• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckNyce

eh alright, felt like it was somewhat vague but you're right

I feel like I read everythin tho

wonder how bad of a decision this was

What an interesting game - I just recently finished that same quest and chose
to kill the spirit, (took me awhile to make a decision but it seemed like it needed to die). As soon as I chose "I don't believe your story", the spirit pretty much said he needed to kill me now - so I felt pretty good about my decision at that point. Then I went back to the 3 sisters and they'd taken the children (probably eaten them) and were saying thanks for killing that spirt and all. Made me think I should have let it live but it sounds like the outcome wouldn't have been much better.

DrSlek

I think I must be playing opposite to you... so did you
find the people burning the house and let it burn? Did you help the Nilfguardian deserter from the lynch mob?
I've been helping people every time but I try not to have to kill people unless they force me into it

I encountered the bandits burning the house down and saved the game before engaging in dialogue. They were too high a level for me at the time, so I loaded the game and figured I'd come back later.

The house was ashes later.

Chariot

I think I must be playing opposite to you... so did you
find the people burning the house and let it burn? Did you help the Nilfguardian deserter from the lynch mob?
I've been helping people every time but I try not to have to kill people unless they force me into it
Same here. I try my best, although it's difficult sometimes. I don't rob people, I help where I can, I even sometimes refuse payment, I try to axii people if that keeps a fight away. My Geralt is a very empathic one.

Salsa

yeah, guess between my whole game confusion of Geralt's words opposed to what I know and whatnot I got deep into this quest and since I now made the other decision I read the consequence of my previous one and......
yeah im glad

kinda cheated myself out of this one but I really felt like it was handled in an odd way

oh well, not like I would have seen the outcome anyway

game is still fair about making you feel shitty either way. hooray

Venom Fox

Banned
Regarding the Witches/Hillcock quest.
I have chosen to
save the lives of the children and let Anna die.
I feel like this is the right thing to do but it'll come back and bite me on the arse.

Oh well, what's one life compared to five kids.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Anyone using the fleet-footed skill? Seems like it doesn't work at all.

I was, noticed it wasn't working so I drank a respec potion.

Also on the list of things that don't do anything, the chrenobog runes for your weapons. They list +15 damage in my inventory but then when i slot em it says +0 and dont change my wepaons DPS or stats.

Animator

People need to stop asking "uh guys what option should I pick in this quest?" because that is completely missing the point of the game. Make your choices and live with it.

silva1991

I can't understand the card game, I always win the first round and then left with no cards but the opponent keeps placing all sorts of unit cards as if he drew another 10 cards :/

Fully upgraded what's up
17437669353_76eabd13eb_o.png

Do you have the mastercrafted feline set? Can you show what the ursine chest and feline boot, gloves and pants look like together!

Salsa

People need to stop asking "uh guys what option should I pick in this quest?" because that is completely missing the point of the game. Make your choices and live with it.

totes

idk if you're refering to me but that wasnt my point. I just felt the game had this odd dialogue that made Geralt know more than the player, which I feel shouldnt happen in a game where you're making decisions

Dresden

I was, noticed it wasn't working so I drank a respec potion.

Also on the list of things that don't do anything, the chrenobog runes for your weapons. They list +15 damage in my inventory but then when i slot em it says +0 and dont change my wepaons DPS or stats.

Undying doesn't work consistently, either. Combat skills feel rather lacking outside of the pure damage buff talents.

31 hours in, still haven't finished Family Matters yet. But damn is this game good. Makes me thankful for 8-10 hour linear set-piece games, because I can't handle this level of quality for every release I play. LOL

The 100 extra weight storage has helped me tremendously. No more throwing stuff away

Is that the biggest in the game or can you get a even larger one?

Venom Fox

Banned
Guys, was the the
tree spirit the Barons/Ciri's horse?
He asks you to bring him a black horse because he was one when he lived, considering Ciri won the horse and then went and seen the witches it'd make sense.

I could be reaching but it obviously seems like these witches have something against the Baron, they take his wife and now his horse!

The fistfight with "Piledriver" in Fists of Fury:Novigrad has got to be bugged. He kills you in two hits (over 1400 damage per punch) and is generally way tougher than all of the other fighters in that quest, despite being at a lower level than each of them.

I beat him once and the game crashed.

I can't understand the card game, I always win the first round and then left with no cards but the opponent keeps placing all sorts of unit cards as if he drew another 10 cards :/

That's the opposite of what you should be doing, you should react to your opponent not just throw everything at once, what works the best for me is throwing some spy at the opponent and then some wheater cards or just letting him win the first round(with a temerian/nilfgardian deck). Also swapping cards out(decoy) and waiting to throw the horn(don't remember the name of the card) allows some nice plays.

Chariot

Regarding the Witches/Hillcock quest.
I have chosen to
save the lives of the children and let Anna die.
I feel like this is the right thing to do but it'll come back and bite me on the arse.

Oh well, what's one life compared to five kids.
If you calculate lime that add the whole village in that gets destroyed by the spirit.

Agreed, but then again some people don't want to choose for themselves or want to min-max decisions, if tgat doesn't spoil their fun *shrug*

My Geralt is a badass, default Geralt.
Not too kind, not too evil, just Geralt.
Probably rhe Geralt that makes the most sense, I just don't want people suffer. In RPGs I always fall into the direction of the good side (since most rpgs ha e a simple good-bad system). Can't bring myself to be an asshole. In videogame, that is.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Undying doesn't work consistently, either. Combat skills feel rather lacking outside of the pure damage buff talents.

Wow that's a shame that seemed like the only other remotely interesting one in that tree.
It's partly why I went for signs. At least signs seem to be functioning.

I grew suspicious of fleet footed so I tested it by letting my self get hit 3 times and looking at the damage taken. Then rolling into them as they were swinging as well as dodging into them. The damage was about the same.

I waited until I got the enhanced racing saddle (+50 stamina) before tackling the races because I'm not very fond of how the horses handle in this game (mostly travel on foot and fast travel).

So I try the first race at Crow's Perch, which I assume is the easiest one... and I get owned by my challenger whose horse has infinite stamina and never has to stop to catch his breath even for a second.

What am I doing wrong here guys ?

Majukun

wow,got a silver sword better than the griffin sword from looting a monster..it has 3 slots for runes too..AND it's just lv 8

Chariot

Guys, was the the
tree spirit the Barons/Ciri's horse?
He asks you to bring him a black horse because he was one when he lived, considering Ciri won the horse and then went and seen the witches it'd make sense.

I could be reaching but it obviously seems like these witches have something against the Baron, they take his wife and now his horse!
No, it's not haha
Read "She who knows".

31 hours in, still haven't finished Family Matters yet. But damn is this game good. Makes me thankful for 8-10 hour linear set-piece games, because I can't handle this level of quality for every release I play. LOL

Indeed.
Give me a game this scope and quality each year, and I'll be set for life lol.

Probably rhe Geralt that makes the most sense, I just don't want people suffer. In RPGs I always fall into the direction of the good side (since most rpgs ha e a simple good-bad system). Can't bring myself to be an asshole. In videogame, that is.

I usually roleplay as the good guy as well in other RPGs, but it just doesn't seem right if I'm roleplaying as Geralt.
However, the options are there, perhaps I'll do just that in my next playthrough(s).

35+ hours. . Family Matter isn't completed, I have to start the Lady in the Woods to continue. Haven't even explored 50% of Velen. How did some of you all finish this game already? There is just so much to do. Worth more than 60 dollars.

silva1991

That's the opposite of what you should be doing, you should react to your opponent not just throw everything at once, what works the best for me is throwing some spy at the opponent and then some wheater cards or just letting him win the first round(with a temerian/nilfgardian deck). Also swapping cards out(decoy) and waiting to throw the horn(don't remember the name of the card) allows some nice plays.

I will try to let him win the first round and see what happens next :p

Cleared it of monsters but no people showed up, doesn't show as "grayed out" on the map like other abandoned places do when they've been cleared.

Is that the one in White Orchard? I had some bugginess with that one on PS4. At first there were no monsters at all. Then they showed up and I killed them, but it didn't immediately activated the people around it. I can't remember if it happened after I had quit and came back to the game the next day, but I suddenly noticed on the map it had greyed out and the herbalist had appeared.

So I guess try quitting and reloading.

Jedi2016

Anyone else have this Abandoned Place (Shrine) in White Orchard bug out on them?

Cleared it of monsters but no people showed up, doesn't show as "grayed out" on the map like other abandoned places do when they've been cleared.
I think that one's bugged, some people on the CDPR forums mentioned it. On my playthrough (and again this morning when I went back to White Orchard), there's simply nothing there to kill. No monsters, no bandits, no bears or wolves, nothing.

Animator

totes

idk if you're refering to me but that wasnt my point. I just felt the game had this odd dialogue that made Geralt know more than the player, which I feel shouldnt happen in a game where you're making decisions

I wasn't referring to anyone in particular. Saw people ask that stuff over and over in this thread and it is like asking the ending of of a movie before they go see it imo. Half the fun is finding out down the line how the consequences of your choices played out. :)

Zakalwe

Banned
Question for those playing on B&BB who have progressed quite far:

Does the amount of xp gained via kills/quests feel balanced?

Progression felt incredibly slow, so I used a mod to increase xp gained but while it feels more enjoyable this way I'm worried I'll over level content.

Salsa

well I hope I get to make a proper amount of heavy decisions as I go since this one seemed a bit odd in execution

sure there's lots of it, tho

TheFatMan

So I've been playing up to this point (level 15) as mostly combat oriented in the skill trees.
Think I'm gonna lean more heavily on signs and alchemy though after a respec. Combat skill tree just seems boring and not that over powered. Signs are just so much fun in this game.

a few quibbles.

- combat robs you of the ability to jump since the circle button is dedicated to dodging.
- the target system isnt perfect. I have a hard time jumping to the closest enemy too often, so I have to deselect everyone. then select again.
- no fast way to loop through consumables

(now in the right thread)

Progression felt incredibly slow, so I used a mod to increase xp gained but while it feels more enjoyable this way I'm worried I'll over level content.

The content is actually well balanced. I skipped the majority of secondary quests and completely bypassed the witcher quests but by the end of the game I was still around the right level. You'll likely become OP doing sidequests alone so the mod will probably have a similar effect.

Put many hours into the game today, leveled up quite a bit and got level appropriate armor and swords.

I am at level 6 now but still only have 3 skill slots unlocked? Have about 13 ability points though. So many skills I want to use.

Am doing both main quests available simultaneously.

Keira Metz - Early spoilers -
I just completed the part of her mission which is part of the main quest. i.e., I learnt about Crookbag Bog and she went back to her place and asked me to come back later. I think I have some hint at which direction her quests may be heading.

1) She had a letter in her room where where she is trying to chat up that research assistant.

2) She wanted a lamp that speaks to the dead.

3) She is really afraid of rats.

4) There was that line about the witches in the bog stopping the plague in Velen.

All that sounds very ominious.

Rolling, dodging, the same thing. When 5 neckers surround you, dodging does nothing because it doesn't create enough distance. You dodge one attack but take 4 from the other enemies surrounding you.

And turning off the points of interest would be a good idea if you didn't end up finding a camp of lvl 15 drowners with your lvl 5 Geralth every time you decide to "explore".

It might sound like I'm hating on the game, but I genuinely enjoy it, its just that those 2 things (combat and animations) detract a lot from it, they actively hinder my experience with the game. I'm not expecting Bloodborne levels of polish on the combat, but I at least expected something better than this.

Rolling and dodging are very different. Dodging doesn't use stamina.

And when there are multiple enemies, crowd control using signs is very important. Even in the tutorial area, the game shows you how to use Yrden against Wolves. Or use Aard. Both help you reduce your fights temporarily from a 5-on-1 to a 2-on-1 or so.

Zakalwe

Banned
The content is actually well balanced. I skipped the majority of secondary quests and completely bypassed the witcher quests but by the end of the game I was still around the right level. You'll likely become OP doing sidequests alone so the mod will probably have a similar effect.

As I thought, I'll deactivate it next time I play. Only used it briefly so no real damage.

Thanks.

Dresden

I'm on death march, but it's probably the same thing in the end. You get big chunks of xp off main quests and little off side quests. You're going to end up really overleveled with an xp boosting mod, because even at base xp I'm seeing it happen to my playthrough.

e: oh, resolved. nvm

Sakura

Where can I find Triss? (Spoilers for Triss quest stuff just in case)
I finished her quests and romanced her, and I'm pretty sure I recalled her going to Kaer Morhen or something. So I'm here, but don't see her anywhere. Or is she just kind of gone from the game now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom