• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need some advice from players/casual fans:

Eurogamer compared this to Skyrim and Dragon Age, saying Witcher makes both of them look stiff. This had me intrigued.

The thing with me is that I want a nice RPG to get lost in, and always look forward to that aspect of exploring and getting immersed in an RPG. I played Skyrim, but got bored of it. I did enjoy it, but just didn't totally like the cold province.

I bought Dragon Age for PS4 after enjoying the original (though never beating it). I got bored of this too, and though I would like to finish it (and may), the combat is dreadful to me, and I hated getting stuck and having to reload a manual save. The solution here was to lower the difficulty. I just get bored of traveling the same places and playing the lame combat, and collecting the same random stuff.

I do finish and love RPGs. I enjoyed the hell out of Fallout 3 and did many quests and finished the game, I loved Dark Cloud 2 and finished it, and games like Golden Sun, Demon's/Dark Souls and Bloodborne

I was a little scared to jump into this because I felt burnt by Dragon Age, but it seems this is getting incredible praise for being on the same level as games like Red Dead Redemption and having genuinely good sidequests/exploration and diversity. It seems Dragon Age is considered in retrospect to be very outclassed by Witcher.

I don't know if I'm asking for comparisons or what, I guess I just want some perspective on what people think, and advice from more casual players who may not have the same time or dedication as devoted fans to play this. I don't want to suddenly find myself bored or uninterested, like I did with Dragon Age.

I guess with RPGs, I either find myself getting totally absorbed, or slowly bored and uninterested, and I'm not sure which Witcher will be going by my track record

Joeku

So I just a notification from Nvidia about game ready drivers. Haven't gotten a fresh one before. Am I cool to get this now or are these often borked in some way?

What up GAF, my garden is ready, my beer is ready and you can bet the body is ready. Let's do this!

I participated a lot in the downgrade thread but still hyped as fuck cause I cannot wait to see the cause and consequences, and going open world in the Witcher world is money to me.

Cheers!

FkHTvJE.jpg

Is this pre or post the day zero patch? Grass looks flat and poorly shaded. You need some of that self-shadowing and dang ole' HBAO+, scro. Also- that structure on the right does not look period-appropriate, and this screen appears to show Geralt having been replaced by a giant hand and a beer.

bombshell

For approx. 500 MB? I'm sure there are a lot of undocumented changes/fixes in there.

The delta patch system on PS4 always shows you the full combined size of all patches so far, but will skip the download of the patches you already have.

1.01 was 480 something MB, 1.02 is the rest.

Peff

Well, that was an odd place for a card mini-game tutorial. The save-game simulation thingie is yet to come, right?

Ludovico

Well crap.
I preloaded the game last week, and just installed a new ssd this morning.
I usually back up games from the 'steamapps' folder, but it looks like it didn't carry over.
Does anyone happen to know where the preload files are stored in the steam directory?

Is this pre or post the day zero patch? Grass looks flat and poorly shaded. You need some of that self-shadowing and dang ole' HBAO+, scro. Also- that structure on the right does not look period-appropriate, and this screen appears to show Geralt having been replaced by a giant hand and a beer.
Label texture is really the only impressive part of that screen, otherwise it looks like a PS3 game... I am so disappointed right now.

Saint9806

Is this a game I need to use my Astro Headsets for? I usually don't use them for every game. I wasn't even using them for Bloodborne until someone mentioned how good the OST and other sounds were. Wondering how the sound is in this game. Can't wait to play!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Not long now. Haven't bee this hyped for a game in a long time. I feel shattered so a little gutted it's not hitting till 1AM but fuck it.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, Yennefer Layer

1cgr0h.png

BumRush

I have been anti-open world lately but after playing bloodborne (I realize it's not open world) for 70+ hours (and absolutely loving it), I realize it's not about the time commitment, but more about not liking the games / worlds I had been playing. So pumped for this game.

Virdix

You guys got me paranoid that my CE that I've had since last year will get canceled even though I know my Debit card is right, come on Amazon ship it and send me a confirmation

Well crap.
I preloaded the game last week, and just installed a new ssd this morning.
I usually back up games from the 'steamapps' folder, but it looks like it didn't carry over.
Does anyone happen to know where the preload files are stored in the steam directory?
"seems" to be in the depotcache folder (which is in the steamapps folder), I only have Witcher 3 Preload on my SSD and thats where 21GB is at. Idk if there are other necessary files anywhere else though, this is actually my first time every preloading a game on steam.

Wow, I totally forgot just how absolute shit PS4 download speeds are. I guess I should have preordered earlier, but on the other hand, if I can get 50 megs a second on steam, I should get more than sub 1 meg a second on the PS4. Disgusting how Sony has done nothing about this.

erawsd

anigif_enhanced-buzz-2526-1367860726-12.gif

Bod

Neo Member
I cant even remember the last time i was this hyped for a game.

I was not even this bad waiting for Skyrim, and i am a massive Elder Scrolls fan.

boskee

You guys got me paranoid that my CE that I've had since last year will get canceled even though I know my Debit card is right, come on Amazon ship it and send me a confirmation

That's why I buy Amazon gift cards and apply them to pre-orders I care about in case I have no money on the card or I forgot to update my details. Have been doing that ever since one of my long awaited pre-orders didn't turn up because Amazon had my old, lost card on file and tried to charge it in the middle of the night when I couldn't read the email alerts.

The starting area is
Kaer Morhen, right? I'm excited to explore that place again, as I just replayed the first couple hours of TW1 recently.

cripterion

You're drinking the wrong beer.

B7WRl39CYAAK7jN.jpg:large

Damn, that really nice, where you get that brew?

My grass looks fine as hell I just spent 6 hours tending to the garden. Pic is still missing forward lit particles (I was burning some shit but you can't see cause garden is loooooong).

maybe a dumb question, but with the downloaded save file in the OP, what exactly do I transfer over from the ZIP file to the witcher 2 savegame folder? There are several different sav files

Ludovico

"seems" to be in the depotcache folder (which is in the steamapps folder), I only have Witcher 3 Preload on my SSD and thats where 21GB is at. Idk if there are other necessary files anywhere else though, this is actually my first time every preloading a game on steam.

Thanks for checking.
I've got nothing there, I moved the files over from Windows.old instead of copying, and I don't see them anywhere else sooo...

One and a half more hours of preloading ;_;

Tovarisc

Some people have lang packs and DLC available for download through Galaxy and some don't have. For e.g. I live in Finland and I don't have DLC available while another Finn just downloaded them.

Sign of very rough GOG [Galaxy] release happening in few hours?

Oh, huh. It is in the game at some point, right? Pretty sure I saw it somewhere.

Yes

Denton

Nope. 100% real. Posted by CDPR on their Facebook page.

Do you want to see a wonderful fake tho? Here

That is such a lovely fake.
My absolute preference would be CGI with Doug in style of Night to Remember, but live action with Mads is close second.

Savitar

I've picked Triss without fail in the first two games. Nothing compared.

But....but......Yennefer the raven haired beauty is pure sex.

The wait...the wait....it's horrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom