• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

void666

Banned
Just noticed the griffin sword has a griffin carving on the handle. And each sword has its unique scabbard.
The amount of details on armor and weapons is jaw dropping.

Warablo

This game is so huge, idk if I want to continue my playthrough. I sorta want to restart and get missables and wait for patches/DLC.. Its my OCD thinking that is driving me crazy.

EDIT: I see big miss opportunity to display your trophies and place for storage/library.. I know Witchers are always traveling but it would be nice.

viveks86

witcher32015-05-2417-32-18.png

witcher32015-05-2417-36-45.png

witcher32015-05-2418-35-21.png

witcher32015-05-2418-44-18.png

witcher32015-05-2417-11-43.png

witcher32015-05-2417-17-58.png

witcher32015-05-2418-09-27.png

I can't find Crookback Bog or the baron's wife. Help?

I tried using the map that came with the game by locating Midcopse then going SE but no avail and it seems the map doesn't match the in-game map at all :(

viveks86

Alright, so we dissected that picture with the crappy wall and grass in the downgrade thread for like weeks. What did you do to get the game to look so freaking gorgeous?

INI tweaks for foliage density, foliage distance and shadows. Everything else is just standard ultra settings and the right ToD. Game doesn't even allow me to manually increase draw distance (hopefully that will be possible down the line)

Wow, dat clarity, dat textures, det beauty. I notice you took screenshots similar to those discussed in the downgrade thread. And man looking at these and how stunning they are I honestly don't understand how someone could complain about them.

Yeah I stuck to the basic camera angles because everyone can relate to the older ones. I've posted them in the downgrade thread as well, in case you feel like debating with anyone over it ;)

Salsa

k fuck it think im gonna yu gi oh this bitch

what's the best tutorial out there if I just skipped the Gwent introduction

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Do bombs replenish for free when you meditate, or are they using a mat like potions use alcohest?

Btw, finally got a bunch of oil recipes from a single vendor after running with like, 3 for much of my time with the game. Feels good.

30IR

Banned
I can't find Crookback Bog or the baron's wife. Help?

I tried using the map that came with the game by locating Midcopse then going SE but no avail and it seems the map doesn't match the in-game map at all :(

Well,
have you done the mission with Keira Metz where you go into a cave and end up fighting one of the Wild Hunt dudes? After that, you will emerge from another exit with a boat - take that boat Northwest for a while (towards the orange marker.) Once you get close to the marker, you have to jump out and continue on foot in the swamp fighting your way past several Drowners etc. Then, just follow the path to the marker and you'll come up on Crookback Bog with Anna (the wife).

Warablo

Someone

Talk to me about the Keira Metz plotline. How good was that??

I'm still thinking about it. Some of you must have done it by now

It was great, and I wonder what the consequence if you sleep with her will be. I regret sending her off so early to Kaer though, because she had diagrams and respec potions I want to purchase.

bede-x

Is this game everything you guys were hoping/wishing it would be?

I'd probably rank it as my favorite open world game after Morrowind and Dragon's Dogma. I'm not a fan of the genre so make of that what you will.

Are the side quests repetitive nonsense (ala many Ubisoft games)?

The quests are well written and offer more diversity than any other similar game I can remember. Play Witcher 3 for them and the contracts and you'll have a great time. There are activities besides that and they are every bit as repetitive as Ubisoft Game.

How's the world interaction? Is it truly immersive or are NPC's just eye candy?

Quite limited interaction. NPCs mostly don't even react when you plunder their houses. That said, there's no reason to downplay eye candy, which helps create immersion.

After 20 hrs, I finally stepped into a sizable city, Oxenfurt. It was actually a pretty cool moment after spending so much time in the wilderness and small villages.
Felt bad racing passed the train of refugees.

30IR

Banned
Someone

Talk to me about the Keira Metz plotline. How good was that??

I'm still thinking about it. Some of you must have done it by now

Just did that yesterday and man it was intense! Got owned by the
Wild Hunt dude several times - had to use all 4 bombs to stun/damage him to take him out finally. Then went up to the Crones part - some ugly ass witches for sure!

INI tweaks for foliage density, foliage distance and shadows. Everything else is just standard ultra settings and the right ToD. Game doesn't even allow me to manually increase draw distance (hopefully that will be possible down the line
Damn. Well, what you did looks amazing.

So, no real spoilers, how far along into the main quest am I if I just got to
Kaer Morhen with Uma
?
I feel like things are building up, but I doubt I'm nearing any endgame.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
what did you guys get from the General ability tree? still feels oddly like wasting a point, ha

I put a point in Cat School Techniques, because it compliments my... cat school techniques

I regret putting more than one point in parrying arrows. I never have time to deflect back because there's usually a mob after me while he hangs back and shoots.

It was great, and I wonder what the consequence if you sleep with her will be. I regret sending her off so early to Kaer though, because she had diagrams and respec potions I want to purchase.

I slept with her, she just peaces off the the island the next morning and you go and confront her. What happens if you don't sleep with her? And I sent her to Kaer as well, I didn't know she had anything useful. Is there even an option not to send her? It sounded like shed be hunted down and burned if I didn't

I'm really bummed I'm not enjoying this more. I don't like how Geralt moves, I don't find the combat very interesting, I hate crafting (not news, I just hoped it wouldn't be too prominent in this game), I'm having a hard time reading things on my screen, and I don't care for the menu navigation.

I really wanted to like it, but I might just end up selling it or something if it doesn't click.

TMC

Just spent about 2.5 hours fighting the
werewolf
on death march difficulty. My heart was racing on the attempt where I finally beat him. I was only level 6. I probably should have waited until I was at a higher level, but I was too stubborn. I'm also pretty sure I spent more time looking at the loading screen than fighting the actual monster.

Just spent about 2.5 hours fighting the
werewolf
on death march difficulty. My heart was racing on the attempt where I finally beat him. I was only level 6. I probably should have waited until I was at a higher level, but I was too stubborn. I'm also pretty sure I spent more time looking at the loading screen than fighting the actual monster.

The loading times are pretty bad at least on PS4. Bloodborne got a lot of flak for it but people seem to be giving W3 a pass. Guessing it's because death isn't quite as common?

Still, I'm reloading saves and dying often enough for it to be a nuisance

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I have over 6k LOL

What region was it in? It's a pain to keep track of the Novigrad shops.

I'm not very well versed in the area either so I'll try to explain.

It's right past that door you go through early on to see the king of beggars. Take a left and visit the merchant there.

I am poor as fuck apparently.

The loading times are pretty bad at least on PS4. Bloodborne got a lot of flak for it but people seem to be giving W3 a pass. Guessing it's because death isn't quite as common?

Bloodborne was pretty integrated in the design as you went to the hub and teleported around, it was a constant nuisance. Quick travel in W3 is alright regarding loads, it's mostly awful on death.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm really bummed I'm not enjoying this more. I don't like how Geralt moves, I don't find the combat very interesting, I hate crafting (not news, I just hoped it wouldn't be too prominent in this game), I'm having a hard time reading things on my screen, and I don't care for the menu navigation.

I really wanted to like it, but I might just end up selling it or something if it doesn't click.
Where are you? I had most of those same issues at first hut they all melted away once I spent some time in Velen and really got into the meat of the game as well as getting a better hold on combat.

I'm not very well versed in the area either so I'll try to explain.

It's right past that door you go through early on to see the king of beggars. Take a left and visit the merchant there.

I am poor as fuck apparently.
Thanks

Grady

Anyone else randomly crash on ps4 while playing Gwent? Its happened a couple times as im about to when and its getting annoying.

anddo0

Can someone explain weapon scaling to me?

I found
Moonblade
at level 6 and feel like I screwed myself out of a great weapon. I've heard that it's fixed; so even if I reload my save it will be locked to level 6 even if I don't open the chest.

Warablo

I slept with her, she just peaces off the the island the next morning and you go and confront her. What happens if you don't sleep with her? And I sent her to Kaer as well, I didn't know she had anything useful. Is there even an option not to send her? It sounded like shed be hunted down and burned if I didn't

I slept with her too. I think sleeping with her may have a impact on Yen or Triss. The whole quest line is just her misguiding you for her needs. If you don't send her to Kaer you actually fight her to the death, or I believe she leaves with the notes and probably gets burned at the stake.

I slept with her too. I think sleeping with her may have a impact on Yen or Triss. The whole quest line is just her misguiding you for her needs. If you don't send her to Kaer you actually fight her to the death, or I believe she leaves with the notes and probably gets burned at the stake.

Ah good call. I havent played the first two games so I'm not sure what Triss and Geralts relationship is like, I assume similar to Yen in that they're both ex lovers of his? No need to tell them what happened :)

And well, definitely glad I sent her there, wouldn't have wanted to see her die

Trickster

Hmm, I've come across a mage and 4 witch hunters standing in the street in Novigrad, Mage is fixed in place, hovering a bit above the ground, and nothing happens if I try to talk to any of them.

Anyone else encountered this? Any solution? Tried loading an older save ponit and going back there via different route, but issue still persists :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom