• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom Fox

Banned
Guys, I have a question.

I'm nearly in Novigrad and I'd like to know whether I can play Triss's and Yens missions roughly together so I get a sense of who to stay with.

Please help.

Dresden

Fully upgraded what's up
17437669353_76eabd13eb_o.png

I miss the color of the tier 1 chestpiece.

Salsa

man I dunno. I feel like the game certainly has some issues with quest order and such.. or what they tell you, even if you gather all the info on stuff

ladies of the woods quest spoiler:

like, I just did the ladies of the woods thing, and I freed the spirit. I liked the children, dude sure sounded fucked up but he didnt strike me as bad at all

so I freed him. And then I go outside and Geralt's all "yeah I just freed an ANCIENT EVIL SPIRIT"

what? now I feel like I fucked up, but nothing about it made it seem that way during it. If Geralt knew this shit or knew what he was doing so nonchalantly I feel like I should have too?

now the crazy gran lady gets punished and everything's shit and the spirit will fuck up something else

those ladies of the woods design tho. killer

TI82

Banned
Just started playing this today (got it for $30 due to the best buy screw up). Fun game, little janky but thats what I expect from eastern european developers and this is much better than the other games from that region.

Plus geralt is super cool.

The thing that I thought was weird about Whoreson's quest is
that when you get to him Geralt at no point acknowledges all of the prostitute corpses in the room. When you kill him he says something like "I can't forgive you for Ciri, and not "You're a fucking monster, die" I mean sure, he beats him up for it at the beginning but you'd think it'd come up

Man, just
killed that bitch Keira Metz. Screw her for being a manipulating bitch.

Hope I won't regret this decision. Really enjoyed that quest line, though.

Nah man, you played yourself.
Keira is awesome. Sure she uses Geralt, but he clearly gets, on some level, that she's doing so, and she clearly likes him too, and she actually does help him a fair bit. What I love about Keira is that every single action is self serving, but always in a way that's at least moderately conscious of those around her. She's not cold and calculating, but warm and calculating, which is a refreshing combination.

I mean..I put a spoiler tag on it?

That could be a spoiler for anything from the beginning of the game to the very end. Say something along the lines of Keira quest ending
blahlblahblah

And speaking of Keira's side quest,
killing her never even came into my mind as a possibility.

It's incredible how unique everything in this game feels. Absolute polar opposite to Dragon Age, every side quest has some bit of lore, or a new monster to learn about, or even a simple cutscene where you talk to some bandits or whatever.

We'll see if the game keeps it up but there is just so much to do and none of it feels tedious or lazy. And it's amazing how huge it is. I'm still dicking around Velen and I bet I've seen like a quarter of the map.

Absolutely incredible game. I almost didn't pick it up because I'm usually not too into fantasy but I'm really glad I did.

finalflame

Nah man, you played yourself.
Keira is awesome. Sure she uses Geralt, but he clearly gets, on some level, that she's doing so, and she clearly likes him too, and she actually does help him a fair bit. What I love about Keira is that every single action is self serving, but always in a way that's at least moderately conscious of those around her. She's not cold and calculating, but warm and calculating, which is a refreshing combination.

I mean,
I really didn't like the feeling of her going behind my back to steal Alexander's notes, and god knows what she wanted to do with the mage's research. Shit seemed shady enough. If she had gone there to burn down the tower, maybe, but her manipulative ways didn't lead me to trust her at all. Better off dead. Maybe she'll live next playthrough.

That could be a spoiler for anything from the beginning of the game to the very end. Say something along the lines of Keira quest ending
blahlblahblah

Gotcha, added some additional notation there. My bad :/

Zaru

I mean,
I really didn't like the feeling of her going behind my back to steal Alexander's notes, and god knows what she wanted to do with the mage's research. Shit seemed shady enough. If she had gone there to burn down the tower, maybe, but her manipulative ways didn't lead me to trust her at all. Better off dead. Maybe she'll live next playthrough.

Congratulations, you just
prevented a future cure for a plague!

Salsa

It was super spoilery, since you posted the outcome of an very important decision. Thanks for spoilering postum though :)

I just feel like something a bit similar happened to me on my previous playthrough too.. of Geralt basically knowing more than the player

I get your point about reading stuff to get the proper info even tho I feel like I did, but Geralt's response being all "oh yeah I knew this" when I, the player, didnt, is.. odd. feels broken-ish

at least it should be more like "oh yeah that thing was evil" and Geralt going "wtf oh shit" if 'being tricked' is the point

i'll stick with the decision tho since it didnt seem all bad

artsi

Guys, I have a question.

I'm nearly in Novigrad and I'd like to know whether I can play Triss's and Yens missions roughly together so I get a sense of who to stay with.

Please help.

No problem, just play freely their questlines until you are assigned missions with these names.

Now or Never
(Trish)
The Last Wish
(Yennefer)

They are the most important quests regarding the commitment to the women.
You can finish both (or neither) if you wish.

Just keep in mind that you have to finish them before the main story mission
Ugly baby
or they fail automatically and you can't finish them anymore.

Maximo

man I dunno. I feel like the game certainly has some issues with quest order and such.. or what they tell you, even if you gather all the info on stuff

ladies of the woods quest spoiler:

like, I just did the ladies of the woods thing, and I freed the spirit. I liked the children, dude sure sounded fucked up but he didnt strike me as bad at all

so I freed him. And then I go outside and Geralt's all "yeah I just freed an ANCIENT EVIL SPIRIT"

what? now I feel like I fucked up, but nothing about it made it seem that way during it. If Geralt knew this shit or knew what he was doing so nonchalantly I feel like I should have too?

now the crazy gran lady gets punished and everything's shit and the spirit will fuck up something else

those ladies of the woods design tho. killer
Personally I think freeing the spirit leads to the more "interesting outcome"

Venom Fox

Banned
No problem, just play freely their questlines until you are assigned missions with these names.

Now or Never
(Trish)
The Last Wish
(Yennefer)

They are the most important quests regarding the commitment to the women.
You can finish both (or neither) if you wish.

Just keep in mind that you have to finish them before the main story mission
Ugly baby
or they fail automatically and you can't finish them anymore.
Thanks! :)

Also what's better,
kill the tree or let it go?

Found a random locked crate in the water, should I be looking for a key? Or another way to open it?

I can see myself spending tons of time on side quests before I dig more into the story.

Sifl

Romance question.
Fucking Yennifer on the unicorn doesn't affect romancing with Triss right? Just avoid saying you love her?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Griffon armor is so awesome, I'm running around with 95% sign intensity right now.

Thinkin about doing some rebinds so hot swapping signs in combat is easier.

T for Aard
G for Igni
R for Axii
Y for Yrden
F for quen

I can't remember off the top of my head if any of those keys do anything, but I feel like they don't.

DrSlek

Congratulations, you just
prevented a future cure for a plague!

I
sent her to Kaer Morhen
but before she left I
took the notes form her
and dismantled them into fibre later.

Griffon armor is so awesome, I'm running around with 95% sign intensity right now.

Thinkin about doing some rebinds so hot swapping signs in combat is easier.

T for Aard
G for Igni
R for Axii
Y for Yrden
F for quen

I can't remember off the top of my head if any of those keys do anything, but I feel like they don't.

R and F drink potions.

KorrZ

30 hours in and just finished the Barons quest line. What a ride. At this pace I think I've got another 50 hours before I finish this monster of a game. Really gonna be hard to top this for my GOTY.

cool!

I guess my take on most stuff so far is "don't get involved if unclear" so it felt like the thing to do rather than the extreme

I think I must be playing opposite to you... so did you
find the people burning the house and let it burn? Did you help the Nilfguardian deserter from the lynch mob?
I've been helping people every time but I try not to have to kill people unless they force me into it

Salsa

welp the game crashed and the save is literally in front of spirit thing

nnghh I feel tempted by my new knowledge

btw bummed how it seems to still be crashing after the update. tho less so.

Spoilers for Keira's quest.
Can I do anything with the plague notes? I let her go to KM but I took the notes for no reason on accident.

artsi

Romance question.
Fucking Yennifer on the unicorn doesn't affect romancing with Triss right? Just avoid saying you love her?

Yeah,
it's a different quest and it'll be clear to you when the ultimate choice comes, with both Triss and Yennefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom