of the map. My quest book is rammed with contracts and secondary quests as well, there is just so much content.

The combat has clicked now as well , at least enough that the combat isn't a chore. The open world RPG bar had really risen with W3 , It's going to take something ridiculously special to top this.

RDreamer

I'm 40 hours and just got to Novigrad, so I'm going to guess they had a fuck-ton of time on their hands.

Travo

I may have missed this but is there a way to see how long I've played on the PS4 version? I can't seem to find anything in the menus....or not looking hard enough.

Edit: doh! Just saw the above reply.

finalflame

Man, just
killed that bitch Keira Metz. Screw her for being a manipulating bitch. Hope I don't regret that decision.
<< Spoiler for "Sex and Romance" quest.

Really enjoyed that quest line, though.

DrSlek

So I'm trying to get to that giant tree south of Crookback Bog. As it turns out that are is far too high a level for me. At the time I had no health potions. So I gallop roach back into crookback bog. While doing this, drowners start appearing out of the water all around me as I pass. in trying to avoid them I get turned around and lost (this was before I turned off minimap rotation). At the same time a storm rolls in. It begins pissing down with rain and the trees are bending into my path because of the wind.

So I'm galloping through a storm, in the middle of a swamp, desperately trying to avoid enemies and hoping Roach wont get scared enough to throw me and force me into combat that will likely kill me.

I've not had a heart pounding unscripted event like that in any game for many, many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom